Ezakimak's Trading Blog

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

lazygeorge

Postby lazygeorge » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 am

Ezakimak wrote:Heading out now, target set!

Will check in when I get back....

Hi Ezakimak

I just wanted to know which broker platform you are using,mine's is alpari uk
and im still waiting for the entry you just made on gbp...

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Humble

Postby Humble » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:59 am

Hi Ezakimak

I think dchappy was using the range bars rather then renko bars at the time he synchronised the Woodie CCI to the HA candles. In any event what you are doing looks to work just as good.

IMHO the difficulty seemed to be synchronising the Regression Channel. In the end dc started using divergence of the MACD.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:47 am

Just got back from a big day in the city. Here is my chart at the moment. Price has barely moved from this morning! London opens soon so we might get some movement again.

Lazygeorge, I use MetaTrader4 through GoMarkets Australia. Your chart looks good mate.

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:00 am

Humble wrote:Hi Ezakimak

I think dchappy was using the range bars rather then renko bars at the time he synchronised the Woodie CCI to the HA candles. In any event what you are doing looks to work just as good.

IMHO the difficulty seemed to be synchronising the Regression Channel. In the end dc started using divergence of the MACD.

Hi mate,

I use MT4 and while there is a range bar thingo out there for it, I haven't had a proper go with it. I like my renko and the picture they paint for me. You can trade this method with normal candles too so I guess it is a matter of taste and what the trader feels comfortable with.

The regression channel moves with the price movement. I think each of the indicators being used could not be used on their own, but when used in unison they can create a 'confluence of events' that can get you into trade.

In the end it's all about finding your 'sweet spot' and 'happy place'.

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 am

D'oh, stop got hit. Never mind!

I'm done for the week, have a great weekend everyone!

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 am

Hello everyone,

It's a new week already! I still have a couple of days off work since my wife's mum is here, so enjoying the time between taking her sightseeing to look at my charts and learn, learn, learn. The weather has suddenly got warm in Melbourne, and it looks like it will be a nice week.

As you know, I normally use renko to trade, but I finally finished reading dchappy's thread (from which this strategy comes) and came across a post there that had a link to download the constant range bars. I have loaded them up on to my charts and will have a go with them this week. Already I can see that the waves are a little bit clearer. Anything that can give a clear picture of what the market might be up to is quite handy.

Have a good week everyone!

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:25 am

Trade opened on USDCHF. Just realised though as I took the screenshot that I have jumped the gun a bit as the Woodie has not confirmed.

Anyway the downtrend is strong and we are trading with it so let's see how we go!

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 am

Signals up on EURJPY.

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Stopped out on EURJPY.

USDCHF still open. Have set a trailing stop and will check in on it in the morning...

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Just woke up and checked the USDCHF trade from last night. My stop got hit and it finished in the negative. Oh well, never mind!

The good thing is that if I had set a target at the bottom of the channel rather than a trailing stop, this probably would have finished in profit. I think I will do that next time I leave a trade over night - rather than putting on a trailing stop, set a target.

So, since changing to the range bars, I have two losses and no winners. The testing continues.....

Return to “forex”