NINJA PLATFORM

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:43 am

Mike,

Your chart showed the LinReg and SMA lines went outside the channel but that's not entirely accurate because the channel is valid only for the current bar. Using LinReg (Period 60, Std Dev 2) will help you visualize historical price movement above and below the channel.

Also dchappy method uses Heiken Ashi indicator.

Lis

MikeWinfrey wrote:Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. This is a picture of my chart. The parallel blue lines are obviously the regression channel that dchappy uses with one exception. This is a draw object as opposed to using the Regression Channel indicator that comes with NT. I put the regression channel drawobject in an indicator so I can use it to practice on historic data which can't be done using the Regression Channel indicator. The cyan line is the 25 period LinReg indicator which is the same as Woodie's LSMA. Found that out a few years back. The black line is the CCI line. So, I really don't even need the CCI on my chart any longer but like dchappy was at one time, it's still a crutch. The middle panel with the red and green dots is a traffic light that tells me where the cyan line is in relation to the black line. In other words, it tells me when the crosses occur.

In addition to the cross, I am looking for both the cyan and black lines to go outside the regression channel for the cross to take place. I don't remember dchappy mentioning that but it seems to be a good indication of exhaustion.

I'm really liking this setup so far. Been back over a few days worth of charts and it's doing well. Today is my first day to actually trade this chart.

Thanks dchappy...
Mike
Last edited by monolisa on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:51 am

SHORT TRADE
Entry
1. HA Bar crosses the upper boundary of the Regression Channel Lines (RCL) (green dotted lines)
2. HA Bar is Red
3. LSMA is Red
Exit
1. either at the lower boundary of the RCL or when LSMA is White

LONG TRADE is just the opposite of short trade

I have added one more criteria to the system - Risk Reward Ratio (RRR) >= 1.5 (Risk = Distance between Entry Price and Previous Swing High/Low + 3 pips, Reward = Distance between Entry Price and Lower/Upper Boundary of RCL)

Lis

noone22 wrote:
monolisa wrote:Image

Hm, and how to trade this???
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

noone22

Postby noone22 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:57 am

Thank you,
this gives some clues and field to think.
Could you provide .ex4 indicators or at least .tpl template?

MikeWinfrey

Postby MikeWinfrey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Lis,

I was just showing a picture of my setup. I wasn't pointing out any entries. I fully understand that the Regression Channel is only valid on the current bar. There must be something that I'm not clearly expressing. The Regression Channel that is displayed on my chart is the same thing as the Regression Channel indicator provided by NT. I AM using 2 standard deviations and 60 periods. The only difference is that MY Regression Channel is one that I created so I can view it's state by advancing my chart one bar at a time. The Regression Channel Indicator provided by NT isn't capable of doing that. I hope that clears it up.

thanks for mentioning the Heiken Ashi...I overlooked that.

Thanks,
Mike

MikeWinfrey

Postby MikeWinfrey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Holy Cow Lis, I just reviewed our posts over the last couple days to see what I'm missing and I think I finally see what you're telling me. Sometimes I can be a bit slow on the uptake. I think what you're saying is for me to see the Regression Channel on previous bars I need to write my own indicator for the LinReg that adds an upper and lower plot representing the channel that is accurate for that bar. I am going to do that because I think it will be valuable for looking at historic data from the perspective of the whole chart. However, my method allows me to advance my chart one bar at a time and see the same thing that I would see on the live chart. For me, that capability is just as important because I will see exactly what I would've seen on the live chart at that point. That is a valuable feature for practicing the same way as live.

I hope I've finally expressed myself clearly. What an ordeal this has been expressing my ideas and I appreciate you hanging with me. I really didn't intend to cause this kind of mental drill.

Thanks again,
Mike

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:20 pm

This is so cool , I had to share .

For about a month now we have been using the Semafor to trade hourly binary cash options with good success .( DEMO Only ! )

We hunt for sema's on a short range/timeframe and trade the last 10-15 min of the hour . ( surprising how often they occur )

The risk/reward is constant @ 1: .8 ( risk $90 to profit $75 )

Advantages are : the option must expire only 1 pip in profit to succeed
minimal time in market ( 10 - 15 min )
no margin , loss is limited to the cost of the option
good profit ( 1 option would equate to trading 1 mini-lot
if the option expires 1 pip in profit , it would generate $70-$75 ...or 70 pips / mini-lot

I won't want to answer any questions reguarding set-ups or options themselves ..Please .. :) :)
Options have thier own vocabulary and Google can explain much better than I ..soo..you must do your own research.

Just wanted to throw this concept out there to see the possibilities ...We plan to demo / tweak for a good month before going to cash..

Also .. the Semafor is the key ..........Trade well ....Chappy
Attachments
$EURUSD  10_2_2009 (2 Range).jpg
$EURUSD 10_2_2009 (2 Range).jpg (86.86 KiB) Viewed 3602 times

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37 pm

No problem, Mike. The benefits are mutual.

Nice work, dchappy. Thanks for your explanations :)

Keep it simple :)

Lis

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:57 pm

dchappy

Interesting, who do you have your demo account with?

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Patch wrote:dchappy

Patch

Patch

Nadex, EZ-trader & Tradesmarter

lukx

Postby lukx » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:23 am

you guys are only trading london and ny open or during all time?

Return to “forex”