important links - C#.NET

C# discussion

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:53 am

James,

there is a lot of stuff I would like to include in the "next generation" optimizer. I'd like to include the simulated annealing method combined with GA for example. I'm just at the beginning of envisioning the whole project. I need to get to grips with Neo first.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:06 am

Michal,

Thanks for the links. Also thank you for pointing out the "Seed" issue with the Grail. I had known that the Grail didn't use seeding but I hadn't realized why that could be such a problem (simple really).

JPT thanks for pointing out the inconsistancies between the Grail and the Optimax (since I don't own Optimax). That definately puts some doubt on results obtained. And yes the walk-forward testing has serious, serious deficiencies in the Grail.

Michal, I agree that simulated annealing is quite facinating and could also be a great tool.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

JPT

Postby JPT » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:19 am

OK, what the heck is simulated annealing. is this something I missed in my chem - met lab classes about 100 years ago. It sounds like something I should have taken for my chem E degree.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:25 am

JPT wrote:OK, what the heck is simulated annealing. is this something I missed in my chem - met lab classes about 100 years ago. It sounds like something I should have taken for my chem E degree.

:))))))

SA is another method that exploits the process found in nature to find a solution for a problem faster than with a primitive exhaustive way (by trying all the possibilities).

In a nutshell, SA simulates the process of freezing in a liquid or metal. It "locks in" the solution segments level by level as the annealing progresses.

JPT

Postby JPT » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:39 pm

Michal, thanks for the explanation. There is another way to anneal. Just pound the "s__t" out of it until the grains allign. that was the most fun in the labs. Of course you had to cool it along the way.

sometimes this is what I want to do with the TS trading platform.

:smt024

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:50 pm

James :lol:

OK, let's put it on the list of wanted features for the new optimizer:
  • "pound the s--t out of it" functionality
  • if the above fails, use alternative algorithm: "pound the hell out of it"

:)

Michal

JPT

Postby JPT » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:21 pm

Michal:

Although I am not in any way up to your speed in software (yet), I will be happy to run test beds for you. I have 4 computers in my office and since I am going to be 62 this year, plenty of time, I hope.

the real reason I am doing this is to exercise my brain. I have been doing a lot of reading lately on age related illnesses. Guess what. What is coming out of the research is the people who exercise their brain in creative ways minimize the chances for dementia or worse.

My Mom is 92 and still has her faculties, but I can see how the age is slowing down the brain. I am not going to be part of that.

So, remember to be kind to your elders and I will do what is necessary to assist you in any way I can.

OK, this weekend, I start to learn C#

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:37 pm

You guys crack me up. I too am very interested in an optimizer that can "pound the s--t out of it" :)

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

michal.kreslik

good news - Borland Turbo C# announced

Postby michal.kreslik » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Good news, guys!

I've just learned there's gonna be a competition to the Microsoft's Visual C# Express 2005. In about a three weeks' time from now, Borland is unveiling its own brand new set of builders under an old good name - "Turbos". Back in the past millennium :) I happened to work with Borland Turbo Pascal which was one of the best builders of its time.

The new Borland builders that will be available:
  • Turbo C#
  • Turbo C++
  • Turbo Delphi
  • Turbo Delphi for .NET
link: http://www.turboexplorer.com/homepage.htm

As is the case with the Microsoft IDEs, there will be several versions available, one of them being completely free of charge:
  • Borland Turbo C# Explorer (completely free!)
  • Borland Turbo C# Professional
link: http://www.turboexplorer.com/csharphome.htm

If the new Borland builders introduced will only be half that good the old good Turbo Pascal was, then I'm sure the Borland stock will go up gradually.

I've added the links to Borland Turbo C# to the originating article of this "important links - C#.NET" thread.

Michal

pr

Postby pr » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Attached is a PowerPoint presentation I found on the net that covers some key aspects of C#. I think it is a useful overview to help compare design aspect of C# with other languages that are available (assuming your own knowledge of the other language).
Attachments
Introduction to Csharp.ppt
(230 KiB) Downloaded 412 times

Return to “C# coding for NeoTicker”