NINJA PLATFORM

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:31 pm

I see. Thanks :)

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MikeWinfrey

Postby MikeWinfrey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:32 pm

You know...I am curious about something. dchappy used the cci crossing the 100 line and later changed to using a moving average cross of the cci if i understand correctly. Is that right or did I miss something.

Mike

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:09 pm

You are correct. LSMA and price cross is the method currently used.

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

MikeWinfrey

Postby MikeWinfrey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:15 pm

outstanding...thank you

MikeWinfrey

Postby MikeWinfrey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:47 pm

I use ninjatrader and was using the regression channel indicator that comes with ninja. However, I can't look at historic data with it. It only stays current with the current bar that is building. I really wanted to practice on static charts so I can skip through a bar at a time to see how these setups look at the time. So, I created a simple indicator that plots the Regression Channel draw object. I can now use it to look at historic data more accurately...

I feel much better now that I can practice viewing these dchappy setups.

Mike

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:06 am

LinReg is the NT indicator that shows present and past Regression channel. However it doesn't have std dev function. You can mod it to include such function.

The green dotted lines on the chart here are the Regression Channel Lines of 60 period and 2 std dev. You can see price getting in and out of the channel on historical data.

Lis

jz166

Postby jz166 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:13 am

Liz, welcome back!

Your chart is range 10 or M2? Please post more.
:D

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 am

It's range 10 chart.

Lis

MikeWinfrey

Postby MikeWinfrey » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:27 am

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. This is a picture of my chart. The parallel blue lines are obviously the regression channel that dchappy uses with one exception. This is a draw object as opposed to using the Regression Channel indicator that comes with NT. I put the regression channel drawobject in an indicator so I can use it to practice on historic data which can't be done using the Regression Channel indicator. The cyan line is the 25 period LinReg indicator which is the same as Woodie's LSMA. Found that out a few years back. The black line is the CCI line. So, I really don't even need the CCI on my chart any longer but like dchappy was at one time, it's still a crutch. The middle panel with the red and green dots is a traffic light that tells me where the cyan line is in relation to the black line. In other words, it tells me when the crosses occur.

In addition to the cross, I am looking for both the cyan and black lines to go outside the regression channel for the cross to take place. I don't remember dchappy mentioning that but it seems to be a good indication of exhaustion.

I'm really liking this setup so far. Been back over a few days worth of charts and it's doing well. Today is my first day to actually trade this chart.

Thanks dchappy...
Mike
Attachments
$GBPUSD  10_2_2009 (10 RangeAlt).jpg
$GBPUSD 10_2_2009 (10 RangeAlt).jpg (125.68 KiB) Viewed 3744 times

noone22

Postby noone22 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 pm

monolisa wrote:Image

Hm, and how to trade this???

Return to “forex”