GBPUSD River Theory

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

thugzzzx

Postby thugzzzx » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:54 am

downrivertrader,

Why are you so intent on NOT giving out the math for these? Just trying to understand.

thugzzzx

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

downrivertrader

Postby downrivertrader » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Number one the system that a trader uses has very little to do with his/her success. It is a fools game searching for the latest greatest. Everyone's methodology should be their own creation. Put me in a room with Paul Tudor Jones for one year and I will likely not be able to be PTJ. The system is about 5% of the message that I am trying to deliver with my post.

Number 2 - I worked hard for almost two years developing my own system. I have no intention of posting it on the internet.

I thought I was posting in the correct forum here...Live Trades and Trade Recommendations. I did not post in the other forums because I have nothing to offer there. If I am out of line here. Just let me know.

DRT

jhtumblin

Postby jhtumblin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:15 pm

Downrivertrader,

I think here at Kreslik.com we are more subject to the method of accepting other people's ideas and modifying them further to incorporate into our own systems when we understand what drives the idea in the first place. This helps you out also because 2 or more minds are always better than one. Perhaps I see something that can increase your efficiency ten-fold but without the math, this is not possible.

Without the math it's more like you're coming here and providing trading advice. While, by all means, we do appreciate your posts and you sharing your thoughts, but it is only as beneficial as an analyst who says "the market is going up tomorrow." Which we all know, is not beneficial all at without supporting evidence.

I believe that is why, until you provide your math, you will not receive any valuable response to your posts.

downrivertrader

Postby downrivertrader » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:30 pm

This certainly makes sense. My goal here was not to discuss my system. It was to discuss developing as a trader. In looking around here. It seems to be more of a MATH place and I do not qualify as a "C" student. I believe that the system is only about 5% of the success formula in this profession.

I was invited here by someone a while back. You seem like a very nice lot here. I appear to be causing a little more harm than good which was not my intention.

Again sorry. I will bow out gracefully. Good luck to you all.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:50 pm

downrivertrader wrote:The static levels are not monthly pivots, although they may be very similar depending on your calculation method. I use the monthly chart for these calcs.

Avery,

Why are you so intent on figuring out the math for these? Don't you have your own system that is successful? Just trying to understand. YOu can email me if you would rather. I have a blogsite and an email button there.

http://www.downrivertrader.squarespace.com

DRT

downrivertrader:

1) I like to learn - either I get smarter or I fall behind.

2) I have several sucessful systems and have posted them.

3) We pirates SHARE THE BOOTY!

4) I would rather teach people to fish than have to feed them everyday.

The real question is what's the real reason you are not sharing your system?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

BC

Postby BC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Yes Downriver indicators suck, they do not tell much
Attachments
gbp.png
gbp.png (56.61 KiB) Viewed 2665 times

Return to “forex”