TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:49 am

Captain Pugwash wrote:Hi Tyger

I have held back from saying this for a few months now.

And , I know this is none of my business :oops:.....but.

Maybe you are not doing yourself any favours posting your account to the world- it might just be an unwanted stress? - in the background decision making of all your trades?

It seemed a really good idea when you first started - but if the psychological effect has not resulted with what you first intended - it might be time to drop the experiment?

You would lose no kudos (from me) if you went back to your old journaling technique.

sorry if I am out of order mate - no offence intended

Hey whaddup Cap'n!!
Your concern is truly, truly, duly noted & I appreciate you coming through with an opinion.
I'm very sure at this point that I want to continue like this; but it seems that a lot of people would worry about the quality of their trading decisions while doing the same, so I guest it's human nature. :lol:
I see it like this: 95% of people fail blah, blah, blah
I have no problem showing that I am failing too.
I will be [s]proud of[/s] happy with myself as a loser if I can at least lose responsibly.
It has affected my trading in that I can now more wisely assess the risk I take for my particular, current trading style.
It hasn't negatively affected my 'per trade' decisions b/c I am really forced to understand what I am looking for before I put my risk out there. (I know, I know, it sounds contradictory, "If you're sooo forced to understand what you are looking for FIRST, then why are you still unsuccessful??" -to which my only reply is :roll: )

Prevent big losses and only allow for upward account volatility; I realized I can't make trading my sole source of income if my method/discipline involves violent downward account spikes...

Thanks Again,
~ Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 am

Hi Krane,

Sorry if I'm asking for too much but can You take me quickly trough Your trading plan / approach / strategy?

I see that You're very determined to make it in this business and I'd like to help. Maybe I can somehow.

Cheers.
im gluten free intolerant

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:Hi Krane,

Sorry if I'm asking for too much but can You take me quickly trough Your trading plan / approach / strategy?

I see that You're very determined to make it in this business and I'd like to help. Maybe I can somehow.

Cheers.

Ok pawel,
I'll take you up on that, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to know, so I'll start with this:
    ¤2:1lev entries
    ¤5% or less loss per week
    ¤Attempt to build into a trade to achieve a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks (at least once a month). 20:1lev with 100pips is 20%.
    ¤Mainly trading in the direction of the weekly candle.
I have some provisions for trading against the weekly candle, but would consider them scalps. They are still 2:1lev entries, trading H3/H1 breakouts (or breakout►pullback►entry) as the weekly candle creates a wick out of what was once the weekly candle body.
I am more eager to trade these breakouts against the weekly candle direction if I am already in profit, or breakeven for the week. As I am looking to make my main money off of the elongation of the weekly candle, if I am negative for the week, I am more hesitant about adding more losses by constantly changing direction. (But I will still take trades.)

Let me know what else you wanna know,
Krane
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Week 3

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Week 3
6/11/12 - 6/15/12
5 entries
-2.64%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

ummm, lost 132 pips in 5 entries?? :roll:
2:1lev entries.

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]
[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11 - 24 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback, v2.0[/font][/highlight] wrote::!: :!: :!:

Version 2.0

$1150 - 40% = $690

Instant Self-Discipline - Ver. 2.0, Weeks 1 & 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
4/16/12 - 4/20/12
17 entries
-2.41%

:!: :!: :!:

Week 2
4/23/12 - 4/27/12
14 entries
-1.96%

So, I'm just updating the records before I continue b/c I do want to keep on posting my account like that.

Other than that:

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

So it looks like I will be planting 2:1lev seedlings at this point.

¤ I am still trading by just price action, but am embarking on a TOTALLY different way of viewing the charts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, what I learned on vacation, is that THIS girl always cheers me the hell up:

♫♥♥ Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♥♥♫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

~Krane
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Its 00:28 at night here.
Thanks for the reply Krane!

Ill get back to Your response tomorrow.

TygerKrane

A Week 3 trade

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:26 am

EJ Short:

Stopped Out:

Afterwards:

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:31 pm

I need to ask for 3 more things:
- Is Your BIAS is determined by CURRENT W1 candle?
- Is H1/H3 breakout (breakout -> pullback) the only entry method You use?

- When You're looking at Your trading what seems to be the biggest problem? Discipline? Wrong entry points? Wrong exits? Maybe smth else?

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Waiting for Your reply I'd like to comment on Your trade.

Actually it was a good trade. But it was a bit late for a short. Also keeping in mind the PROFIT MARGIN. Exit was the worst part. Lets see:

1 - It's rarely a good idea to trade into such a mess. There are levels on top of levels everywhere and it's easy to get tapped.

Also those last two closed candles (DOWN -> UP) made a fakeout of that consolidation so it's more likely that they went into order stack area and got some liquidity to go higher.

Last but not least it was a ZL on H3 and also a demand area. Also last closed bull candle was momentum compared to it's recent past.

2 - All those white lines are levels of possible trouble. So the profit margin was really small on that one.

3 - Look how price got rejected from this level. Which brings us to nr 4

4 - Look at all those rejections. You went straight into support.

But as I said. You were right about that rejection from the top and there were pips to be made but You were too late. Price did make a pin bar but remember to trade PRICE not CANDLES.

And this:

Price made here classic double bottom and turned with the momentum. Sitting with position like this one was hoping not trading. You could easily go out with about half of that loss and go back in if it resumes it's move downward.

Waiting for answers to questions from my previous post : )

TygerKrane

Waiting for my Long Entry

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:28 am

EJ

Waiting for my Long Entry...the worst that can happen is that price keeps going down without me:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 pm

AU

Return to “beginners forum”