NINJA PLATFORM

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:25 am

Humble wrote:
Phil wrote:I think i´m still struggeling to find the ´right´ trading direction. Entered at the arrow, being stopped out for the second time today.

Sorry to keep on about this but in case it helps, I do not see the point in having indis on your chart if you are not going to use them.

Both the channel and the 3 sema on your chart said the right trading direction was down.

no need to apologize, please keep telling what I?ve done wrong. That´s the only way I can master this. Learn from you all.
I agree that based upon the channel and the Sema 3 the trend is down. But I sure like to know how to correctly enter countertrend trades. In the chart you´re talking about I took this trade cause at that time of entry there was a sema 2 at the bottom ( also price was near the channel bottom at the moment) and my goal was to take this countertrade till the upper channel line.
So I?m a bit confused whether I should take countertrades at all or not? I´ve seen a lot of charts in this thread of people taking these kind of trades. Perhaps I?m just stubborn and need to hear it a zillion times before I see it. If I need to leave countertrades at the moment please tell me so 
Thanks for the input.
@Tmanbone, thanks so this is the way it´s best?

Enjoy your day

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:27 am

-removed, duplicate post -
Last edited by Phil on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:08 am

Humble wrote:
Phil wrote:I think i´m still struggeling to find the ´right´ trading direction. Entered at the arrow, being stopped out for the second time today.

Sorry to keep on about this but in case it helps, I do not see the point in having indis on your chart if you are not going to use them.

Both the channel and the 3 sema on your chart said the right trading direction was down.

Do you consider this a valid entry? (arrow)
According the rules, it´s with the channel and the lower sema...

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

Phil wrote:
Humble wrote:

Do you consider this a valid entry? (arrow)
According the rules, it´s with the channel and the lower sema...

Yes an A trade, an A plus would be a 3 sema @ bottom channel, possibly breaking the channel by a small amount and angling up.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Humble

Postby Humble » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:16 am

Phil wrote: Do you consider this a valid entry? (arrow)

How did I know the chart would bring up this example!

I think it's a low % trade and Mr T thinks it's good. We all have different ways of seeing things.

The reason behind my last post was because with the 3 sema & channel in harmony, what I thought you missed in thinking about counter trades, was a pullback giving a good place to short.

I understand dchappy's idea is to wait for a sema to form outside the channel.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 am

Humble wrote:
Phil wrote: Do you consider this a valid entry? (arrow)

How did I know the chart would bring up this example!

I think it's a low % trade and Mr T thinks it's good. We all have different ways of seeing things.

The reason behind my last post was because with the 3 sema & channel in harmony, what I thought you missed in thinking about counter trades, was a pullback giving a good place to short.

I understand dchappy's idea is to wait for a sema to form outside the channel.

Yes, i think i need to focus more on sema´s occurring around the channel lines itself.

And, i think i still miss a lot of things, but i´m so glad for all of your comments!

Thanks,
Phil

Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:48 am

I´ve got some questions about the setup. I thought i better post them here so all who´s interested can download them.

I´ve attached a zip-file which contains the needed indicators and templates i use. There´s also a rangebar indicator which is located in a seperated folder in the zip file and has a instructions file with it. Just copy the indicator files and rangebar files to the indicator folder. Templates to the template folder. Now first of all you need to open a M1 chart and drop the rangebar indie on this chart. Set the tickcount to the range you want and make sure the ´allow dll´ i checked. After done this you can open up a offline chart (pair with the M2). But this is described in the instructions file. I only modified the PM_ indicators and will modify some more.

I hope you´re able to install this all and i did not confuse you.
All credits goes to Chappy, Tro, Flinux and i´m sure i´m forgetting someone!

Let us all know how your trades are doing.

Enjoy your day, Phil
Attachments
Components.zip
(38.52 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:00 am

Countertrend trade...

I need to control my emotions. Took my profit when i saw it...

@Humble: do you consider this a valid pullback?

Enjoy your day.

Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 am

Took the trade while price was close to the lower channelline.
Channel pointing up, sema 3 at the bottom.

Entered and had a cup of coffee with my wife.
On returning i saw my automated trailing stop was enabled which gave a nice profit :)

Oh, and, blush... the lotsize was quite bigger due to testing before on demo and i didn´t reset it... Shamefull i know, but lucky me.

But look at the signal, quite clear.

Have fun.

Humble

Postby Humble » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:12 am

Well done Phil.

Just IMHO again, but: "But look at the signal, quite clear. "
Know what you are looking for and wait for it. Concentrate on making the most from these moves. Watch what happens if you set a TP at the centre channel instead of using a trailing stop.

From you above chart watch for a pullback, if it confirms the 3 sema, do the trade again. I don't know how the move progressed, but I think better to focus on this rather than counter trades.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Return to “forex”