ZLINES...

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: ZLINES...

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Never be afraid to ask if you are unsure. Sometimes it's easy to forget that just because we know what we've put on a chart and can see easily, it isn't always clear to others.

Lem is right feel free to ask anytime. I ask him a million questions and not only does he answer those, he always give me more info then even asked for. Now if he is willing to do that with me, then if is only fair to pass it on. The hightime frame overlays are just there one to see if trading with color, 2 the break of a 4hr low or high can be a good place to add to a position 3 the 1hr lets you see smaller time frame momo and then having it on the 15m gives you the ability to get in earlier on a trade.

You seem to do well just looking at a 4hr and 1hr chart timeframe and if that works for you then by all means practice and master it.

Also, always remember that you don't have to have it all on one chart as overlays. Reduce your charts and set the workspace up in thirds, or whatever. One third H4, one H1, then M15, all side-by-side.

You can even have MO's micro-charts down one side if that suits.

Point is - as Mr Hyde says, do what works for you.

Haha, exactly. Also be careful with all the overlays if you do go that route. They can kind of conceal the smaller time frame candles. I always make sure to have just plain naked charts to look at.

Or a 3rd and probably best option is just buy a bunch of moniters and put certain pairs and timeframes that you are watching on them and then have a nice big screen in front of you. Yea yea I know it can be pricey, but once your making that money to me its a good investment.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
Lem is right feel free to ask anytime. I ask him a million questions and not only does he answer those, he always give me more info then even asked for. Now if he is willing to do that with me, then if is only fair to pass it on. The hightime frame overlays are just there one to see if trading with color, 2 the break of a 4hr low or high can be a good place to add to a position 3 the 1hr lets you see smaller time frame momo and then having it on the 15m gives you the ability to get in earlier on a trade.

You seem to do well just looking at a 4hr and 1hr chart timeframe and if that works for you then by all means practice and master it.

Also, always remember that you don't have to have it all on one chart as overlays. Reduce your charts and set the workspace up in thirds, or whatever. One third H4, one H1, then M15, all side-by-side.

Haha, exactly. Also be careful with all the overlays if you do go that route. They can kind of conceal the smaller time frame candles. I always make sure to have just plain naked charts to look at.

Or a 3rd and probably best option is just buy a bunch of moniters and put certain pairs and timeframes that you are watching on them and then have a nice big screen in front of you. Yea yea I know it can be pricey, but once your making that money to me its a good investment.

Aye...the first and best thing you should do once you have some spare moolah, is invest it in the monitors.

Plus you can pretend to be Capt Picard when things get a bit slow.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Aye...the first and best thing you should do once you have some spare moolah, is invest it in the monitors.

If you like trading from laptops...

The laptop set-up to kill all laptop set-ups :D

TheLaptopSetUpToKillAllLaptopSetUps.jpg
TheLaptopSetUpToKillAllLaptopSetUps.jpg (84.87 KiB) Viewed 2302 times

Go on YT to see this thing in action. Only problem with that would be that you'd spend your first week just folding and unfolding the screens from the laptop 'coz it's just so *@#*in' kewl!!!

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:

If you like trading from laptops...

The laptop set-up to kill all laptop set-ups :D

TheLaptopSetUpToKillAllLaptopSetUps.jpg

Go on YT to see this thing in action. Only problem with that would be that you'd spend your first week just folding and unfolding the screens from the laptop 'coz it's just so *@#*in' kewl!!!

I think Im in love.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 16, 2018 9:18 am

It can be helpful to know what is happening on the HTF. 1 trendline and 1 area of support have been taken out. Now lets see if we can break one more of each.

GBPJPYWeekly.png
GBPJPYWeekly.png (41.5 KiB) Viewed 2296 times

I love when price does this. Closes over a high, then closes back over (with momo added bonus) then price wicks back up to the extreme price had closed O/U. Plus for added protection you had some decent R right above. Shorts all the way.

GBPJPYH1.png
GBPJPYH1.png (54.94 KiB) Viewed 2296 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 am

Here was the easiest and prettiest setup for the day. In at 45 and added at 30. Exited at the 1hr dline 2/3 of my position.
EURJPYM15.png20.png
EURJPYM15.png20.png (55.88 KiB) Viewed 2293 times

Also got in on EA, GU and GJ. Stayed away from EU. Wasn't gonna trade GU either since it and EU went crazy yesterday, but I saw what I thought was a possible quick play short and then it offered me an add. So I took some profit and left a little to ride, just incase it breaks this support level and just drops like a rock.

But the more I look at GU I can see it going long more then short.

arkan1976

Postby arkan1976 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:Here was the easiest and prettiest setup for the day. In at 45 and added at 30. Exited at the 1hr dline 2/3 of my position.
EURJPYM15.png20.png

Also got in on EA, GU and GJ. Stayed away from EU. Wasn't gonna trade GU either since it and EU went crazy yesterday, but I saw what I thought was a possible quick play short and then it offered me an add. So I took some profit and left a little to ride, just incase it breaks this support level and just drops like a rock.

But the more I look at GU I can see it going long more then short.

great Mr. !!!

I let myself go for 1h momo :roll:
Attachments
EURJPYM15.png
EURJPYM15.png (76.2 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

arkan1976

Postby arkan1976 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 am

in eurusd I take some pips, now Im at BE....
Attachments
EURUSDM15.png
EURUSDM15.png (72.73 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
Last edited by arkan1976 on Wed May 16, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

arkan1976

Postby arkan1976 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:00 am

waiting.....

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Wed May 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:
Thats great, I need to practice more on forex but would like to trade other instruments also once I get it down and my confidence up.
So far Im learning a lot from everyones charts but I cant get used to all those custom candle ect.

Never be afraid to ask if you are unsure. Sometimes it's easy to forget that just because we know what we've put on a chart and can see easily, it isn't always clear to others.

Hey thanks a bunch Lem and Mr Hyde I appreciate the help a bunch. I started this journey 9 years ago and have struggled with consistency. Most likely due to not sticky with one style of trading. So far the Z Lines make the most sense and I have been doing very well as long as I am patient. I would like to look at the ES and can you suggest a US broker platform? I also will switch to a H4 chart like you guys so I have same look. I use Oanda for trades but use fxchoice for MT4 chart. Again I appreciate your help again.
Your friend Brett

Return to “beginners forum”