NINJA PLATFORM

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

Patch

Postby Patch » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:28 pm

monolisa

Hope your having a great Friday. Wondering a couple things:

How do you determine where the Semafors are on the Ninja chart? I've been watching the Sema's on a MT4.

On the chart attached I see the bar price indicator moving up and down on the far right, but I don't have any HeikenAshi bar forming and reflecting the price movement. You can see on the volumn at the bottom, something is happening. The completed bar show up as soon as the new bar starts but doesn't display. HA bars are definitely different. I've got to red up on them and re-read this thread. -- Patch
Attachments
Heiken Ashi bars -maybe problem.gif
Heiken Ashi bars -maybe problem.gif (33.8 KiB) Viewed 3499 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:18 pm

hey patch, if you're wondering why our bars look different it is because you are using 1 minute bars and we are using 10 Range bars.....the semafores are created when the price goes outside of the channel you are looking at
Attachments
p3.gif
p3.gif (34.46 KiB) Viewed 3494 times

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:21 pm

left the trade with a stop and talked to my gf all night on the phone...once i came back to check the fish nets...there was a big fish in there

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:50 pm

LOL!! You should talk to your GF more :)

Great trade.

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:56 pm

Patch,

cr0cop gave you most of the answers. Regarding HA bars, make sure "Calculate on Bar Close" is FALSE or else nothing show up till the bar is completed/closed.

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:39 pm

yeah i should, hey Lis I am also doing some trades on the TOS broker using a 2:1 ratio with the HA bars....these bars are awesome.... all I do is look for POINTS OF EXHAUSTION then NEW energy..... I'm testing this out and i think this is key

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:54 am

cr0crop & monolisa

Thanks for all yours helps. 1. I checked in help and searched for range, range bar, and no such thing exists in help. I checked the properies of the HAs and don't see anything there either. So I looked at the chart and opened the bar time setting and there was range. I put ten in the block to the right. Right? cr0 or mono, what does range represent in a 10 range candle.?

2. I changed the HA property to Calulate on Close to false so this should solve the missing in action bar problem. will see on Sunday during market open.

3. Do you all trade off the Ninja build in functions on the right side of the bar chart, or some where else?

The chart below is my 2.5 trades for the day, and the half was one I wanted to open long, but didn't want to leave my computer and trade unattended and missed the big fish. Isn't if funny, you don't like to miss big fish even in demo!!! Even though I can't eat demo fish nor spend or invest demo dollars !!! Patch
Attachments
2009.07.31 Ninja - demo.gif
2009.07.31 Ninja - demo.gif (46.7 KiB) Viewed 3464 times

Patch

Postby Patch » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:40 am

PS Does anyone know how to run simulated trading on historical pip or minute date on the Ninja Platform? Also where to get more than a minutes worth of forex pair data that Gain/Forex.com have available? Thx, Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:25 pm

hey patch, yeah that's how you can get the range, you got it...basically i think those bars just chart and close whenever there is a range of 10 on what you are viewing so it helps you see 'better' in my opinion. i dont know where to get the extra data, but if you already funded your live account with GAIN they should give you everything they offer data wise....

Return to “forex”