DUKASCOPY or MB TRADING ???

discussion on brokers, order execution, order automation and everything broker-related

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanks Andre, I managed to solve my connection issues and am now ready to make a comparison btw the two... :D
:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 am

on jforex platform---- is there a way to make the x and y axis bigger(larger font size) so i can actually see the prices :D

i have the same damn issue with mt4---- i want the damn numbers bigger

maybe its just me how do you guys see that--- i would think at 33 years old i would still be able to see

i guess not

lol
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:48 am

andre---to add a question to the above--- do you know if they have any plans to partner with ninja trader?

i have some more q's, but i need to think about how to word them---- probably do it this weekend

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:28 am

user definable font size for x, y axis would be a blessing.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

PTG

Postby PTG » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:20 am

It would also be nice if the candles keep their colour (= bars keep their color :shock: ) when you decrease the bar spacing. It disappears beyond a certain point.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:09 pm

es/pip wrote:on jforex platform---- is there a way to make the x and y axis bigger(larger font size) so i can actually see the prices :D

This is an issue for a lot of people... One way to make it better is to detach the chart from the main window by clicking on the little box with an arrow on the top right corner. When you click on it, you will be able to move the chart around and resize it. It is not perfect but better ! Note that you can do this with multiple charts and spread them on multiple monitors if you have 2 or more of them. Then, if you click on the red X of the chart, it will go back in the main window. If you leave the chart it detached on the screen and you close the main window, when you reopen the platform, the detached chart(s) will be placed the same way as when you closed the platform.

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 pm

es/pip wrote:andre--- do you know if they have any plans to partner with ninja trader?

es/pip,

I do not think they are considering Ninja. It never came up in any previous discussions... I will ask...

Andre

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Andre,

As far as your company and Dukascopy are concerned, how do they look at a customer once they are a customer? Meaning, if a person opens an account through you and then opens another account later, will Dukascopy still accept that customer as a referral from you even though they already had a previous account?

Example---- If I open an account using you as the IB and I therefore get the commission rebate. If I open another account 3 months later( still having the first account open) will they still let me use you even though they know I already am using them?

Ex2?if I open an account in my name and then at a later time open a new account that is a LLC incorporated in Switzerland. Will I still be able to use you and get the rebates for the new account? Knowing that I am a member of that LLC and already had a previous account.

Bank Guarantee

If one was to open an account with 250k and get the bank guarantee, and then take that account to 500k. How much of that account is guaranteed? Just 250k or the entire 500k.

I am thinking it would just be 250k.

If it was just 250k and a person wanted to insure the entire 500k under a guarantee, would they have to close the first account and reopen a new account for 500k. Then the same above would apply. Would they still let the person use you as an IB in that situation, since they know he was already a customer?

Is it possible to route their data through a 3rd party software like Esignal, sierra or whatever------ to get different charts.

Thanks

billie-on-air

Postby billie-on-air » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:04 am

PTG wrote:
billie-on-air wrote:
PTG wrote:
billie-on-air wrote:"The original topic was Dukascopy or MB Trading".
thanx PTG;-)

In the end you ran with MBT, what tipped the scales in your choice of broker because obviously there is something that attracted you to join them, pros and cons?

kind regards

Good question.

I am with both, first MBT and then Dukascopy.

I wouldn't want to deal with a non-ECN broker; you don't want to trade against your broker, especially not with intraday trading. With swing- and position trading it becomes less of an issue because the cost of trading per pip gained ratio is much lower. Another reason for me at the time to go with MBT was because TRO was/is an IB to MBT.

Alternatively, you can trade futures on forex for daytrading. Check out TP Futures, they have low margins. They support Ninja.

Whatever you do, you need to do your own due diligence. Don't believe what others say (and that includes me), check it yourself and study all the smallprint. One simply has to do this; this is a business and not gambling (for me it isn't).

There are several sites with broker ratings, like www.forexpeacearmy.com where you can get an idea of what is going on.

If I were to make a decision at this moment, based on my current experience, I would go for Dukascopy. I reserve the right to be wrong, however. As with trading, time will tell if you made the right choice.

Hope this helps.

Im really grateful for the sound advice PTG , it makes things a whole lot easier for me, and probably anyone in the same situation as mine.
And thanks to everyone too for giving their inputs.

Thanks, you're welcome, billie-on-air.

You will make the right decision for yourself, whatever the decision is.

I have found M6Andre to be very supportive and very fast in his responses so far, so in case you have any questions/issues, I'm sure he will help you the best he can.

I agree with you PTG & Tman , Andre is nothing but 1st st st class !
Last edited by billie-on-air on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:35 am

es/pip wrote:Andre,

As far as your company and Dukascopy are concerned, how do they look at a customer once they are a customer? Meaning, if a person opens an account through you and then opens another account later, will Dukascopy still accept that customer as a referral from you even though they already had a previous account?

Example---- If I open an account using you as the IB and I therefore get the commission rebate. If I open another account 3 months later( still having the first account open) will they still let me use you even though they know I already am using them?

Ex2?if I open an account in my name and then at a later time open a new account that is a LLC incorporated in Switzerland. Will I still be able to use you and get the rebates for the new account? Knowing that I am a member of that LLC and already had a previous account.

Bank Guarantee

If one was to open an account with 250k and get the bank guarantee, and then take that account to 500k. How much of that account is guaranteed? Just 250k or the entire 500k.

I am thinking it would just be 250k.

If it was just 250k and a person wanted to insure the entire 500k under a guarantee, would they have to close the first account and reopen a new account for 500k. Then the same above would apply. Would they still let the person use you as an IB in that situation, since they know he was already a customer?

Is it possible to route their data through a 3rd party software like Esignal, sierra or whatever------ to get different charts.

Thanks

es/pip,

When a customer is introduced by any Introducing Agent, they are connected with this Agent. So, if the customer open a new account for a LLC, he will still be connected with the same Introducing Agent with the same Rebate program. Dukascopy is strict about this. You see, some traders find out about Molecule6 rebate offer and want to change from an IA the Molecule6 and it is not possible. The only way to do this is to go around and open a new account under someone else (Wife or close friend) using a new e-mail. This way they do not know but it is not an ideal situation for many traders.

For your information, at any time, you can ask for dividing your existing account in two or more. Let say that you have 50K, you can ask to split it in two, 20K in one and 30K in the second. Then the two accounts are in the rebate program and the two accounts total volume and total deposit is considered for the commission fee structure. Meaning you do not lose what you add with the 50K initial single account.

About the bank guarantee, if you start with a 250K, you have the possibility to secure 80% at your local bank. Meaning that you will send out 50K and luck in your local bank 200K with a bank guarantee. The bank is basically telling Dukascopy that the funds are there in case you lose it at trading. Then, as the account is growing and if you are not pulling out the profits, at any time you can ask your bank to modify the letter. So, when the account is at 300K, you modify the letter to 240K and leave only 60K at Dukascopy. You now have 80% coverage again. It is very easy to modify an existing bank guarantee. You can do this as many times as you like.

Sorry, I do not understand your question about "route their data through a 3rd party software"...

Andre

Return to “brokers”