TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby aliassmith » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:37 pm

TygerKrane wrote:RESET
Apparently I've changed...
as my account went below $2000 (and stayed there), I was no longer able to trade it as a serious account. Besides from trading without committing to a higher timeframe bias, I know it must've been gambling when I didn't even bother to calculate proper lot sizes anymore.
So I took some time off to focus, and see what I could learn from those moments of bad discipline.
  • Also, to refamiliarize myself with what exactly it is that I want to pay attention to, as far as reading PA goes.
  • Also, to re-evaluate my expectations of my trade entries (to avoid getting over-confident about any particular market-turn that I am predicting.)
I am going to take one more week off to review things, then bring my account back up to $2200, and begin trading again, this time with a calmer, more patient perspective. (It will be easier this time around since I no longer have an end-of-year deadline that could possibly push me to rush things.)

There were two things I liked about my last go-around tho, one being that I was pretty good with taking screenshots of the trades, from the entries, to various adjustments throughout the trade, to the closing.

Another thing I liked was getting a confirmation that I DID prefer to measure my lots in fractional amounts, starting with 1/12 of Max Lev. ((And using 75% of my account as the base to make this calculation.))
I considered using 1/16 and doing away with the fractional 75% of my real account, but,......no.

I don't see your account staying below $2000 being a function of it's actual amount. If you pull one good trade
off you'll double up right? Like PRO said if you can't be trusted to make gains with less than $2000 you can't make it by adding more.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Ok! So I've come up with an elegant solution for this 'kid in a candy store' dilemma I am having in choosing pairs to trade with.
Important to me is not trading the same currency on two different pairs simultaneously.:!:
Secondly, I think I need to make it explicit that I am settling on 8 Targets of 33.4%, to add a Zero to the account.

So I've outlined 8 sets of triplets (8 sets & 8 Targets are a coincidence, BTW :razz:).
  1. I'll choose any two sets out of the eight to monitor at one time. (It doesn't matter if a currency, or, currency pair(s) is/are repeated between the two chosen sets.)
  2. Wait for a PA setup that I am SUPER-comfortable with, and then take the trade.
  3. While that trade is running, or while I've put that trade on pause with a temporary Full Exit (aka Virtual Hedge, or 'VHedg'), I will ONLY take trades on one of the other pairs within the triplet that I have started trading.

I've considered '12 targets of 21.2%'...I currently prefer having to only accomplish 8 Targets rather than 12 to reach a goal; but I have to ask myself:
:| :?: Is it easier to collect 50 pips 12 times, or 82 pips 8 times :?: :|

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:50 pm

aliassmith wrote:I don't see your account staying below $2000 being a function of it's actual amount. If you pull one good trade
off you'll double up right? Like PRO said if you can't be trusted to make gains with less than $2000 you can't make it by adding more.

All very true.
It was definitely a psychological issue on my part.

This time around, I would definitely face the reality responsibly if I find myself in the same situation. (meaning, I would keep grinding away in a PROFESSIONAL manner.) It definitely wouldn't be cool to lose my cool two times in a row...Actually, it wouldn't be cool to lose my cool EVER AGAIN :!:

I just prefer having a closer road to making the dollar gains have a more worthwhile amount.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:05 pm

MightyOne wrote:Funny that I was sipping on a Moscow mule as I read this post :wink:

I was in the mood for a Bourbon Apple Pie shot, but they didn't have apples at this particular bar.

Priorities:
Become a millionaire first,
THEN, a drunkard :P

I actually can't imagine any place I've been to having ginger beer on hand to make a Moscow Mule. I guess I need to go to classier places...or just ask around more, someplace might pleasantly surprise me.

I've actually been having a taste for Pecan Pie recently, a drink that hits THAT urge would be irresistible for me. I even made an impulse purchase to this effect...was at the supermarket and picked up a bottle of Pecan Pumpkin Pie body wash...probably the gay-est thing I've done in ages, lol.
Anyways, I have to resist not swallowing the soap when I use it...stuff pours out like Pecan-flavored maple syrup...

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:08 am

TygerKrane wrote:
aliassmith wrote:I don't see your account staying below $2000 being a function of it's actual amount. If you pull one good trade

All very true.
It was definitely a psychological issue on my part.

This time around, I would definitely face the reality responsibly if I find myself in the same situation. (meaning, I would keep grinding away in a PROFESSIONAL manner.) It definitely wouldn't be cool to lose my cool two times in a row...Actually, it wouldn't be cool to lose my cool EVER AGAIN :!:

I just prefer having a closer road to making the dollar gains have a more worthwhile amount.

I guess I figure if you can add a zero you'll have $19000
without adding more risk or $22000 increasing your risk.

I would understand if you make 10% a month and need
$10000 a month so you require a specific account size.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:45 pm

MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:MO,
AS I LOVE GINGER, I had to give Moscow Mule a try.
And especially since my favorite drink to start off with when I go out is a Vodka Gimlet (vodka + lime), this was definitely up my alley!
Didn't have a copper mug, like they suggest serving it in, but it's now definitely a new mix I'll keep up my sleeve.

Funny that I was sipping on a Moscow mule as I read this post :wink:

I was in the mood for a Bourbon Apple Pie shot, but they didn't have apples at this particular bar.

I hope this is part of the leftovers from your Turkey day CARB BINGE.
LOL

:D :shock: :oops:
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:56 pm

If you go with 21.2% then
1 target per month: +0 per year
2 targets per month: +00 per year
3 targets per month: +000 per year.
I don't think that you need to be any more aggressive than that.

jala3.png
jala3.png (21.57 KiB) Viewed 2499 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:58 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:

I hope this is part of the leftovers from your Turkey day CARB BINGE.
LOL

:D :shock: :oops:

I've been ruining my nights with fast food burgers and alcohol :lol:

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:06 pm

MightyOne wrote:If you go with 21.2% then

jala3.png

What do $min and P%PS mean or indicate??

MO, your posts almost always make me ask questions...
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:51 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
MightyOne wrote:If you go with 21.2% then

jala3.png

What do $min and P%PS mean or indicate??

MO, your posts almost always make me ask questions...

$min: initial position size

P%PS: the number of pips, at 8x initial size (3 doubles), required to reach a %target; the number after accumulation is much smaller, but you want to insure that you are a day's range away from your %target even if you lose space.

Return to “beginners forum”