NINJA PLATFORM

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:29 am

im playing around with this system and it seems that most of the trades that go against me are the ones when i am playing against the angle of the channel... for example if the angle is going down and i am in a bullish trade that is when most of the time tends to go against me... another thing that i noticed helping me was trying to stay with the 5 minute candle also... i am looking at 5 minute candle chart, and i do bullish or bearish trades depending on the candle shown...any feedback or do you guys think the 5 minute candle may not be necessary?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:41 am

Hi cr0cop

I've got a burning couple of questions: 1) is that you in your icon picture? 2) Where in the great state of Texas do you reside?

For starting up, and maybe for everyone, it may be aaalllllways best to trade only with the trend. Also, I suggest you read my favorite threat from start to finish.

Patch
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:08 am

Hey Patch,

Naw its not me in the picture, that's crocop one of the best fighters of the world....(MMA, maybe you heard of the UFC?) anyway i am in Houston... what is your favorite threat patch? Do you come to Texas to visit?

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 am

Hey Chappy!

Im starting to see the beauty in those charts! I had a quick question...could you please explain what you mean when you say that your stop is 3 + (pips?) above/below the last swing? or could you post a chart and could you show where you would put a stop? and by playing this pattern, are you able to consistantly take 40 pips a day?

what is the maximum spread you will use?

do you have a specific risk/reward ratio that you use with this?

THANKS YOU TAUGHT ME GREAT THINGS ABOUT PRICE ACTION JUST BY LOOKING AT YOUR CHARTS!

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 am

Sema at the open working well .

Crocop : sorry I confused you , thought you were using a timeframe chart . However your chart says 10 range but is actually plotting 1or 2 range . ( each bar should be at least 10 pips long ) . Not sure whats going on there . Thats why your range is so tight . ( PM me if you don't figure it out )

Make sure all your indic's are set to "calculate on bar close =False " then they will plot together .

To remove the lines on cci set chop indicator width to 0 .

I only trade EURO$ so my spread is fixed at 2 pips .

R/R can be confusing , TRO has some excellent calculators that will keep you out of trouble .

I presently average 30 pip/day ( knock on wood )

Glad that this is helpful to you ..fight on !!

Hi Monolisa , Yes 60 & 2 . But try other settings on your other currencys , they may work better . Yes I have looked at the others ,but my brain can only handle 1 chart :) , EU seems to fit my speed ...Thanks for your interest

Drain -em .......Chappy
Attachments
$EURUSD  7_27_2009 (10 Range).jpg
$EURUSD 7_27_2009 (10 Range).jpg (99.85 KiB) Viewed 3513 times

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks, dchappy. Setting up my gain account so I could use NT :)

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

cizagui

Postby cizagui » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Crocop/Dchappy: It seems that Crocop chart is set up for 5 decimals rather than 4 decimals. In that case the range should be 100. My own charts are setup for 5 digits as well.
Check: Tools -->Options -->Misc: "Quote currencies (FX)in:"select "TenthPip" for 5 digits, or "Pip" for 4 digits
Carlos

cr0cop

Postby cr0cop » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:27 pm

thanks chappy, everything worked except i am not yet able to set the right range of each bar, but i think cizagui is right , because since i am using a demo account they made me change that setting, BUT today i signed up with gain capital and i wont have to change settings around like i had with the other broker...would gain capital give you compensation if i tell them you reffered me to them chappy? thanks

as soon as i can log in with the right data feed and right settings i will let you know if its matching thanks again

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 am

A Sema at the open ..I entered very late & thought I would get stopped out .. stop held & may get some pipage out of this yet .

Thank you cizagui , very helpful.

No , crocop ,gain doesn't know who I am , very small potaters , but thank you just the same .

Lis , you'll like ninja . Thier front end is 2nd to none .

........Chap
Attachments
$EURUSD  7_28_2009 (10 Range).jpg
$EURUSD 7_28_2009 (10 Range).jpg (87.08 KiB) Viewed 3441 times

monolisa

Postby monolisa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks, dchappy. I understand NT also support MB trading. Wonder if TRO (or others) has any experience of using this combo.

Lis
"Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know neither your enemy or yourself, wallow in defeat every time." - Sun Tzu

Return to “forex”