open discussion with EFX Group president, Mr. Jon Floyd

discussion on brokers, order execution, order automation and everything broker-related

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:28 pm

TheLonelyTrader wrote:And can NeoTicker and MBT/EFX get me there? I have a lot of hopes for algorithm trading, but I dunno....

There's one thing that will surely get you there: YOU. But the catch is that you have to want to get there. We can do anything if we stick to it long enough.

Michal

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:42 pm

Amen, Amen AMEN -- Michal
Learn to Trade profitably
or die trying
Never, Never, Never give up.

Jeff in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

Patch

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Hey TLT

If you are serious about trading, NeoTic is for you or will be for you. What platform are you using now? Go to http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/T ... One/files/ ; you may have to join, and go to the bottom of the page and download the "two percent" xl sheet. You can be free in a year if you can make 3% a year starting with a $1000 account, pretax, so get 4% to be sure Uncle Sam is happy and so are you.

You will get more, and better profitable help on among this group of traders at no dollar cost, than you may have already paid thousands for, and it being worse than worthless because it led and continues to losses.

Also, if you don't have one, go out tonight and get a boom mic and speakers if you don't have them, and go to www.paltalk.com sign up for the free deal, and look up " two percent club ", not sure about where spaces belong, and plug in by I think 6:15am PST. Daylight savings has messed me up.

Next time there is a Pirates Gathering at the Pirates Cove, do whatever you need to do and be there. There may be Tucson or maybe Atlanta, GA. When will be whenever the pirates decide as we pirates are an independent group of black beards and pink beards. I just got back Wednesday night to Dulles, and this morning between 5am - 11 am est, had the best paper trading day ever and by far. I wonder if the two events were related. I think the Chinese were dumping USD this morning, or somebody was. An unusual day. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Next time you are in DC look me up and I will buy you a Koke, Koffee or Keer, your choice (more pirate talk).

Jeff in VA
ENOUGH being a Yalie for me Back to the Sea. "What i can lose, i can win" "YES YOU CAN" - dragon33 -"Pick one method and one pair and stick with them until you master it. "The choice is yours - success or failure." TRO

TheLonelyTrader

Postby TheLonelyTrader » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:11 am

michal.kreslik wrote:There's one thing that will surely get you there: YOU.

That much I'm aware of...but it's the multibroker problem that's hanging me up now that I'm ready to expand from discretionary to algorithm trading...and the more I think about it, EFX Group looks like a pretty good FX spot broker. So using a single platform that integrates multiple brokers is crucial for me -- and while I'm convinced NeoTicker has the capability, I don't see any documentation that anything is already coded for this kind of setup. To pay a developer to write this kind of thing when it is already available off the shelf from other vendors doesn't make much sense.

I'll find out if NinjaTrader's multibroker technology can integrate with NeoTicker. Last I heard, TickQuest and NinjaTrader collaborated on a number of things. Just hope this is one of them.

If I was the kind of person that gave up, I'm sure this business would have ground me down to a raw nub in the first two years. I'm in this for the long haul and I intend to proceed in a thorough and professional manner. I have no illusions -- just because I've been profitable with discretionary methods for two years does not mean that all of the sudden I'm a shining success. The daily grind is very taxing, physically and emotionally -- which is the reason for my desire to expand into automated systems. This makes the selection of the right platform and brokers even more important to my survival.

I think I'm leading this thread off topic, so perhaps my posts should be moved or deleted? This forum is too good for me to get everyone all distracted. (Apologies Michal.)

Cheers all, and if anyone has any ideas or experience with NinjaTrader or integrating multiple broker feeds and order interfaces with NeoTicker, PM me.

TLT Out!

TheLonelyTrader

Postby TheLonelyTrader » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:01 am

Just got the go ahead from TickQuest for the package discount for NT and GO. It's an offer I can't refuse, so my babbling on this thread about NinjaTrader is moot.

I'll keep everyone abreast of my progress on integrating EFX with my futures and equities broker through NeoTicker. Michal, any ideas on where I should post this info?

Patch

Postby Patch » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:06 am

TLT
Please keep us all posted as to you progress and thoughts about NeoTic.
Patch the Pirate
Jeff in VA

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:57 am

TheLonelyTrader wrote:Just got the go ahead from TickQuest for the package discount for NT and GO. It's an offer I can't refuse, so my babbling on this thread about NinjaTrader is moot.

I'll keep everyone abreast of my progress on integrating EFX with my futures and equities broker through NeoTicker. Michal, any ideas on where I should post this info?

Lucky you! Welcome aboard :)

Go ahead and post the info in the NeoTicker platform subforum here at kreslik.com:

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24

Michal

hanzahar

Postby hanzahar » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:19 pm

not sure if Mr. Jon Floyd is still around...wonder is they are lowering their commissions anytime soon...

pablo101

FINALLY!

Postby pablo101 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:30 am

I go this from MBT by email today

We are pleased to announce that effective Nov 29 th, 2009, our standard Forex commission rate for all* MB Trading Futures clients will be reduced to $2.95 per 100k USD Traded. For those trading at $5.00, this will be equal to a 41% savings on the cost of each trade executed on our system. This reduction in cost will apply to all MetaTrader4 and MBT Navigator accounts and be automatically set in your trading account at start-up on Sunday, November 29 th.

Now they are looking more competitive. Buckets shops are dead imho
WAS A YALE STUDENT. Now? Let's see!

Return to “brokers”