zlines, semafor and more, oh my!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

noushina

Postby noushina » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:14 pm

newark18 wrote:
noushina wrote:
You will notice if you adjust the settings on his zline indicator that it will draw the zline at the top of the MZ or the bottom (you have to remove mz indicator to see the zlines it draws through).

The best looking mz is when there was a real large bar - a large green one then the mz will be the bottom half of the bar. (Sort of like a fib retrace to the 50% line).

Noushina,

Is the mightyzone alway in the middle of the green or red boxes drawn by MZ indicator? Is that where I should expect to see the most resistance?

I don't trade the MZ, thought maybe I should. ES and others are the experts. Just study and scroll charts. I think everything has been thoroughly explained at this point.

PUt the indicator on your charts and set the time period for it to 240, then when you change time frames the 240 mz will still be there.

The MZ indicator generally draws from the open of the bar to the half way point, I think Blubb set it so that it would not overlap other mightly zones so sometimes there is a somewhat narrow bar.

I really think its time for you to put it on your charts and scroll and analyze.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey es/pip,

I was also battling with these terms and now you have made everything a whole lot clearer

Gracias! ;-)
:smt065

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 am

I am glad that es/pip still has the patience to explain the basics because I sure don't :wink:

Lets follow the path of logic for a second:

1. MO is a discretionary trader:

http://www.trade2win.com/traderpedia/Di ... ry_Trading

2. He created MZ and ZL to convey a general idea.

3. Because he is discretionary, nothing that he says is meant to be used mechanically.

4. If nothing is used mechanically then the ideas must be used collectively to sync ones mind with the movement of the market.

Just because there is sudden momentum that does not mean that the Mighty Zone is going to deflect price.
It could be that there was a slow upwards movement followed by momentum into a larger area of resistance where the longer term traders wish to short.
Everything must be viewed in the context of recent data and magnitude.

Systems, no matter how well conceived, will fail because there are always a group of traders who respond to and take advantage of constants.

zapp99

Postby zapp99 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:55 am

noushina wrote:If you want a visual - go to blubb's free indicator thread and download the MZ and Zline indicators. Then see where they are drawn.

You will notice if you adjust the settings on his zline indicator that it will draw the zline at the top of the MZ or the bottom (you have to remove mz indicator to see the zlines it draws through).

Anyway that helps give a visual perception of mz and zline.

Blubbs indicators draw the zone on pretty much any bar that is twice as big as the last one, so a lot of them are probably not useful.

The best looking mz is when there was a real large bar - a large green one then the mz will be the bottom half of the bar. (Sort of like a fib retrace to the 50% line).

Hi all, I'm new here, and I'm new to fx, too.
May I know if the mz is only reliable on a D1 chart? Or can I use it on a H4, H1, M15, or M5? (well I guess not M5 but...)

thnx

edit: another question, am I right to say that the mz works like a support in up trending charts, as well as the other way round, a resistance in down-trending charts?

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:35 am

zapp99,

Read the "never lose again" thread, starting about page 120 for the discussion of this type of trading (or rather the lesson that MO taught about market movements that ZeroLines and MightyZones were created to teach).

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1373

or go here http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2005 and download it.

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

zapp99

Postby zapp99 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:48 am

Thanks bredin,

I'm over there right now!.

Return to “beginners forum”