TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby aliassmith » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:17 am

TygerKrane wrote:Yayyyy!!!

Kreslik is back up!

\:D/

Ya it was down for awhile. Wonder if people will
return.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:18 am

Kreslik is back up!

I have felt lost and empty for days, very happy this forum is back up :smt038

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:43 am

jrtrading wrote:

Kreslik is back up!

I have felt lost and empty for days, very happy this forum is back up :smt038

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:07 am

My morning ritual has been fruitful - Kreslik returns.

Someone must have posted the holy grail again - and someone else didn't like it again :wink:

(many a true word said in jest)!
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

TygerKrane

The End is Nigh...

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:36 pm

If anyone is reading this, it is gonna be a half open-ended conversation / half monologue type rant kind of deal where I'm just talking to myself out loud (this is a journal afterall. ;) )

So apparently, my biggest problem NOW is.....taking profits!
I've had a truly baffling number of amazing trades in the last 3 months, the last 4 weeks have also been great, but not taking the profits and then on top of that, letting highly leveraged trades go against me, as I stick to my higher tf analysis has been killer on my account. I've had my best trade EVER within the last four weeks, when I doubled my account 37 hours after I started a trade sequence!!
***DID.NOT.THINK.THAT.WAS.POSSIBLE.WITH.AN.AMERICAN.ACCOUNT.***

A big reason why I hadn't been taking profits is b/c this is my busy season, and with everything going on, I don't feel I have the mental wherewithal to 1)keep finding my entries and 2)patiently/skillfully getting into them, so I really was just trying to get a trade on and let it ride for a multi-week trend; a set-it-and-forget-it kind of thing.

[[Even tho I've been letting amazing trades turn into losses --since I was trying to make August be a 'hands-off' type of trading month-- I was actually taking notes and screenshots the whole time, so it's been a GREAT learning experience irregard...I think I can say that I FINALLY have an exit strategy for Failed Entries that I am fully comfortable with. :D
But yeah, as far as taking screenshots, I had a week where I slept no more than 2-3 hours at a time, b/c I desired to take continuous screenshots around-the-clock.]]

As far as 2,4,6 Accumulation goes, I was originally in agreement with 39% ducks and adding a zero in 7 targets, but it looks like I might be better starting out with 12 targets of 21.2%, or 10 targets of 25.9%, and then after hitting a few targets and getting more comfortable with putting my max lev trades on pause and re-entering, I will go back up to 39% targets.

In all honesty, it's possible that I am better with my entries than I give myself credit for...

In a way, building up to Max Leverage and then resetting after a duck, (or even putting the trade on pause as a 'Virtual Hedge' in order to reach that duck) kind of feels like this. It feels like I took a VW Beetle, converted it into a Lamborghini, and then put the pedal to the metal for......one breath in, one breath out.
Like, when I make a Lamborghini, I want to take that sh!t to the Utah Salt Flats, and firmly stand on the pedal like I'm at the bus stop waiting for that next bus to arrive!
{{Feel free to switch 'Lamborghini' with 'Procharged Mopar' if that makes the analogy more relevant for you :lol: }}
Anyways, that's just something mental that I have to get myself comfortable with.

The way I understand it with accumulation, even when you DO build up to max lev, it doesn't mean that you necessarily have to hold THAT trade to your % target. So yeah, my issue is closing that trade as a 'Virtual Hedge'/'Putting my SPACE on ice' , and then at some point, re-entering at that same maxed out leverage. ((I kind of wrote about this issue recently, I know...just mental roadblocks :( SMH .)
I don't know...maybe once I've made it to max leverage and then need to VHedg it, I should do my re-entries at 50% of the max lev and then just double that after PA has proved itself...
I think I'll try that then...this way, if my re-entry attempt is no good, my losses will only be half the impact on the *MAX LEV pips* I had gained;
But, if my reentry is good, I'll double up to get back to max lev again, and my average line for max lev (a 50% RET) should end up around something respectable, PA-wise.
Or, perhaps I would do a 40% max lev reentry, and then I could add-in the other 60% at a 40% RET.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

A Convo to Remember,1

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:38 pm

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

A Convo to Remember,2

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:39 pm

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:01 pm

https://www.kreslik.com/forums/post82914#p82914

:idea: TygerKrane :idea: wrote: I make blueprints...if PA goes the way I imagined it, I'm hitting it hard, so to speak. If PA does not go the way I imagined it, my losses are minimal, or, I'm not in the market altogether. I don't care if 8 out of 10 blueprints are crap right from the start and I look like a total noob...the 2 blueprints that are correct will get pressed SO HARD, you wouldn't believe that I was trading on U.S. restricted leverage limits.

H8/H2/M15:

D1/H8/H2:

Looks like TygerKrane has caught a tiger by the tail 8)

And, ummm, yeahhhhh, taking profits on this one? Naturally, I am looking for a HUGE move Short to commence from here on out, thinking that there has been enough consolidation by big money up here.
Well, I already stated my idea about how to better handle my VHedging, as far as FULLY closing the trade at some point, and hopefully being able to get my max lev back in at HIGHER price (!hopefully!).
I need to go back to my previous post from a few months backs and think about my whole attitude towards sidestepping these inevitable PB's versus holding my trade throughout them.

Well, I'll tell you TWO things that might make it easier for me this time around:
1) the way I do my PA analysis, I *actually DO* see a reason for PA to PB Long to 0.7300 again
2) **IF** this pair opens up with a gap down, it becomes a no-brainer that PA will retrace long to close the gap; so in THAT case, it would be pretty idiotic for me to blindly hold onto my Short. {Of course, I have already proved that I have NO FEAR being idiotic in the face of wickedly profitable trades; snatching DEFEAT from the jaws of VICTORY :lol: !!! }

So now, I just need to be available to monitor the markets in the first few opening hours; ¿who knows?

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:09 am

F#¢k it.
Took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and clipped it.
(5½ hours later, it's looking like a SUPER idea that I decided to do so.)

The only question left is in regards to my re-entries:
1) should I completely reset my leverage and start over,
or,
2) should I split my last lot size into 4 (quadrupling the 70 pips SPACE I got) ((but not putting ALL of that SPACE back out there to risk.))

Also important to note that since I DID take profit, my new max lots is actually LARGER,
so even if I split my last trading size in four, and then add in four times,

I will still have MORE lots to add in to get to my new max lev...
Last edited by TygerKrane on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:14 am

You really don't have to use all your space or
max out your leverage for that matter if you are
targeting 21% targets.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “beginners forum”