TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 4

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:07 am

:!: :!: :!:

Week 4
6/18/12 - 6/22/12
17 entries
-2.86%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Got stopped out on some trades that would've gotten me to break even for the week. Then didn't feel like trading the reversal part of my trading plan {AU Short}-- which would've brought me over the top for a positive week.
But I can say for certain...WAITING is not my problem.
    [¤1] I'm s-u-p-e-r comfortable with my entry checklist
    [¤2] If the market moves without me, I only have minimal attachment to the pips that could've been. {...for the time being...}

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote::!: :!: :!:

Version 2.0

$1150 - 40% = $690

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 & 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
4/16/12 - 4/20/12
17 entries
-2.41%

Week 2
4/23/12 - 4/27/12
14 entries
-1.96%

So, I'm just updating the records before I continue b/c I do want to keep on posting my account like that.

Other than that:

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

So it looks like I will be planting 2:1lev seedlings at this point.

¤ I am still trading by just price action, but am embarking on a TOTALLY different way of viewing the charts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, what I learned on vacation, is that THIS girl always cheers me the hell up:

♫♥♥ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♥♥♫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

~Krane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
6/11/12 - 6/15/12
5 entries
-2.64%

ummm, lost 132 pips in 5 entries?? :roll:
2:1lev entries.

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Re: Waiting for my Long Entry

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 am

TygerKrane wrote:EJ

Waiting for my Long Entry...the worst that can happen is that price keeps going down without me:

EJ Long Entry:

Stopped Out:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:15 am

AU Long Entry:

Stopped Out:

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:39 am

Hi Krane,

Good to see you posting again, I havent seen ya in the room in a long time.
How has the trading been going for you? Are the green circles the entry point witht the red being the set stop at the time of entry?

dojirock
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

TygerKrane

Re: Waiting for my Long Entry

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:21 am

TygerKrane wrote:AU

Waiting for my Long Entry

Rule for trading against the W1 candle:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:55 pm

dojirock wrote:Hi Krane,

Good to see you posting again, I havent seen ya in the room in a long time.
How has the trading been going for you? Are the green circles the entry point witht the red being the set stop at the time of entry?

dojirock

Whaddup doji,
Yep, the green circles are entries and the reds are stops set at time of entry.

Well you KNOW how the trading has been going account-wise :lol:
But I definitely feel mostly on top of the Discipline & Patience factors. Actually, the way I'm going about discipline makes my trading path opposite of yours: I would eventually be wondering how to get from longer term trading to scalping!! There is NO WAY I could maintain a -5% weekly max loss while scalping, unless I stopped trading a few hours into Tuesday :oops:

I wasn't able trade for a bit b/c I was preparing for a trip, and then I went on said trip... I tried to pull away completely from trading to prepare, but that was impossible, so I was making/refining observations the whole time. It was actually kind of scary that I couldn't really {completely} pull away from the charts...
(I'm well aware this is WAY more of a response than you expected :) )

You, on the other hand, have been starting to tear it up with your scalps, congrats!

~Krane

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:34 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:I need to ask for 3 more things:
- Is Your BIAS is determined by CURRENT W1 candle?
- Is H1/H3 breakout (breakout -> pullback) the only entry method You use?

- When You're looking at Your trading what seems to be the biggest problem? Discipline? Wrong entry points? Wrong exits? Maybe smth else?

Bias is determined by the current W1 candle, but is not always a strict line from the opening price. For example if a MOMO starts on one side of the week and crosses over to the other side of the week, then I will use that MOMO origin as the Bias Line and not the weekly open price; I can put up a picture later.

For trading in the weekly direction, I am trying to enter on pullbacks, if PA doesn't give me a sweet pullback setup to get in on, I'll trade the breakout in the weekly direction with a smaller SL. (I don't want to put my full risk-per-trade on an entry that was less than optimal.)

For trading against the weekly direction, this is done only through breakouts. The outline for this is in the second previous post
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=63189#63189

I can't really say what my biggest problem is right now; but I can say that I am not caught up in trying to find 100% perfection entries, nor am I caught up in trying to catch every turn of the market. Showing to you guys that I am maintaining a weekly loss rate of -5% max helps with my discipline and not overtrading. Knowing that I'm not trying to get every turn of the market helps with patience. Knowing pretty much exactly what i'm waiting for in candles helps with patience. (YES, there are some times when I have a little conflict on whether or not to take an entry, but that is mainly b/c I trade with three shifts of the H3 charts to help determine when a pullback is ending.)

Also, withnail's current sig states it pretty nicely:
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

Other than that, I'm in the beginning stages of this trading method that I started outlining for you. I feel comfortable with where the idea came from.

Thanks,
~Krane

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Bias is determined by the current W1 candle, but is not always a strict line from the opening price. For example if a MOMO starts on one side of the week and crosses over to the other side of the week, then I will use that MOMO origin as the Bias Line and not the weekly open price; I can put up a picture later.

Let's start with the same picture marked up multiple times!!
(I don't feel like mucking up one chart with tons of lines.)

W1 Bias Line determination:

1st W1 Reverse Breakout Opportunity:

2nd W1 Reverse Breakout Opportunity:

Other than that, W1 Reverse Breakouts are OPTIONAL, so I try not to beat myself up too much if I don't take them. For these two scenarios, I could very easily pass up on the the 1st W1 Reverse Breakout in expectation of the larger pullback/Zline into the bearish MOMO. If I end up having a slow week with few trades, so be it. Missing the 2nd W1 Breakout Reversal...a bit more annoying, but I won't let it affect my ability to be Patient and Wait Skillfully.

¤Any questions? :wink:

~Krane

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 am

It's a shame that I REALLY have to go to sleep.
I think I'll set a Stop Limit Order @99.75... (for a Short)

:-k :-k :-k

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 5

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Week 5
6/25/12 - 6/29/12
23 entries
7.63%

The weekly gain was almost not as much as you see there. After stalking GU for a bit, I caught a great Short on it, added into, and watched it keep going in my direction. I then started looking at W1 chart to see where I might could target for long term. At some point I decided to just get out though, and it was one hell of an exit. I got out 6.5pips above the low 2 hours before it started it's reverse ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY ORIGINAL ENTRY!! Of course for me, that was pure luck as an exit.
For the coming week, I kind of want to use some of this profit to perhaps build leverage into my trades more quickly and aim for shorter targets.

Other than that, kind of want to remind myself of this:

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote::!: :!: :!:

Version 2.0

$1150 - 40% = $690

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 & 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
4/16/12 - 4/20/12
17 entries
-2.41%

Week 2
4/23/12 - 4/27/12
14 entries
-1.96%

So, I'm just updating the records before I continue b/c I do want to keep on posting my account like that.

Other than that:

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

So it looks like I will be planting 2:1lev seedlings at this point.

¤ I am still trading by just price action, but am embarking on a TOTALLY different way of viewing the charts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, what I learned on vacation, is that THIS girl always cheers me the hell up:

♫♥♥ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♥♥♫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

~Krane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
6/11/12 - 6/15/12
5 entries
-2.64%

ummm, lost 132 pips in 5 entries?? :roll:
2:1lev entries.

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 4 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 4
6/18/12 - 6/22/12
17 entries
-2.86%

Got stopped out on some trades that would've gotten me to break even for the week. Then didn't feel like trading the reversal part of my trading plan {AU Short}-- which would've brought me over the top for a positive week.
But I can say for certain...WAITING is not my problem.
    [¤1] I'm s-u-p-e-r comfortable with my entry checklist
    [¤2] If the market moves without me, I only have minimal attachment to the pips that could've been. {...for the time being...}

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “beginners forum”