Ezakimak's Trading Blog

forex live trades, setups, charts

Moderator: moderators

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:15 am

Off we go on EURUSD....

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:57 am

Awesome - EURUSD has worked perfectly! I now have a target set and profit locked. Whatever happens now, we have a winner!

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:07 am

My USDJPY trade has finally come back and is now showing a couple of pips of profit so am closing it up and take them while I can. All day for a couple of pips! Is this pair stagnant today or what!?

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:37 am

My internet has been playing up something shocking tonight. Here is a screenshot I took just before it dropped out for the millionth time tonight! In the pic it is just about at the target. By the time I got my internet going again, the target had been hit. Around 50 pips in the bank.

Not a bad nights work. Gonna finish up now, don't want to overtrade and also don't want to risk it with my dodgy internet.

DRAIN THE BANKS!

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:42 am

If you are interested, there have been some perfect signals for this tonight on AUDUSD and EURJPY. Currently, the EURUSD trade I just finished and also the GBPUSD have hit or are near previous resistance points and have popped out of their channels, so they might be worth watching to see if they turn and head off southwards.

I'm off to bed though!

I wish you all a million pips tonight 8)

lazygeorge

Postby lazygeorge » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Ezakimak wrote:If you are interested, there have been some perfect signals for this tonight on AUDUSD and EURJPY. Currently, the EURUSD trade I just finished and also the GBPUSD have hit or are near previous resistance points and have popped out of their channels, so they might be worth watching to see if they turn and head off southwards.

I'm off to bed though!

Hi Ezakimak

Nice thread :)

I am trading with renko using a similar concept to dchappy's latest thread 1-2-3,but this is interesting.

If possible could you share your settings for the regression channel(standard deviation and lookback period) and also where can i find that cci indi and what settings you use for cci??

TIA

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Good morning, nice day here in Melbourne, even though we are now officially in to Autumn!

Just had a look at the EURUSD this morning and from where my trade finished last night, price climbed another 40 pips or so. Far out! That could have been a trade of up to 90 pips if someone caught the whole ride. Nice one.

This morning the EURUSD has formed a new high, is out of the channel and now a couple of red heiken ashi candles have formed along with the Woodie changing colour.

I have entered, but since I am trading against the trend, I have a smaller lot size to protect my soldiers. It is a few pips in the negative already, but we will see how we go....

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 pm

lazygeorge wrote:
Ezakimak wrote:If you are interested, there have been some perfect signals for this tonight on AUDUSD and EURJPY. Currently, the EURUSD trade I just finished and also the GBPUSD have hit or are near previous resistance points and have popped out of their channels, so they might be worth watching to see if they turn and head off southwards.

I'm off to bed though!

Hi Ezakimak

Nice thread :)

I am trading with renko using a similar concept to dchappy's latest thread 1-2-3,but this is interesting.

If possible could you share your settings for the regression channel(standard deviation and lookback period) and also where can i find that cci indi and what settings you use for cci??

TIA

Hello lazygeorge,

The 1-2-3 method works great on renko because it gives nice clear signals. This strategy also gives clear signals and my brain likes the way it looks.

I have to go out for a few hours, so will post up the indicators, settings and template when I get back.

Have a good day everyone, see you a bit later on!

Humble

Postby Humble » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am

I liked dchappy's ideas as his charts draw your focus on the zig zags.

Your charts do the same thing, but I will ask the same question I asked Phill on the other thread.

You are using 3 indis to trade, semafor, regression channel and cci. Trades are taken when you have 2 out of 3 indi in alignment. Why not wait till you have all 3?

On this page (pg 2) your first chart (E/U) all 3 said up and away it went. On the second chart (U/J) you traded against the 3 sema, which didn't work and on your third chart you are now trading against the channel.

That's a lot of faith in the cci, which I thought was meant to be the confirmation indi. I have not traded this, but assume your are inviting questions about your method. I gave up on renko years ago when I kept getting stopped out by a price that never appeared on the chart!
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

Ezakimak

Postby Ezakimak » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:06 am

Humble wrote:I liked dchappy's ideas as his charts draw your focus on the zig zags.

Your charts do the same thing, but I will ask the same question I asked Phill on the other thread.

You are using 3 indis to trade, semafor, regression channel and cci. Trades are taken when you have 2 out of 3 indi in alignment. Why not wait till you have all 3?

On this page (pg 2) your first chart (E/U) all 3 said up and away it went. On the second chart (U/J) you traded against the 3 sema, which didn't work and on your third chart you are now trading against the channel.

That's a lot of faith in the cci, which I thought was meant to be the confirmation indi. I have not traded this, but assume your are inviting questions about your method. I gave up on renko years ago when I kept getting stopped out by a price that never appeared on the chart!

Hello Humble, thanks for taking the time to have a look through the thread. Open discussion is a great way to learn from each other and I appreciate your questions.

As far as I have ascertained so far, an A Plus trade is when you have a 3 semafore outside of a channel and then a heiken ashi in the same colour as the direction of the channel comes up. When the Woodie presents the same colour on the close, then the trade can be activated. This is the highest probability trade and ideally what you should be on the lookout for.

Trading the 1 or the 2 semafore can also be done successfully. The EURJPY trade from yesterday was started off at the top of a channel for a long and lovely downtrend. Even though it was a smaller number semafore, the strength of the trend gave me comfort in taking the trade. Looking at that chart now, if I had stayed in the trade, I would have made potentially 25 pips. I just decided to get out with a couple of pips of profit since price seemed to be stagnating and I didn't want to leave it overnight.

As for the current trade (which is still open) I trade a smaller lot size when going against the trend. I prefer going with the trend of course, but I am still figuring a few things out with this method and am looking for my 'happy place'. I have a bit more extra time on my hands than usual at the moment as I have some time off work while my mother in law is here from Japan, so I am taking the opportunity to try a few things. I feel much more comfortable trading with the trend though, so will probably do this from now on as it just makes more sense and has a higher chance of success.

When I first started trading this strategy, I didn't use the Woodie CCI as it was not available and still traded successfully. As I read more of dchappy's thread though, someone posted it in there at which point I downloaded it and put it on the chart. It really is just a confirmation. Your best chance of a high probability trade is when you trade off a 3 semafore and follow the direction of the channel. You don't need the Woodie to figure that out.

I enjoy using renko as it gives a clear picture of price. It has its inherent problems of course, as there is no fixed anchor point in history for it to start building the chart from so sometimes when you open MT4 the chart can look a bit different as it is built from a different 0 point from when you had the chart open last. I have few issues with it though and happily trade with it. I guess it is like those people who say the semafore is useless because it repaints. You just have to know why it repaints / changes and then you can work with it.

Again, thanks for having a look through the thread, I hope we can continue to learn from each other.

きをつけて!

Return to “forex”