TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 11, 12

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:08 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Week 11
1/9/11 - 1/13/11
24 entries
-6.41%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Well for my trading in general, I have recently been choosing a pair, drawing a line on the previous day's D1 candle (by zooming into the H1 and looking for an area), and trading Long above Short below.
Friday was the day that killed me for this week, I was hotheaded and stubborn the way I managed the trading that day. I was pretty much stalking my charts day and night, trying to accumulate a profit cushion so I could roll it into a big position. I was trading mostly AU. I have no idea why it was so hard for me to accumulate anything this week. Not that I've been having super-great results thus far, BUT for the fact that I was so glued to my computer this particular week, it was baffling/irritating how I kept missing what I needed. By Thurs night/Fri, I was no more than -1%. I put my foot down and declared "Profit cushion or not, I'm making my big AU trade NOW!"

The PA over the last two days looked to be setting up nicely, plus there was a nice bit of D1 Zlining that just happened, so I figured a swing low had been set --and that I had the all clear to go prematurely higher leverage...that sh!t spiked/whiplashed so bad, I was checking my calendar to see if was NFP day, LOL. And it definitely was just a spike where price pretty much recovered back to previous levels...The most irritating part of that spike being, that even if I had caught my OPTIMAL entry and was holding it from TWO DAYS BACK, that area/ swing low got violated as well.

I have to say, at the current moment, if I'm building up a position, I don't like the idea of placing Stop orders to automatically shed lots for me, I'd much rather try and be more personally involved at that time, but maybe I am just being backwards...

I know, I know, pictures would help, I have 'em; lets see if I can get them out.

:!: :!: :!:

Week 12
1/16/11 - 1/20/11
10 entries
CLOSED TRADES=4.24% | CLOSED TRADES [plus] OPEN POSITIONS=13.75%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Surprisingly few trades this week.

Gradually circling in and narrowing down my entry criteria and finding the ltf PA that makes me go :)
Different Stop Losses and maybe Entry Leverage as I rank my entry setups.
Will need to write these down several times over I suppose as I try to prioritize and rank them.
Hopefully, soon (while understanding that I am NOT trying to find a Holy Grail of entries) I will feel satisfied enough in them to commit them to Procedural Memory.

Trading based on Daily line has been a GREAT help as far as helping analyze what I'm doing for entries. Just flip-flopping my bias with each MOMO and then trying to find what makes a good entry good through all that definitely complicated things more for me than they needed to be.

As for attaining one-ness with my Entries, recently, it's not so much a lightbulb going off, as it is a lightbulb wavering (? is that the right word?); dim, then bright, then dim, then BRIGHT, then DIM, then Bright...

A more deliberate attempt of using SPACE WARS this week. I think I have some great step-by-step pictures of how I went about the whole thing, will definitely be a good review to me, I was surprised how I was able to flow into using it maybe. Maybe I was just having a clear thinking week.

Definitely, built up into a great AU trade this week though, ended Friday with a beautiful picture of my trading station. Of course the positions are still open, so I can't call the profits mine...I don't want to close it though, it looks like quite the nice breakout, even if it means that some Zlining is about to occur (a.k.a. a PERFECT opportunity for those who prefer to trade the Breakout Bounce...) {SPACE don't fail me now, lol}

[highlight=#FF6600]===============================================================================================================[/highlight]

Other than that, Krane is about to have a WHOLE LOT LESS free time...{sigh}, but for good reasons at least.
___1}I have to undergo intense foreign language study
___2}I just received this badboy, and I'ma try and go ALL-IN on it
______<< While you're on that page, check out "Sexy Beast Workout Tutorial"; Czech Republic FTW!!! >>

How to Change the World (Hint: It Starts with You)

Nowhere near as good as the We Are Traders video, but it has its merits nonetheless...

[font=Verdana]§§¤¤ Instant Self-Discipline, Weeks 1 - 10 ¤¤§§[/font]

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Week 11 Trades

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:38 pm

AU Short, Stopped Out @14pips

Entry:

Stopped Out: @14pips

EJ Short, Stopped Out @15pips

Entry:

Stopped Out: @15pips

AU Long, @60pips
Breakout Entry, I feel silly posting a breakout entry like this, I don't really feel there is anything to be learned from it. So, just because...

Entry:

Exit: @60pips
Well, I DID feel stupid that price immediately went 20pips against after my entry... :oops:

2 EJ Shorts, 2 Stop Outs {-10 & -20pips}

1st Entry:

1st Entry Stopped Out, 2nd Entry: -10pips

2nd Entry Stopped Out: -20pips

And a brief rundown of the Friday AU trade that ruined my Week 11...

Last edited by TygerKrane on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Closing out Week 12

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Here's me closing out my Trading Station on Week 12.
Puts a smile and a little tear in my eye.
Sure, I'm only 60pips away at 15:1lev...
Nah, I'm not going to close out...
If anything, I DO EXPECT a big correction. AU has been strongly correlated with the Dow Jones, and the Dow Jones just had a good week with 4 nice up days.
AU was correlating pretty good with AJ, so if anything, I would like to hold on to my AU Long lots, and just trade AJ SHORT ONLY.
Provided I get some good pips on the AJ Shorting, I look forward to adding that to my AU trade and just adding lots to get it up to 30:1lev.
It's just such an awesome feeling to watch yourself getting 3% per 10pips...
So I want to go for that now.
Haven't really visualized how I would scale out my AU trade if the Shorts come in strong...but I know it's retarded to let 15:1lev go 60pips against me, lol :P <<SPACE Don't Fail Me Now :D >>

Not the best correlation that I've ever been influenced by, but here it is:

Dow Jones vs AU:

Last edited by TygerKrane on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madins

Postby madins » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi everyone

Hi MO specially :D I have ask for you, please check my picture and tell me do I understand it correctly.

thanks a lot.
Attachments
mo kreslik.gif
mo kreslik.gif (39.27 KiB) Viewed 3671 times

TygerKrane

SPACE WARS meets Blind Mouse

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:19 am

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010

So we have:
1)Entry
2)110pips after the first Entry, 2nd Entry (at this point, you are up 5.5%; 110pips away from your 5:1lev Entry line)
3)412pips after the 2nd Entry, 3rd Entry (at this point, you are up about 45%; about 450pips away from your 10:1lev Average line)
4)430pips after the 3rd Entry, exit (at this point, you are up 132%; 660pips away from your 20:1lev Average line)

**Total Distance: 952pips for 132%
**According to this example of chart spacing (which is NOT the most important aspect) the exit is 5days after the entry.

:-k :-k :-k

[highlight=grey]:::EDIT:::[/highlight] April 8, 2012
included **Total Distance calculation
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:08 am, edited 7 times in total.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 am

madins wrote:Hi everyone

Hi MO specially :D I have ask for you, please check my picture and tell me do I understand it correctly.

thanks a lot.

Zero Lines require Momentum Candles, but your chart is a great example of trading a horizontal line.

Here is what the use of Zero Lines would look like:

http://i42.tinypic.com/21j0yee.gif

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:27 am

TygerKrane, maybe you should join us on P&F:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mmhf93.png

I've been working on the switch for a few months myself.

madins

Postby madins » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks a lot.

One more question
Attachments
MO2.GIF
MO2.GIF (68.15 KiB) Viewed 3718 times

madins

Postby madins » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 am

I hope you don`t mind that i`m writting in your topic.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (107.6 KiB) Viewed 3710 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 pm

If you start with 1 lot (0.1) and you add 5 lots (0.5) at 64 space then you will have (1/6) * space or 10.6 pips (assuming 64 space) from the last transaction price (= initial risk).

Return to “beginners forum”