DUKASCOPY or MB TRADING ???

discussion on brokers, order execution, order automation and everything broker-related

Moderator: moderators

morfisher

Postby morfisher » Mon May 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Many thanks, I will check it out, thanks for the attachments.
Bye for now.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

tking

Postby tking » Wed May 12, 2010 3:12 pm

I took some time to watch some of the videos on the Molecule6 site yesterday. I had anticipated the JForex trading platform to be an undesired challenge to get familiar with while doing a demo of Dukas. After watching the videos I am now looking forward to getting some projects out of the way so I can dive in. MT4 might be great for charting and indicators, but JForex looks great for placing trades - based on my limited experience. I complement those who prepared these videos and the way they are laid out and easy to move around in.

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Wed May 12, 2010 3:45 pm

tking wrote:I took some time to watch some of the videos on the Molecule6 site yesterday. I had anticipated the JForex trading platform to be an undesired challenge to get familiar with while doing a demo of Dukas. After watching the videos I am now looking forward to getting some projects out of the way so I can dive in. MT4 might be great for charting and indicators, but JForex looks great for placing trades - based on my limited experience. I complement those who prepared these videos and the way they are laid out and easy to move around in.

TKing,

Thank you for the kind comments. I try to give traders the service, trading and learning tools and high 45% rebates that were not available when I started trading. I will continue to add videos about different topics. For more information just go to: http://www.Molecule6.com

It is all about Traders Helping Traders !

Andre

LuckyFxTrader247

Postby LuckyFxTrader247 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm new to the JForex platform and running into a slight issue with the Fibonacci Retracement tool, and I've gone through the "Tools>Preferences" menu but didn't see an option that would help me. The issue is if I click and drag the vertical axis with the prices and therefore either compress or expand the chart area, the actual values on the Fibonacci retracement tool will change. The Fibonacci ratio's remain constant, but the values JForex assigns to the ratios change depending on the scale. Is there a setting so that the Fibonacci values will remain constant regardless if I expand or contract the chart?

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Fri May 14, 2010 1:55 am

LuckyFxTrader247 wrote:I'm new to the JForex platform and running into a slight issue with the Fibonacci Retracement tool, and I've gone through the "Tools>Preferences" menu but didn't see an option that would help me. The issue is if I click and drag the vertical axis with the prices and therefore either compress or expand the chart area, the actual values on the Fibonacci retracement tool will change. The Fibonacci ratio's remain constant, but the values JForex assigns to the ratios change depending on the scale. Is there a setting so that the Fibonacci values will remain constant regardless if I expand or contract the chart?

I made an inquerery with the customer service at Dukascopy. They are aware of this and the IT department will eventually update the platform with a fix. Nothing we can do for now...

Andre

LuckyFxTrader247

Postby LuckyFxTrader247 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:46 am

Thanks for submitting the request for me. By the way, how often do they make updates to their platform?

I love the fact I can make modifications to the fib tool and hopefully they don't lose that functionality. That's actually one of the many reasons I was looking at Duka. The JForex charting platform is superior to Interactive Brokers so I like this too. The ability to quickly set-up trades directly from the charts is also pretty nice and I'm getting faster at doing this on the platform.

BUT and this is a BIG BUT, what good does it do me if when setting up my targets, I compress the chart, and my targets/SL's are wrong, skewing my R:R? I mean the fib tool is as basic a tool as a MA, yet JForex is supposed to be a superior platform. I would imagine other traders use fib targets and may need to compress charts, so I'm curious why they don't already have this done.

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 am

LuckyFxTrader247 wrote:Thanks for submitting the request for me. By the way, how often do they make updates to their platform?

I love the fact I can make modifications to the fib tool and hopefully they don't lose that functionality. That's actually one of the many reasons I was looking at Duka. The JForex charting platform is superior to Interactive Brokers so I like this too. The ability to quickly set-up trades directly from the charts is also pretty nice and I'm getting faster at doing this on the platform.

BUT and this is a BIG BUT, what good does it do me if when setting up my targets, I compress the chart, and my targets/SL's are wrong, skewing my R:R? I mean the fib tool is as basic a tool as a MA, yet JForex is supposed to be a superior platform. I would imagine other traders use fib targets and may need to compress charts, so I'm curious why they don't already have this done.

LuckyFxTrader247,

What I personally do, is do all my charting evaluations on MT4. In my opinion, MT4 is more flexible, easy, intuitive, etc and better at charting and JForex better for trading. If you have 2 monitors or more (I have 3 and just orderred a 4 screens super computer), you set one MT4 session for charting and one JForex session for taking your trades. The MT4 session can be from any broker or from Dukascopy demo. Dukascopy MT4 demo is using the same price feed server of the JForex live. If you work with Dukascopy MT4, you have the same candles, etc on all sessions. On JForex I have only the smallest time frame of the currency I trade and keep this one ready for one click trading (I am a scalper) with the trading tool "Managing Orders" also ready to assist my trading (Managing Orders is a free tool I give free to traders asking for it on http://wwwMolecule6.com).

I hope this can help you and a few traders reading here...

Andre

LuckyFxTrader247

Postby LuckyFxTrader247 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check out the Duka MT4 charting. So you're saying the data matches up exactly with JForex? If that's the case, then I can live with that. I'll check it out today and post back later.

M6Andre

Postby M6Andre » Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 pm

LuckyFxTrader247 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I'll check out the Duka MT4 charting. So you're saying the data matches up exactly with JForex? If that's the case, then I can live with that. I'll check it out today and post back later.

Yes, it is the same price feed server for all Dukascopy platforms.

About the MT4 demo, some traders are confused about Dukascopy MT4 process to get the demo.

You first need to register using the button "MT4 DEMO (Beta)" on the left side of the Wesite unders section "Registration & Platform Login". (Do not forget to check the MT4 box). Then, the system will send you an e-mail with your Login and password. Look for the MT4 section in the e-mail. After, you download the platform using button "MT4 Download" (same location on the Website). Install the platform as you do normally but after, you go to : file / Login and use the login received from the Dukascopy e-mail. You will then be in the Beta demo at Dukascopy.

If this is not working well, let me know, I can assit over Skype or even connect to your computer to complete the installation...

Andre

LuckyFxTrader247

Postby LuckyFxTrader247 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Excellent! I have multiple monitors so it won't be a problem to chart with MT4 on 1 monitor and execute trades on the other. Good Deal. Thanks a lot!

Return to “brokers”