ZLINES...

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: ZLINES...

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:32 am

brettnchrism wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
dojirock wrote:
Brett,
You need to wait for the retest of the Doji zone then enter on the Breakout of something. You entered to early.

Doji

Yea Doji's back!

Here was a trade taken today using a Doji box. I normally just use in on the 15m chart and I enter one of two ways. Either price enters the box and then leaves the box and I enter on the exit of the box. Or I will enter part of the position if the candle closes in the box and then the rest when it leaves the box.

I haven't found my preferred SL placement. At most I try to use no more then 20 pips or look at the high of a candle of the box.

Mr Hyde how is that box drawn? Manual or is it a indi? thanks

Manual

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 am

Hi Arkan, where can I learn more about the impulse? this is something I've never heard of before. I've failed at Zlines for 10 years two and now I see you completely changed things around after a couple of months. Friggin impressive.

arkan1976 wrote:Im using a moving average to see more clear the impulse

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:38 am

Success for me is to be able to say I'm a trader. Its a pretty stupid and vain thing to do. My dad got me started in Forex and he passed away. I just want to die and look my father in the eye and say I did it. I spent a lot of time dicking around when he was alive. Pretty deep I know but that's what I want.

LeMercenaire wrote:OK...

Talking to Mr Hyde last night and at some point posted this over on Wanna's Journey of the ES thread:

''I am looking to always finish the day in profit. That's the goal.

That actually reminds me of an interesting psychological experiment I know. I'm on my phone now but when I kick things off again tomorrow, I will post it up and see what you guys say about it.''

He seemed to think it was a good idea, so you can blame him, lol.

Anyway, this is a kind of a follow on to our earlier discussions on the psychological side of trading and that is why I will post this here.

So. There is a devious question prospective new traders at a fund I happen to know of are asked at one of their initial interrogations - sorry, interviews :P

It goes like this:

''(In terms of your trading)...Define success?''

That's it - at this point the three guys on the other side of the desk will not take their eyes off you as they wait for your words of wisdom.

So what's your answer?

This could be your whole career on the line, remember. No pressure, then...

Oh and here's a hint. The answer isn't ''to make money''.

Discuss.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:06 am

Hello Leoheart, can you point me in the right direction to start to learn how to trade both trade with the opens and not miss a trade? I trade with the daily CC on my charts like ever other wannabe around here. But would like to pull myself out of the primordial ooze and make this work. Anyone? Bhueller?

Leoheart wrote:
MaximalEffort wrote:
arkan1976 wrote:I'm not doing very well today ...

EJ was choppy today. Not ideal to trade.

I find it hard many times to keep out of those pairs.

Would nice if any of our Big Brothers here can give us a few tips to filter ranging and treding pairs.

MAXIMAL!

I deleted my response to your inquiry because I have nightmares where horses chase me down for payback.

You my friend are asking to be shown illusions, when the true is undeniably clear.

A candle only has a few options. Break the high/Low of the previous candle or bounce around in between (think a group of big TFs candles not 5min :lol: ). You want to be awesome? Only trade in the direction of the daily, weekly,monthly opens when trading smaller timeframes. If all three big boys Tfs are above or below the previous candle H/L then you are in trending - if not then you are in a range.

Easy right? It really isn't. When you see your buddy just banked a boat load of pips on a day trade as you were waiting for the stars to align - well you get the point.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Libertarian wrote:Hello Leoheart, can you point me in the right direction to start to learn how to trade both trade with the opens and not miss a trade? I trade with the daily CC on my charts like ever other wannabe around here. But would like to pull myself out of the primordial ooze and make this work. Anyone? Bhueller?

Leoheart wrote:
MaximalEffort wrote:

EJ was choppy today. Not ideal to trade.

I find it hard many times to keep out of those pairs.

Would nice if any of our Big Brothers here can give us a few tips to filter ranging and treding pairs.

MAXIMAL!

I deleted my response to your inquiry because I have nightmares where horses chase me down for payback.

You my friend are asking to be shown illusions, when the true is undeniably clear.

A candle only has a few options. Break the high/Low of the previous candle or bounce around in between (think a group of big TFs candles not 5min :lol: ). You want to be awesome? Only trade in the direction of the daily, weekly,monthly opens when trading smaller timeframes. If all three big boys Tfs are above or below the previous candle H/L then you are in trending - if not then you are in a range.

Easy right? It really isn't. When you see your buddy just banked a boat load of pips on a day trade as you were waiting for the stars to align - well you get the point.

Alright good buddy, lets give this a shot. Firstly you see how you refer to yourself as a 'wannabee'? If you don't truly believe you belong with the big boys youll never see the simplicity of how price moves for yourself. No one trades charts. We all trade our believes, and put them on the line every day, week, month or year.

This is what I want you to do. Record a statement on your phone, affirming "I am an extremely profitable trader" & listen to this affirmation for 5 minutes everyday without fail.

Now that is out of the way. Lets do this, show me exactly how you trade now and I'll match you & start adding in '2 cents' at a time.

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm just NOT going to let this *censored - swear word* thread die. There are lessons to be had here and I want to learn them. So I'll start again. What I think PTG is trying to show here is that the arrows are pointing to MOMO, or some form of it, is it a close beyond the 50% area of the previous MOMO candle? But as far as the pic and asking what we see. It seems the DL is the thing to be watching. A close beyone the DL which is the origin of Momentum. As I have read this thread. Sometimes it seems like Arkhan is trading beyond previous DLs and sometimes the current "forming" DL. That is one of the areas I'm struggling with.

PTG wrote:
arkan1976 wrote:
PTG wrote:
same answers. Wait for momo.

2018-03-26_2040.png

2018-03-26_2047_001.png

Hi PTG ! ,
thank you very much for your help, I'm glad to see you here

I think I understand what you are trying to explain to me.
Until now I thought that a candle was simply a candle whose size is double the previous candle ... also depending on which zone of 50% close, so it will be the correct bias.
for example, first i must to define momo ....

is correct this ?

M= momo

Thanks Arkan, hope it is of help. Kind of difficult to explain because to me, there are no hard, fixed rules. Others may have slightly different ideas and that's fine, as long as it is workable for each of us.

You haven't marked all momo's nor have I. Some comments in picture below:

2018-03-26_2355.png

Below a screenshot starting at the same candle as your screenshot with H4 H1 overlays on M15 plus H1 Dragon lines (H1 open/close lines). What do you see ?

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Libertarian wrote:I'm just NOT going to let this *censored - swear word* thread die. There are lessons to be had here and I want to learn them. So I'll start again. What I think PTG is trying to show here is that the arrows are pointing to MOMO, or some form of it, is it a close beyond the 50% area of the previous MOMO candle? But as far as the pic and asking what we see. It seems the DL is the thing to be watching. A close beyone the DL which is the origin of Momentum. As I have read this thread. Sometimes it seems like Arkhan is trading beyond previous DLs and sometimes the current "forming" DL. That is one of the areas I'm struggling with.

PTG wrote:
arkan1976 wrote:
Hi PTG ! ,
thank you very much for your help, I'm glad to see you here

I think I understand what you are trying to explain to me.
Until now I thought that a candle was simply a candle whose size is double the previous candle ... also depending on which zone of 50% close, so it will be the correct bias.
for example, first i must to define momo ....

is correct this ?

M= momo

Thanks Arkan, hope it is of help. Kind of difficult to explain because to me, there are no hard, fixed rules. Others may have slightly different ideas and that's fine, as long as it is workable for each of us.

2018-03-26_2355.png

Below a screenshot starting at the same candle as your screenshot with H4 H1 overlays on M15 plus H1 Dragon lines (H1 open/close lines). What do you see ?

Hi Lib!

Could you repost the pic attached please?
Thanks
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:40 pm

EURJPYH1.png
EURJPYH1.png (41.62 KiB) Viewed 5770 times

Hi Mira!, I think its like the A break from Mike.

Then PTG replied with the following.

11.png
11.png (34.1 KiB) Viewed 5768 times

12.png
12.png (79.03 KiB) Viewed 5768 times

Mira wrote:
Libertarian wrote:I'm just NOT going to let this *censored - swear word* thread die. There are lessons to be had here and I want to learn them. So I'll start again. What I think PTG is trying to show here is that the arrows are pointing to MOMO, or some form of it, is it a close beyond the 50% area of the previous MOMO candle? But as far as the pic and asking what we see. It seems the DL is the thing to be watching. A close beyone the DL which is the origin of Momentum. As I have read this thread. Sometimes it seems like Arkhan is trading beyond previous DLs and sometimes the current "forming" DL. That is one of the areas I'm struggling with.

PTG wrote:

2018-03-26_2355.png

Hi Lib!

Could you repost the pic attached please?
Thanks

Libertarian

Postby Libertarian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Going thru Lukx thread, Dragon says many times the 1hr 50% and open are very important for his trading. He uses those areas like S/R. He doesn't just buy them blindly. Red arrows have 15 min MOMO within the hrly. So is I am assuming its how MOMO plays around these levels.

There is more to come (questions) with some of the nuggets in this thread. Its just TIME is such a precious commodity. :lol:

Arkhans response to the pic. I'm trying to understand it. Again, it has to do with the A break, MO breaks MO, etc.

ark response.PNG
ark response.PNG (65.11 KiB) Viewed 5765 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Libertarian wrote:Going thru Lukx thread, Dragon says many times the 1hr 50% and open are very important for his trading. He uses those areas like S/R. He doesn't just buy them blindly. Red arrows have 15 min MOMO within the hrly. So is I am assuming its how MOMO plays around these levels.

There is more to come (questions) with some of the nuggets in this thread. Its just TIME is such a precious commodity. :lol:

Arkhans response to the pic. I'm trying to understand it. Again, it has to do with the A break, MO breaks MO, etc.

ark response.PNG

Lib thanks for posting this, I’m seeing something new :shock:
To me the arrows are classic dojizones: momentum breaking momentum
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Return to “beginners forum”