DUKASCOPY or MB TRADING ???

discussion on brokers, order execution, order automation and everything broker-related

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Postby PTG » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:42 pm

billie-on-air wrote:"The original topic was Dukascopy or MB Trading".
thanx PTG;-)

In the end you ran with MBT, what tipped the scales in your choice of broker because obviously there is something that attracted you to join them, pros and cons?

kind regards

Good question.

I am with both, first MBT and then Dukascopy.

I wouldn't want to deal with a non-ECN broker; you don't want to trade against your broker, especially not with intraday trading. With swing- and position trading it becomes less of an issue because the cost of trading per pip gained ratio is much lower. Another reason for me at the time to go with MBT was because TRO was/is an IB to MBT.

Alternatively, you can trade futures on forex for daytrading. Check out TP Futures, they have low margins. They support Ninja.

Whatever you do, you need to do your own due diligence. Don't believe what others say (and that includes me), check it yourself and study all the smallprint. One simply has to do this; this is a business and not gambling (for me it isn't).

There are several sites with broker ratings, like www.forexpeacearmy.com where you can get an idea of what is going on.

If I were to make a decision at this moment, based on my current experience, I would go for Dukascopy. I reserve the right to be wrong, however. As with trading, time will tell if you made the right choice.

Hope this helps.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

leonyde

Postby leonyde » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:18 pm

forexpeacearmy is a big fat scam, so I wouldnt bother much of the review there...

billie-on-air

Postby billie-on-air » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:56 pm

PTG wrote:
thanx PTG;-)

In the end you ran with MBT, what tipped the scales in your choice of broker because obviously there is something that attracted you to join them, pros and cons?

kind regards

Good question.

I wouldn't want to deal with a non-ECN broker; you don't want to trade against your broker, especially not with intraday trading. With swing- and position trading it becomes less of an issue because the cost of trading per pip gained ratio is much lower. Another reason for me at the time to go with MBT was because TRO was/is an IB to MBT.

Alternatively, you can trade futures on forex for daytrading. Check out TP Futures, they have low margins. They support Ninja.

Whatever you do, you need to do your own due diligence. Don't believe what others say (and that includes me), check it yourself and study all the smallprint. One simply has to do this; this is a business and not gambling (for me it isn't).

There are several sites with broker ratings, like www.forexpeacearmy.com where you can get an idea of what is going on.

If I were to make a decision at this moment, based on my current experience, I would go for Dukascopy. I reserve the right to be wrong, however. As with trading, time will tell if you made the right choice.

Hope this helps.

Im really grateful for the sound advice PTG , it makes things a whole lot easier for me, and probably anyone in the same situation as mine.
And thanks to everyone too for giving their inputs.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm having a huge problem trying to open a demo account with them... I was given a user name and Password but the dang thing don't work on SWMT4... So what now? :P

I like the idea of hedging my positions which MBT doesn't allow.
:smt065

billie-on-air

Postby billie-on-air » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Hola J

contact their support team, im sure it's a minor issue to them. ;-)

Q?: Is the Dukas MT4 better than the JForex in any way or it's only a preference of platform for you?

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Jalarupa wrote:I'm having a huge problem trying to open a demo account with them... I was given a user name and Password but the dang thing don't work on SWMT4... So what now? :P

Jalarupa and all members,

About the MT4 demo, the confusion probably comes from the demo login you used registering directly from the MT4 platform.

You first need to register using the button "MT4 DEMO (Beta)" true the "Open MT4 Beta Demo" link in my Website http://www.Molecule6.com (Do not forget to check the MT4 box). Then, the system will send you an e-mail with your Login and password. Look for the MT4 section in the e-mail. After, you download the platform (there is also a link in my Website) install the platform as you do normally but after, you go to file / Login and use the login received from the Dukascopy e-mail. You will then be in the Beta demo at Dukascopy.

If this is not working well, let me know, I will connect to your computer and assit you in the installation...

Andre

billie-on-air

Postby billie-on-air » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm

M6Andre wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:I'm having a huge problem trying to open a demo account with them... I was given a user name and Password but the dang thing don't work on SWMT4... So what now? :P

Jalarupa and all members,

About the MT4 demo, the confusion probably comes from the demo login you used registering directly from the MT4 platform.

You first need to register using the button "MT4 DEMO (Beta)" true the "Open MT4 Beta Demo" link in my Website http://www.Molecule6.com (Do not forget to check the MT4 box). Then, the system will send you an e-mail with your Login and password. Look for the MT4 section in the e-mail. After, you download the platform (there is also a link in my Website) install the platform as you do normally but after, you go to file / Login and use the login received from the Dukascopy e-mail. You will then be in the Beta demo at Dukascopy.

If this is not working well, let me know, I will connect to your computer and assit you in the installation...

Andre

Hello Andre,

first , thank you for your contributions and shedding light on some things. From your experience, which of the platforms is better to trade from?. Personally i eat,sleep,s**t MT4 and now have a phobia towards other platforms. :)

Will get in touch with you soon !

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm

billie-on-air wrote:Hola J
Q?: Is the Dukas MT4 better than the JForex in any way or it's only a preference of platform for you?

Members,

JForex is by far the fastest and most solid platform I ever traded on. I am a scalper so it is very important for me. It would be less important for swing and position traders. MT4 is the very best for charting as the visual and the flexibility to use templates and profiles is very user friendly and evolved.

If it suit your trading style, you can use MT4 for charting then take your positions on JForex. Note that JForex support automation and that most of the MT4 EAs can be translated in Java for JForex. Further more, a team was assemble at Dukascopy to make MT4 EAs compatible directly in JForex. It is in the works and we will have something to test soon.

Andre

PTG

Postby PTG » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

billie-on-air wrote:
PTG wrote:
thanx PTG;-)

kind regards

Good question.

Hope this helps.

Im really grateful for the sound advice PTG , it makes things a whole lot easier for me, and probably anyone in the same situation as mine.
And thanks to everyone too for giving their inputs.

Thanks, you're welcome, billie-on-air.

You will make the right decision for yourself, whatever the decision is.

I have found M6Andre to be very supportive and very fast in his responses so far, so in case you have any questions/issues, I'm sure he will help you the best he can.
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Andre is straight up. He will connect with you on skype and help you resolve any issues you have. Thanks Andre.
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

Return to “brokers”