TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

What am I?

Postby TygerKrane » Wed May 05, 2010 10:21 am

I think I might enhance my trading mindset a bit (and become more business-minded/professional-minded) if I make the formal distinction that I am no longer a beginner trader. {It's been about 7 months now.}

I think, more appropriately, I should consider myself, [highlight=orange]Non-Expert Trader.[/highlight]

trying to throw away the crutches for making stupid mistakes, and fits of irrational, emotional trading (no matter how brief the fits are, they are still very dangerous to my progress in becoming a self-employed professional trader)...learning how to deal better with losses and not be so vengefully affected by them...learning how to back off from the computer when I see that I am searching for trades in hot-headed desperation, rather than from cool, calm, neutral perspective.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Use of custom candle???

Postby TygerKrane » Wed May 05, 2010 10:34 am

A question for you guys using Custom Candle:

I am curious, do you re-align your Custom Candle at the beginning of each week (so that each week, the Custom Candle groups together the exact same-time candles)?? Or do you just set it once and leave it alone (even though this means the grouped Custom Candles shift from week to week)?

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Good times

Postby TygerKrane » Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 pm

For a [highlight=orange]Non-Expert Trader[/highlight] such as myself...

It feels good:
To hit my daily profit goal, and then close my trading platform with an open trade that has my SL at +pips .

It feels great:
To exceed my daily profit goal, and then close my trading platform with an open trade that has my SL at +pips.

:smt066 {and YES I am aware that you zline guys sometimes get at my pips when I do that...BACK OFF!!} :smt067 :smt068

:smt046

TygerKrane

ABSOLUTELY NO TRADING TODAY

Postby TygerKrane » Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I am going to regret not trading today. :shock: (With the crazy drop EURJPY had yesterday, plus the fact that several pairs are at yearly extremes...) :smt010 :cry:

But I think it would be wise for me to collect my thoughts and write a few things out before I continue. I've actually had a momentous, splendid week. But I don't want to rush forward until I understand more about what happened, get my thoughts together, REALLY seeing what lessons (if any) were learned. :-k

Showing some restraint [-( =; :-#

TygerKrane

Broken Glasses

Postby TygerKrane » Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

On another note, I am thoroughly pissed off and upset that I broke two of my favorite drinking glasses with one careless move of my arm last night.

I was totally excited when McDonald's was giving them away for a Christmas '09 promotion!!

I had the blue/aqua and charcoal/black one. They were absolutely awesome for cream soda floats and root beer floats.

:( :( :(

TygerKrane

Weekly trades - Overall

Postby TygerKrane » Sat May 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Overall, I traded very well this week (even before that crazyness on the EJ). I hit my weekly target by Wednesday. Actually, what really made it kind of special for me was that I traded well with ALL the methods I focus on; Level Sensor (i.e. BZ), Rat Reversals off the Daily Extreme, Zline trades.

This might make it hard for me as I step back this weekend (and maybe a few days longer) to collect my thoughts and try to find out what my truest, straightest path to consistent results is.

I already know the havoc that can wreck my account, when I look at a chart with multiple trading systems in mind...Hellishly conflicting signals that drain my account no matter which direction I trade.

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat May 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Are you journaling your trades, so you can take your off days to reflect on what you're doing right and what you need to work on? Just a thought. Remember what MO says about the words we use after I and I'm, they ultimately determine our success or failure. MO also posted something about where to place the custom candle indi, I can't remember where, but I took away from it, where it makes the most sense to you. Cheers,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

TygerKrane

LOL @ me

Postby TygerKrane » Sat May 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Lol @ me -
[align=center][font=Comic Sans MS]Trading only in the direction of the previous candles color on D1 & H4 timeframes[/font][/align]:idea: Trading Idea I Had :idea:
:idea: TygerKrane :idea: wrote:And what I see is that just by following in the previous candles' direction (ONLY WHEN the current candle is following the same color as the previous), there is great opportunity for profit. Even when the candles switch colors back and forth, there still seem to be wicks when you could've caught a little something.

I guess you would want to be there trading when the candle opens. And some overtrading management for times when the price ranges back and forth over the open. (You still to some degree would have to decide what triggers your entry, even if using the previous candles' color as your deciding criteria.)
---[Whoa, I had no idea you could put links and smilies in the quote/wrote: header box. That's hot.]---

<Grid is spaced at @95-100pips>

TygerKrane

Re: ABSOLUTELY NO TRADING TODAY

Postby TygerKrane » Sat May 08, 2010 7:12 pm

TygerKrane wrote:I am going to regret not trading today. :shock: (With the crazy drop EURJPY had yesterday, plus the fact that several pairs are at yearly extremes...) :smt010 :cry:

But I think it would be wise for me to collect my thoughts and write a few things out before I continue. I've actually had a momentous, splendid week. But I don't want to rush forward until I understand more about what happened, get my thoughts together, REALLY seeing what lessons (if any) were learned. :-k

Showing some restraint [-( =; :-#

Hooooo boy, YES I DID REGRET not trading, but there were important, real reasons why I felt so strongly about holding back. If this Europe and stock market event happened LAST WEEK instead of this one, I would've BZ'ed my way to doubling my account. Anyways...(you can see my next post for an explanation.)

After the great Monday & Tuesday & Wednesday I had, I promised myself that I wouldn't do anymore trading until I evaluated myself. But f$^! it, Thursday evening (beginning of Asia's Friday session) I couldn't resist and was able to add 13% to my account rather quickly. :D

But at this point, self-evaluation is most important!!! What good is pulling in good percentage points if you are just going to give them back in one or two sessions??...

TygerKrane

A Different kind of Psychological Number

Postby TygerKrane » Sat May 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Apparently, my trading is affected by a different Psychological Number than what TRO or InnerCircleTrader talk about.

My Psychological Number is
[align=center][highlight=black]130[/highlight][/align]
.........Dollars!!!

I swear to you, ever since I started this forex thing, I have not been able to trade my account over $130. {feel free to laugh at me} Whether I started from $50 or even $110, I could only get one trade to close over the $130 mark and then it was downhill from there. I've approached this barrier 4 times since I started forex 9/16/09. At least though, each time I reached, I was different trader. (My last two reaches being more significant improvements as a trader, because then most of my knowledge was coming from the kreslik community, and not the stuff from everywhere else.)

This week makes my fifth reach at $130. That's why I needed my pause. To figure out what makes me different as a trader this time around. I definitely feel different; but I didn't want to rush forward and bleed my account again though without understanding what made me different.

So maybe I'll take a pause from trading for a few days, see what kind of new understandings my subconscious pieces together for me; and focus more on some of the things on my personal things-to-do list.

If I've really increased my level as a trader, I should be able to get back in the swing of things, but yes, I am worried "Is NOW the right time to take a breather?? What if a few days off messes up what I've learned and my account begins to backslide again?" I guess at that point I would have to admit that my level as a trader hadn't really increased afterall. :( and NO!! I refuse to believe that I was just getting lucky, I made my important profits before all that crazy Europe stuff started.

Which reminds me, wish I could be in Monaco at the Pirate Gathering this year :cry: ; I'm going to do my best, Best, BEST to earn it for next year. As a matter a fact, I hope the only reason I DON'T make it to next year's gathering, is because I mis-budgeted and spent to much money on my Japan trip (that I aim to earn as well.) \\:D/
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun May 09, 2010 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “beginners forum”