We are living in a dream!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Postby Karma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Well I'll admit that I'm not currently profitable. But it is a journey of no single step, it's taken me a lot of time to get to where I am and with determination I certainly see success on the horizon.

I think just about any broker is reasonable, I watch feeds from multiple brokers and legitimately they all show the same things with very slight variations.

The ultimate, amusing, theory on how to stop your orders getting stolen is to not use a stoploss. If you only want to lose 10 points, close it then. Don't tell the broker what price you're afraid of.

And from my understanding this is a multi-trillion dollar market.

I've found success in my own small ways. Many parts of this journey are too complicated to be explicitly described. A lot of the lessons learned just cannot be taught except through experience

I wanted to add that although I'm not making a killing, my maximum loss to my account has been less than 3% (and that was many trades mind you) and I've recovered greatly since.

What's wrong with starting a small account? If you aren't willing to risk that you'll never be able to trade with more...

I really feel that arguing about whether or not your orders reach open market or not is utterly a waste of energy. I trade physical gold and silver, if anything should affect the market that should. But instead MO's leveraged short selling is what controls the market... Do I care? Yeah. Do I get mad about it? Maybe a little? Does it affect me? Does it really matter? Not one single bit.

A trade is a trade, no matter where it goes.
You still have the opportunity to be right whether I buy your order or the market maker does.

A little research into hft and you'll realize that the market maker's trading bots will probably be on both sides of my order. Which is fine, because I just want scraps from their table

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

webcom

Postby webcom » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:31 pm

@Karma thank you for your time and advice.I will take a look at hft.

roctao

Postby roctao » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Webcom, If you have a profitable strategy then a broker wouldn't be able to touch you...having typed that Mo's rules are the only ones you need.
Position
Lot size
Pips
in that order.
But the saying goes if you cant afford to lose stay out of vegas...
its risk...
Also, YOU ARE A GAMBLER...if you have spent all the time and energy to research and come up with a profitable strategy on demos. Your looking to gamble..if you have money in "real" stocks your gambling already.....

so time to s**t or get off the pot.

Postby Karma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 pm

I agree with roctao in that respect

hft is high frequency trading. It's just how the market makers get good prices; by using robots to automatically bid for a price hundreds of times a second

It's not a strategy that we can specifically take advantage of. But it adds a crap load of liquidity to the market so it does benefit us

this is used in every market
"Profit is found in a thinking mind. If you come to this . . . with pen and paper in hand then you will fail to find the beauty that exists within yourself." - MightyOne

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:01 pm

As we are back on an even keel

Dukascopy are a trustworthy broker.

I trade with FXCM UK - and personally have never had a problem.

Oanda as previously mentioned - seem ok
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

webcom

Postby webcom » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Roctao and Karma thanks fro your input...I`m not sure I understand what "...having typed that MO`s rules are the only ones you need" means.

webcom

Postby webcom » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Captain Pugwash thanks for indicating reliable(ok) brokers.

Postby Karma » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:34 pm

The testament to the unreliability here is that fxcm here in the us has been guilty of having to refund some clients lost accounts because they were screwing their clients...

that being said, if your plan can account for it. It hardly matters who your broker is.

I use mb trading and watch fxdd charts as well as fxcm charts

and those are the only guidelines you need for your trades

Position
Lot size
Pips

^^ in order of importance

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:46 pm

It's simple. Bucket shops don't like scalpers and the reason is that they can't balance their book. Trade with a bucketshop..don't scalp. want to scalp, go ECN.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:47 pm

webcom wrote:It is just an opinion,if you don`t agree just prove me wrong!And you konow what?I will be more than happy to be proven wrong!

Can you answer to the simple questions:

-How much money you won last year from Forex on margin?
-Which Forex brocker(s) you use?

Untill then I agree that there are two options ,either lose or win.You loose the brockers win.

Yes i can prove that, infact in the past i allready did it! Just ask around and soon you will know i don't lie :) If you're a good searcher you will find it.
And nope i will not show it to you, if you had asked it differently i probably had showed it but not this way. If you talk to people like that you get nothing it is that simple, a little bit the same as in forex. If you don't know how, then your name is probably webcom. Because i'm a nice guy i tell you that Dukascopy is a very reliable broker for the rest you have to search.
Goodby and have fun searching :P
PS: I was a factory employer, now i never have to work again even if i stop trading right now ;-)
Those where my last words to you
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

Return to “beginners forum”