DUKASCOPY or MB TRADING ???

discussion on brokers, order execution, order automation and everything broker-related

Moderator: moderators

Postby 88888 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

I am also using Dukascopy as my broker. Overall, I am happy with JForex. I use MT4 for charting and JForex for trading on two screens (Alpary UK for the datafeed for MT4). JForex is easy to use. I never liked the interface of MT4 for trading because it feels clumsy for me. I trade GBPJPY and the spread is good (2 to 4 pips) where it's 8 pips on alpary UK!!! What I don't like about Dukas is their dodgy marketing. I am tired to see Gerard Depardieu's face everytime I connect to my account. They will also spam your mailbox with FX reports twice a day. Commissions are low (and even lower with molecule6 - Andre Gauthier is a nice chap) though and orders are filled correctly. You can also use skype to contact your account manager. Overall I am satisfied. I think that JForex is better than MBT Navigator but it's only a matter of taste. Other people will have different opinions. Last but not least Dukas is in Switzerland and they are not concerned by EU regulations.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

M6Andre

Dukascopy Is Now Dukascopy Bank SA with 100K CHF insurance!!

Postby M6Andre » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 am

Dukascopy Is Now Dukascopy Bank SA with 100K CHF insurance on Deposits !!

Breaking News !

Members,

Dukascopy is now licence as a bank in Switzerland! This means even more security for your funds as all deposits are now insured by the Swizz government for up to 100K CHF.

Read the press release on my blog:
http://www.molecule6.com/en/blog/1-blog ... -bank.html

Dukascopy is now a very interesting Forex broker to all traders with the low initial minimum set at 1,000 USD value with the option of based account in a wide range of currencies (USD, EUR, CHF, GBP, AUD, YEN or CAD), ECN direct to market, institutional spreads, high liquidity, and on top of this our 45% rebate program at Molecule6.com. Only MT4 is not yet available for Live trading as Dukascopy is having difficulties adapting the code to respect the ECN business model... So, no official available date yet for MT4 live...

Andre

tmanbone

Re: Dukascopy Is Now Dukascopy Bank SA with 100K CHF insuran

Postby tmanbone » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:22 am

M6Andre wrote:Dukascopy Is Now Dukascopy Bank SA with 100K CHF insurance on Deposits !!

Breaking News !

Members,

Dukascopy is now licence as a bank in Switzerland! This means even more security for your funds as all deposits are now insured by the Swizz government for up to 100K CHF.

Read the press release on my blog:
http://www.molecule6.com/en/blog/1-blog ... -bank.html

Dukascopy is now a very interesting Forex broker to all traders with the low initial minimum set at 1,000 USD value with the option of based account in a wide range of currencies (USD, EUR, CHF, GBP, AUD, YEN or CAD), ECN direct to market, institutional spreads, high liquidity, and on top of this our 45% rebate program at Molecule6.com. Only MT4 is not yet available for Live trading as Dukascopy is having difficulties adapting the code to respect the ECN business model... So, no official available date yet for MT4 live...

Andre

Andre, if they would make the beneficuary process something that could be handled with a document in the account application, they could attract more customers also. Any chance of this happening anytime soon? Thanks,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 am

tmanbone wrote:Andre, if they would make the beneficuary process something that could be handled with a document in the account application, they could attract more customers also. Any chance of this happening anytime soon? Thanks,

Tmanbone,

If you are referring to a beneficiary in the sense that you are naming someone to receive the funds if something bad happens to you, well, there is no need to specify. Your legal beneficiary at home or all instructions in your testament will apply to your account at Dukascopy. By sending the legal documents, they will be able to withdrawal the money.

I hope I understood your question correctly.

Andre

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:32 pm

M6Andre wrote:Dukascopy [/b]is now licence as a[b] bank in Switzerland!

Does it mean that the scope of Duka's activity will be extended? Will I be able to open an account in Duka bank and pay electricity bills from it? Will I be able to raise a car loan or get a mortgage financing?

Just curious.

M6Andre wrote:So, no official available date yet for MT4 live...

No problem with this. Just yesterday it was announced that Duka's data feed and execution gateway will be connected to MC http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7464

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Tresor wrote:
M6Andre wrote:Dukascopy [/b]is now licence as a[b] bank in Switzerland!

Does it mean that the scope of Duka's activity will be extended? Will I be able to open an account in Duka bank and pay electricity bills from it? Will I be able to raise a car loan or get a mortgage financing?

Just curious.

M6Andre wrote:So, no official available date yet for MT4 live...

No problem with this. Just yesterday it was announced that Duka's data feed and execution gateway will be connected to MC http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7464

Dukascopy is licensed and regulated as a bank but the business model stays the same. So, no mortgages, no normal deposits, etc. All the same as before for now...

MC is new to me, is this a platform that connects to many other brokers including Dukascopy and is easy or easier to learn than MT4 with many functions?

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:40 pm

M6Andre wrote:Dukascopy is licensed and regulated as a bank but the business model stays the same. So, no mortgages, no normal deposits, etc. All the same as before for now...

I suppose one would need to look into (i) banking licence applicatin by Duka to see what banking activities they applied for and (ii) details of the licence granted to Duka to see what the licence provides for.

I was jut curious.

M6Andre wrote:MC is new to me, is this a platform that connects to many other brokers including Dukascopy and is easy or easier to learn than MT4 with many functions?

For sure MC has more functionalities than MT4 and JForex combined as far as charting, backtesting, optimization and algo trading goes. MC is an advanced platform for retail traders (it uses multi CPUs and multi-cores, has look-inside-bar function, flexibility to use non-standard bars like 63 seconds or 10567 contracts, etc).

It is easy to learn and use but given MT4 is the easiest platform on the planet to learn and given MC's many functionalities, MC is harder to learn than MT4.

Here are the supported data feeds and execution engines: http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/datamanagement/

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 pm

By the way, there are about 20 pairs available to trade via Dukascopy. Is anyone aware if there are plans at Duka to increase the number of available pairs?

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Tresor wrote:By the way, there are about 20 pairs available to trade via Dukascopy. Is anyone aware if there are plans at Duka to increase the number of available pairs?

Please don't take this the wrong way.

ONLY 20 pairs? Is 20 pairs not enough to trade? Just curious why one needs more, I guess unless you want to trade a specific one.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Tresor

Postby Tresor » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:41 pm

aliassmith wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way.

ONLY 20 pairs? Is 20 pairs not enough to trade? Just curious why one needs more, I guess unless you want to trade a specific one.

I am trying to find the word ''ONLY'' in my previous post that might indicate my potential dissatisfaction with the current offer of the broker ... and I can't find neither such word nor I can find any covert or overt dissatisfaction with Duka's offer on my end.

Regards

Return to “brokers”