TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

MightyOne image Remixes

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:35 am

Because I know you guys secretly love it whenever I scribble all over MightyOne's images :o

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:16 pm

So we have:
1)Entry Short, 5:1lev @88.14
2)14pips later, 2nd Entry, 5:1lev @88.00, (at this point, you are up .7%; 14pips away from your 5:1lev Entry line)
3)17pips later, 3rd Entry, 10:1lev @87.83 (at this point, you are up 2.4%; 24pips away from your 10:1lev Average line)
4)27pips after the 3rd Entry, exit @87.56 (at this point, you are up 8%; 40pips away from your 20:1lev Average line)

**Total Distance: 58pips for 8%

:-k :-k :-k

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

More Adding-In related {not SPACE WARS} #1

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:55 pm

[font=Courier New][highlight=darkgreen]So, Apparently I'm not the ONLY one who has had issues with adding in... [/highlight][/font] :P

:?: newark18 :?: wrote:My only issue now is adding lots. When are you fairly certain that the retracement is over? The way I see it, there are many options:

MightyOne wrote: It depends on the timeframe...

Ideally you want to get as many lots in there as possible.

Realistically you are probably going to be setting 60-80% RETs until you get your position onto the daily+ chart

If you have balls the size of Alliasmith (my balls aren't even that big :shock: ) you will be at 100:1 before you ever get to the daily chart :lol:

[highlight=#0066FF]♦♦Realistically you are probably going to be setting 60-80% RETs until you get your position onto the daily+ chart[/highlight]

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:31 am

[highlight=#0066FF]♦♦If you have balls the size of Alliasmith (my balls aren't even that big :shock: ) you will be at 100:1 before you ever get to the daily chart :lol:[/highlight]
Relates to this post, but aliassmith has apparently made his entries a bit less aggressive since.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

More Adding-In related {not SPACE WARS} #2

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:06 pm

:!: MightyOne :!: wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:[highlight=darkred]Looking for lessons on how to best handle the consolidation part...[/highlight]
Waiting for outcome to compare with what happened yesterday...
Trying to cut down on my drawdowns. (and my overall horrible trading, lol.)

{even though my helpful note from Pablo101 said: "You guys really need to wait for MOMO"}

Are you starting with and trading based on a high TF chart?

[highlight=#66FF66]If so then you will start off with a 1/5 or 1/4 position[/highlight] and [highlight=#CC99FF]increase your position size as larger periods of time close over stronger and stronger imaginary lines.[/highlight]

:!: MightyOne :!: wrote:
lazygeorge wrote:Hi all,

If MO or someone could clarify this for me,would a MZ be valid after such a period of time......seems to be holding.......

You want to keep your trades to within 2 periods after MOMO unless there is an XYXY pattern repeating.

[highlight=#66FF66]In your picture, I would be trading short or maybe feeling for a bottom with a small order.[/highlight]

[highlight=#CC99FF]If I got half a position out there and price closed beyond that wick located 2 months to the left then I would feel all warm and fuzzy inside (after which I would trade off monthly low extremes to get the rest of my position out there).[/highlight]

[highlight=#66FF66]If so then you will start off with a 1/5 or 1/4 position[/highlight] = [highlight=#66FF66]In your picture, ... maybe feeling for a bottom with a small order[/highlight]

&

[highlight=#CC99FF]increase your position size as larger periods of time close over stronger and stronger imaginary lines[/highlight] = [highlight=#CC99FF]If ... price closed beyond that wick ... then I would feel all warm and fuzzy inside (... I would trade off monthly low extremes to get the rest of my position out there)[/highlight]

TygerKrane

More Adding-In related {not SPACE WARS} #3

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:16 pm

:smt075 MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:So apparently, I'm so worried about my breakeven order getting 'wicked' before going onto bigger profits, that I am just letting my full stop get hit?!?
#-o

What IS my profit taking philosophy exactly??

I guess no one ever went broke taking a profit?? I'm making this way more difficult than it needs to be...

"I guess no one ever went broke taking a profit" -TygerKrane

I never want to hear you say that again :lol: or any other fear speech that leads to mediocrity.

What you could do is place 1/2 your order [highlight=#FFCCFF]and then place the other 1/2 when you are convinced that your first trade can be safely held[/highlight].

[highlight=cyan]Wait for a longer candle and then liquidate at the highest high or highest close.[/highlight]

[highlight=#0066FF]♦♦when you are convinced that your first trade can be safely held.[/highlight]

MightyOne wrote:http://i26.tinypic.com/2vk0shd.gif { from the post: http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=44062#44062 }
A unit is x amount of currency...
if you have a 10,000 account then 1u = 10,000c (currency).

No entry points are shown.

The solid orange lines are average entries.

The two dotted blue lines is an area of resistance.

-4.5% is the maximum risk on the trade:

5u: 90 pips = -4.5%
10u: 45 pips = -4.5%
25u: 18 pips = -4.5%

[highlight=yellow]The greater the number of units the more you rely on your cushion of profit to shield you from adverse moves.[/highlight]

[highlight=#0066FF]♦♦The greater the number of units the more you rely on your cushion of profit to shield you from adverse moves.[/highlight]

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=43222#43222 wrote:
MightyOne wrote: Let us say that you have $1,000 and are willing to risk $45 or 4.5%

10 to 1 leverage is 10,000c which is ($1?) per pip or a total wiggle room of 45 pips.

When you increase your position size by 10 to 1 then your wiggle room = 22.5 [highlight=yellow]+ CushionOfProfit[/highlight]

aliassmith wrote:Interesting. Wiggle room plus "cushion of profit". After I add I don't even
consider taking a loss. I figured that if I have my average correct then
price moving near my average would be an indication to bail.

MightyOne wrote: I don't worry about a Wick Doll spiking my first average...

the second average is another story :wink:

--*back to the beginning*--
[highlight=#0066FF]♦♦Wait for a longer candle and then liquidate at the highest high or highest close.[/highlight]

MightyOne wrote:There are only 3 places that I will exit a trade:

1. The highest close.

For whatever reason, I believe the price moved too far too fast and it is unlikely that price will make an even higher high.

2. The highest high

Not giving the money back is how you keep it ;)

This is technically 1 but...

3. A close above the highest high.

I want to exit but the price action has been extremely trendy so I will see if I can get a close above the highest high.

Look at the previous PA for bodies that that stand out as being large compared to the surrounding bodies and wait for a similar body before choosing exit method 1, 2, or 3.

[highlight=#66CC33]Look at the previous PA for bodies that that stand out as being large compared to the surrounding bodies and wait for a similar body before choosing exit method 1, 2, or 3.[/highlight]
I can do this. I can look at previous PA and see which bodies are large (or equally large) as compared to the other bodies before making an exit decision. This would make a good indication for me to get out of a trade, without afterwards criticizing myself that I only got out of a trade b/c I was too scared; I would rather be getting out of a trade b/c a drew a logical conclusion from the chart's PA. ►►The logical conclusion being that a large candle that matches to other recent large candles might visually/psychologically/subliminally signal to other traders an exhaustion point, and therefore get them into profit-taking mode (therefore a retracement.) In my opinion, The reason why one can still target extremes or the extreme close of a candle at this point is b/c there will probably be some traders (in-profit) who still want to try and make the continuation move occur (i.e. keep the MOMO-entum going) + plus the late comer traders.

pupu69

Downloads?

Postby pupu69 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 am

Hi guys im new to this forum, i just tried to download indicators and i get an error is there another site or place where can i get them? Thank you.

TygerKrane

Things that shouldn't need to be repeated

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 am

[highlight=darkgrey][font=Times New Roman]Apparently, I need to keep telling myself this:[/font][/highlight]
http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=58997#58997

:idea: MightyOne :idea: {Sep. 22, 2010} wrote:
lukx wrote:Kids, Do NOT TRY THIS at home :) this how ends trading off the extreme and not using SL like MO in my case :) :

bye bye another account .

No, not like MO :lol:

MO trades in the direction of profit and only has 4.5-5% of his account at risk on a single trade.

My initial position size is such that a 45-90 pip move against me would amount to a loss of 4.5%; not that I would sit there and do nothing as price moved 90 pips against me...

So please spare me your quarter-flip entries, lack of planning, and overall idiocy :wink:
[highlight=#bbbbbb]<The above post calculates to 5:1lev ~ 10:1lev for the initial position size>[/highlight]

[highlight=#FFCCCC][font=Lucida Console]¤I'll try to limit my losses to -5% a week. [/font][/highlight]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Entries at:[/font]
2:1 lev = -250pips = -5%
5:1 lev = -100pips = -5%
10:1 lev = -50pips = -5%

[highlight=darkgrey][font=Times New Roman]Really simple, doesn't need to be repeated, but what the heck:[/font][/highlight]

MightyOne wrote: I find that placing a stop below the extreme leads to more favorable results than a static SL.

If the risk is too great then just shave a few lots off of your entry.

Just my opinion...

[highlight=orange]==========================================================================[/highlight]

[highlight=darkgrey][font=Times New Roman]Also, retardedly simple and shouldn't need repeating, but lets bring it to the forefront anyway:[/font][/highlight]

#-o MightyOne wrote: One can hold for big pips, but that person needs to remember to exit high and buy back some time during the reversal...and maybe repeat this step once more before coming to rest as a flee on the elephants back.

[font=Verdana][highlight=violet]As for this last section, I am going to adapt it to my experiences trading; it may not be how MightyOne initially meant it, but I will use it as such:[/highlight][/font]

I will keep this in mind when PA reaches that target zone that I want to trade from, whether I am trading off a higher timeframe extreme, or if a retracement has (possibly) completed --and now I'm trying to get in on the main direction. I think I've sufficiently proved that my Ultimate Pivot Picking skills suck. :lol: {perhaps it's my fault, perhaps it is just the nature of PA movement, it doesn't really matter, I just need to adjust.} I will use the above suggestion in my beginning fight to get in at a turn of the market. If my initial entry is usually NOT THE ultimate turn of the market, I might as well just take some quick pips and WAIT to buy back.

I think the way I would like to go about this is, I'll take the quick exits on beginning trades, always at my beginning entry leverage (even after I've accumulated pips from previous trades. I will try not to consider adding into the trade until after it has moved out of my area. I don't want to start taking higher leverage entries (even if it is with accumulated profits, just to find out that the retracement area or weekly extreme is not THE PLACE --as price shoots against me.) In other words I will wait for, [highlight=blue]when I am convinced that my first trade can be safely held.[/highlight]
(Yes, I know this is all really subjective and hard to give definite parameters on when I will do each step.)
(I will also remind myself, that even if a trade entry looks like it can be safely held, Anything Can Happen.)

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:06 am

Continued from last section of previous post:

Avoiding this type of sh!t~►

Paper Trade, Entry Short:

Result:

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 20-24 - FAILED CAMPAIGN

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Week 20
3/12/12 - 3/16/12
19 entries
-20.74%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I wanted my re-trading debut to be EPIC...oh yes, it was :oops:
I have the actual pics of how the trade unfolded, I just don't feel like going through and marking them up now...would be interesting if at some point I did tho. I was taking pics step-by-step of me going through and using SPACE WARS (just alot of detail about showing on the chart through Fibs where my new POS would lie; where my 40% Line In the Sand would lie; before and after pics of my space adjustments; and sometimes how my SPACE looked in relation to larger timeframes. It's a pretty thorough collection of screenshots, if I do say so myself.) :wink:
However, in one of the next posts, I have diagrammed what I basically did.

Week 21
3/19/11 - 3/23/12
0 entries
0%

I got ferociously sick & managed to get over it rather quickly, then I was entertaining out-of-town guests who came to visit.

Week 22
3/26/11 - 3/30/12
11 entries
-15.87%

Pretty much I traded the same overly-risky way that I did in Week 20. I thought, "It couldn't happen two times in a row." Well, I guess also traded so risky again b/c the account was so close to my endpoint, and also the fact that everyone was talking about that ~$600million lottery payout that was building up.
I actually also have a pretty detailed screenshot collection for this week as well... But again my diagram in one of the next two posts explains it all rather quite simply.

Week 23
4/2/11 - 4/6/12
0 entries
0%

No trading and no refilling of the account until I report observations...and just overall super-busy.

Week 24
4/9/11 - 4/13/12
0 entries
0%

No trading and no refilling of the account until I report observations...and just overall super-busy.

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback[/font][/highlight] wrote:
Weeks 11, 12 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 11
1/9/11 - 1/13/11
24 entries
-6.41%

Well for my trading in general, I have recently been choosing a pair, drawing a line on the previous day's D1 candle (by zooming into the H1 and looking for an area), and trading Long above Short below.
Friday was the day that killed me for this week, I was hotheaded and stubborn the way I managed the trading that day. I was pretty much stalking my charts day and night, trying to accumulate a profit cushion so I could roll it into a big position. I was trading mostly AU. I have no idea why it was so hard for me to accumulate anything this week. Not that I've been having super-great results thus far, BUT for the fact that I was so glued to my computer this particular week, it was baffling/irritating how I kept missing what I needed. By Thurs night/Fri, I was no more than -1%. I put my foot down and declared "Profit cushion or not, I'm making my big AU trade NOW!"

The PA over the last two days looked to be setting up nicely, plus there was a nice bit of D1 Zlining that just happened, so I figured a swing low had been set --and that I had the all clear to go prematurely higher leverage...that sh!t spiked/whiplashed so bad, I was checking my calendar to see if was NFP day, LOL. And it definitely was just a spike where price pretty much recovered back to previous levels...The most irritating part of that spike being, that even if I had caught my OPTIMAL entry and was holding it from TWO DAYS BACK, that area/ swing low got violated as well.

I have to say, at the current moment, if I'm building up a position, I don't like the idea of placing Stop orders to automatically shed lots for me, I'd much rather try and be more personally involved at that time, but maybe I am just being backwards...

I know, I know, pictures would help, I have 'em; lets see if I can get them out.

Week 12
1/16/11 - 1/20/11
10 entries
CLOSED TRADES=4.24% | CLOSED TRADES [plus] OPEN POSITIONS=13.75%

Surprisingly few trades this week.

Gradually circling in and narrowing down my entry criteria and finding the ltf PA that makes me go :)
Different Stop Losses and maybe Entry Leverage as I rank my entry setups.
Will need to write these down several times over I suppose as I try to prioritize and rank them.
Hopefully, soon (while understanding that I am NOT trying to find a Holy Grail of entries) I will feel satisfied enough in them to commit them to Procedural Memory.

Trading based on Daily line has been a GREAT help as far as helping analyze what I'm doing for entries. Just flip-flopping my bias with each MOMO and then trying to find what makes a good entry good through all that definitely complicated things more for me than they needed to be.

As for attaining one-ness with my Entries, recently, it's not so much a lightbulb going off, as it is a lightbulb wavering (? is that the right word?); dim, then bright, then dim, then BRIGHT, then DIM, then Bright...

A more deliberate attempt of using SPACE WARS this week. I think I have some great step-by-step pictures of how I went about the whole thing, will definitely be a good review to me, I was surprised how I was able to flow into using it maybe. Maybe I was just having a clear thinking week.

Definitely, built up into a great AU trade this week though, ended Friday with a beautiful picture of my trading station. Of course the positions are still open, so I can't call the profits mine...I don't want to close it though, it looks like quite the nice breakout, even if it means that some Zlining is about to occur (a.k.a. a PERFECT opportunity for those who prefer to trade the Breakout Bounce...) {SPACE don't fail me now, lol}

[highlight=#FF6600]===============================================================================================================[/highlight]

Other than that, Krane is about to have a WHOLE LOT LESS free time...{sigh}, but for good reasons at least.
___1}I have to undergo intense foreign language study
___2}I just received this badboy, and I'ma try and go ALL-IN on it
______<< While you're on that page, check out "Sexy Beast Workout Tutorial"; Czech Republic FTW!!! >>

How to Change the World (Hint: It Starts with You)

Nowhere near as good as the We Are Traders video, but it has its merits nonetheless...

Weeks 13 - 18 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 13
1/23/11 - 1/27/11
39 entries
CLOSED TRADES=4.65% | CLOSED TRADES [plus] OPEN POSITIONS=-4.10%

At one point during the week, my intra-week gains had me only 5.6% away from my initial starting balance of $1250. I then got super-aggressive stupidly and hit myself with my own leverage sword. :lol:
I wonder if I can find some of my likeable trades from the week for review...

After that, busy season kicked in hardcore at the j-o-b and all I could really do was observe the market...that and come home and hit up The Rack.

Week 14
1/30/11 - 2/3/11
0 entries
0%

Week 15
2/6/11 - 2/10/11
0 entries
0%

Week 16
2/13/11 - 2/17/11
0 entries
0%

Week 17
2/20/11 - 2/24/11
0 entries
0%

Week 18
2/27/11 - 3/2/11
0 entries
0%

[highlight=#FF6600]===============================================================================================================[/highlight]

OMG, this busy season was off the hook!!...every busy season pushes me to perfect my trading skill...so that I don't need to be around for another busy season :!:

It looks like I still need another week to cross some t's and dot some i's on my workflow, so Week 19 might be another goose egg.
I hate the mild anxiety I get when it's time to start 're-trading'.

I just need to remember and keep repeating my "Calm the -F- Down" mantra:

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57488#57488 {slightly reworded}
[font=Comic Sans MS][highlight=darkgreen]Turning on my trading station and reacting to what the charts present to me, as I get to my destination, [/highlight]
[highlight=darkgreen]should feel no different than [/highlight]
[highlight=darkgreen]Turning on my car and reacting to what the roads present to me, as I get to my destination.[/highlight][/font]

Week 19 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 19
3/5/11 - 3/9/11
0 entries
0%

I could totally use just one more week to feel a bit more confident about how I want to trade, but as I look back and see that it's now been 6 weeks of NO TRADING...well that's not exactly progress either...

Good things happened during the break, no doubt:

but now, it's time to get back to business :smt027
I'll figure out the rest as I go along :twisted:

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TygerKrane

Last bit of reminders to push me forward

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:08 pm

[highlight=#BBBBBB][font=Times New Roman]Yes, I WILL repeat this to myself again:[/font][/highlight]

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=58997#58997
[highlight=#FFCCCC][font=Lucida Console]¤I'll try to limit my losses to -5% a week. [/font][/highlight]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Entries at:[/font]
2:1 lev = -250pips = -5%
5:1 lev = -100pips = -5%
10:1 lev = -50pips = -5%

***********************************************************************************
3:1 lev = -166pips = -5%__________6 entries getting hit at a full 25pip SL
4:1 lev = -125pips = -5%__________5 entries getting hit at a full 25pip SL

Lets build rocketships to insanity:

[highlight=lightgreen]4:1 + 4:1 + 12:1 = 20:1
Set your POS (and your AVG) on a RET of:
Entry + 50%RET + 40%RET[/highlight]

[highlight=yellow]3:1 + 3:1 + 6:1 + 13:1 = 25:1
Entry + 50%RET + 50%RET + 48%RET[/highlight]

[highlight=pink]3:1 + 3:1 + 6:1 + 18:1 = 30:1
Entry + 50%RET + 50%RET + 40%RET[/highlight]

Building up to 20:1 & 25:1 trades are what I am considering, I put up the 30:1 just to see the math.

Trying to consider when I might prefer the 4:1 start as opposed to the 3:1 start. {Maybe the 3:1 start is just plain ineffective by using 4 entries, instead of 3, to get to the desired leverage.}

Perhaps 3:1 entries I would consider if it looks like I'm getting in at the beginning of a weekly trend. (Anticipating that I would have a longer amount of time to do 4 entries.)
Therefore 4:1 entries would be for getting into continuations of a weekly trend.
Maybe it's irrelevant, no problem; I think I prefer 4:1 entries, as it gets me straight to the point quicker.

[hr][hr][highlight=#FF9933]****************************************************************************************[/highlight][hr][hr]
I had this problem with adding into my trades stupidly, here is a diagram:

I already have the answer that I will have to remind myself of, but I just wanted to mention the stupidity anyway

[highlight=#0066FF]♦♦The greater the number of units the more you rely on your cushion of profit to shield you from adverse moves.[/highlight]
:!: :!: Basically, I added greater numbers of lots not because I ALREADY HAD a cushion of profit with which to shield me,
:!: :!: but because I thought the market WOULD GIVE ME a cushion of profit to shield me thereafter.

TygerKrane

No Pause Necessary; Back with a Vengeance

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 pm

So I am refilling my account and getting back into trading right away because, the way I trade has changed dramatically from when I first started this experiment, so I don't feel the need to pull back from trading OR posting what is going on with my account. (If I felt lost after losing the money, then yeah, I would have to go into my own little vacuum to try and figure things out. <and probably start pestering MO through PM :P >) As for where I am now tho, I love my entries, if I could, I would marry them and would never cheat on them :smt057

So, yeah, I'm busy as hell with a lot of other things going on this month...but lets get it on

I'll refill my account, and trade and post results until I go -40% (which I don't plan on letting happen easily, if at all.)

Other than that, Notice my [s]reluctance[/s] inability to quit :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what I had in mind when I was pulverizing my account into nothingness those last two trading weeks~►

from my earlier post~►http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=62048#62048
I've heard the concept mentioned around here, but never saw anyone do the actual math, so here is what I came up with:

To add one zero to your account by the end of a year :arrow:

You need a 21.2% gain a month compounded for 12 months
----------------
To add two zeros to your account by the end of a year :arrow:

You need a 46.8% gain a month compounded for 12 months

Considering that you need a 106pip run at 20:1 leverage (not taking into account any additional percentage gains from building into that 20:1lev postion):

](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So this is what I really have to share with you,

My ultimate goal, is to maintain a -%5 max loss each week, while maneuvering myself into a 20% trade every 2-3 weeks. :shock:

(I hate to set limits on myself, but, I honestly can't even imagine needing to strive for anything more.)

Return to “beginners forum”