Ezakimak's Trading Blog

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Signals up on EURUSD. The channel is slightly pointing down, but is mostly level, bounce is off a 3 semafore at recently strong support level so happy to take the trade.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 am

Dang it! Price went one pip past my stop loss and is now heading up, Three losers in a row now since moving to range bars.... I think I hear my renko calling again, but will persevere for a few more trades.

jtrade

Postby jtrade » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:11 am

Ezakimak wrote: I think I will do that next time I leave a trade over night - rather than putting on a trailing stop, set a target.

Why not split the positon & do both (very easy to do in Ninja, but there are defintiely EAs to do so in MT4 as well) ?

I like the simplicity of dchappy's approach, but note that he has changed it on his own thread : you could add the MACD for a divergece filter to try to filter out some losers...

Good thread.

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 am

jtrade wrote:
Ezakimak wrote: I think I will do that next time I leave a trade over night - rather than putting on a trailing stop, set a target.

Why not split the positon & do both (very easy to do in Ninja, but there are defintiely EAs to do so in MT4 as well) ?

I like the simplicity of dchappy's approach, but note that he has changed it on his own thread : you could add the MACD for a divergece filter to try to filter out some losers...

Good thread.

Hello Jtrade,

Thanks for checking out the thread and for offering some suggestions! The simplicity of the approach is what attracted me to the strategy and has given me some ideas for combining this with some other strategies that I have used in my arsenal.

As you have guessed I use MT4 and am not sure about the EA that does the split. Just using the basic tools in the system, you can set a trailing stop and a target at the same time. I guess ultimately I'm a bit of a chicken, so I am more likely to close the trade all together, unless it is a sweet sexy trend that we have got in to.

I just finished reading dchappys thread the other day and am looking putting on the MACD just to see what it looks like and to have a bit of a fiddle with it. Now that I have the range bars set up, I'm in a good position to add the MACD and try and match what dchappy was doing. I note that he has moved on to a 1-2-3 method now, but what he posted up in his Ninja Platform thread makes a lot of sense and is well worth investigating and tweaking to suit your personal trading style.

Thanks again Jtrade, keep in touch mate! 8)

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Good morning!

The mother in law goes home today so I will be back at work tomorrow.

The signals are up on EURUSD and we are with the trend. Watch this space...

*Edit: Mother in law goes today.

Humble

Postby Humble » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 am

Ezakimak wrote: The mother in law goes home today so I will be back at work tomorrow.

Haven't you got that the wrong way round!
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:24 am

Humble wrote:
Ezakimak wrote: The mother in law goes home today so I will be back at work tomorrow.

Haven't you got that the wrong way round!

Ha ha, yeah one week was enough! Mission accomplished.

Since making that last post, our internet woes at home have continued and I have not been able to log in to MT4 (I am making this post from work). I couldn't even set a target, trailing stop or anything. It will be interesting to see where it ends up by the time our internet is fixed! Just looking at some online charts, I'm guessing that by now it has been stopped out.

Shall I send an invoice to Virgin Broadband for any pips lost?

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:02 am

Well, our internet seems to be stable since getting home from work this afternoon. I have made this entry on USDJPY. Signals look good, let's see how we go.

As for that trade from yesterday, it was on demo dammit as it looks like it would still be open and well in profit. Unfortunately once we got our internet going, MT4 would open and I have had to re-install it. My live account hasn't been affected, but on completing the install I had to open a new demo account for my testing and fiddling and so the trade was not there anymore. Never mind, it looks like our internet is stable, that's the main thing. And seeing that that trade would have been a massive winner (if I've read the chart right and my feed is not telling me lies!)

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:38 am

Here is an interesting comparison...

This is the EURUSD chart with 10 pip range bars:

And here is the same chart with 10 pip renko blocks:

Look a bit different don't they? Always good to compare things and see what suits you, your trading style, and the times of day that you can trade.

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 am

My USDJPY trade is still going. Off to bed soon so have set a target. Will check again in the morning...

Return to “forex”