ZLINES...

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: ZLINES...

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:05 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:I think I may finally see MOMO and ZLINES! It is too funny that it took me this long. But it is really simple. Identify the most recent momo bar and trade TOWARD its open from an extreme. DUH!

IS THAT IT??

My understanding of it, is that you have the MOMO bar break a level. That level becomes the Z-Line.

You then wait for price to drop back toward that line, to wick it (but not close over it) then enter as price once again leaves the Z-Line in the direction of the original MOMO.

If I'm wrong, I will take my slap about the head - but hey, that's how I've been running it. It does work :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:31 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:I think I may finally see MOMO and ZLINES! It is too funny that it took me this long. But it is really simple. Identify the most recent momo bar and trade TOWARD its open from an extreme. DUH!

IS THAT IT??

My understanding of it, is that you have the MOMO bar break a level. That level becomes the Z-Line.

You then wait for price to drop back toward that line, to wick it (but not close over it) then enter as price once again leaves the Z-Line in the direction of the original MOMO.

If I'm wrong, I will take my slap about the head - but hey, that's how I've been running it. It does work :)

No slaps required! You got it
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

IS THAT IT??

No slaps required! You got it

I have the best of dragon33 pdf and in the beginning he showed just like Lem says, 50 fibb and open area are of interest wait for price to return then go with h4 mo direction, later he starts saying target the 50 fibb then go with the mo. I am not very good at targeting most time price keeps going awhile, so I just wait for the return and trade in direction of MO. I normally enter on M15 wait for MO bar zline to get in.
Your friend Brett

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:43 pm

In a perfect world I would have been at the computer for all these. I marked area that I would watch for a entry on lower time frame. Is this how most trade this? Checks are mo bars and arrows show which way I would trade.
Your friend Brett

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:36 pm

brettnchrism wrote:Image

In a perfect world I would have been at the computer for all these. I marked area that I would watch for a entry on lower time frame. Is this how most trade this? Checks are mo bars and arrows show which way I would trade.

I'm on my phone as the trade computers are well and truly off, lol. As such, I can't mark up charts but looking at this, I'd have said, yes, I'd have taken those entries - though that last one, maybe not, as price didn't get near enough to the line (though maybe the 50-fib would get you in).
What I would add, that if I was looking at that chart, I would also have looked at the big picture and - looking to the left - you see the first low? We then get a move back to a lower high.
After that, price drops again and I would class the three large bear candles that break that last low as a MOMO move.
So when price once again turns, it goes up and retests THAT level as an kind of UBER-Z-Line and I would enter on the rebound from that.
I'm assuming that these levels would be Daily Z-Lines? I'd need to check once I get the machines powered up again.
The 50-Fib would also be a major feature on these time frames for me.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:37 pm

brettnchrism wrote:Image

I'm on my phone as the trade computers are well and truly off, lol. As such, I can't mark up charts but looking at this, I'd have said, yes, I'd have taken those entries - though that last one, maybe not, as price didn't get near enough to the line (though maybe the 50-fib would get you in).
What I would add, that if I was looking at that chart, I would also have looked at the big picture and - looking to the left - you see the first low? We then get a move back to a lower high.
After that, price drops again and I would class the three large bear candles that break that last low as a MOMO move.
So when price once again turns, it goes up and retests THAT level as an kind of UBER-Z-Line and I would enter on the rebound from that.
I'm assuming that these levels would be Daily Z-Lines? I'd need to check once I get the machines powered up again.
The 50-Fib would also be a major feature on these time frames for me.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 pm

I have no clue why that has double-posted. Some kind of fat-fingered incident on my part no doubt.

I'll delete the copy in the morning as it won't seem to let me on the phone.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:21 pm

I must have left it too long before I came back (?) as I can't delete that double post, so there it is for all time...sorry folks.

Anyway, I've attached a copy of Brett's chart to illustrate what I was blabbering on about...If K lets me post an inked chart...

(K-he-say-no) Sorry for the crop. It's the only way I can get it to post.

Inkedbrett-eg_LIcrop.jpg
Inkedbrett-eg_LIcrop.jpg (114.97 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:42 pm

TRO001.png
TRO001.png (32.77 KiB) Viewed 3006 times

Something I have been doing profitably:

I noticed price usually retraces the bigger bars sometime in the near future and I wait and trade accordingly.

"Identify the most recent momo bar and trade TOWARD its open from an extreme."

The orange lines highlight bars 5 pips or bigger.

I guess I still don't get "ZLines".
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:58 pm

TRO002.png
TRO002.png (49.3 KiB) Viewed 3004 times

The Frequency Distribution shows number of candle bodies larger than....
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “beginners forum”