TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline, Week 4

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:56 am

:!: :!: :!:

Week 4
11/20/11 - 11/25/11
25 entries
-5.47%

:shock: :shock: :shock:

With the week being Thanksgivings, I decided to let myself be a turkey :D . For the last time though. In my next post(s) <if there is time> I want to quickly markup the trade that started my downward spiral, and the Friday trade that would've made up for it had I been thinking clearly.

I'm pretty certain that I get a good number of trades that yield 10-15pips before I get stopped out (or maybe I just have selective memory on this topic.) Either way, probably time that I take the quick pips :p . I'm pretty sure there are enough of them to snowball into a more positive outcome for my weekly balance (and my trading psyche.)
[highlight=lightgreen]I Swear to you, it's like I'm constantly Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory with this.[/highlight] :lol:

I'm very anxious for this week and the next few to try out a filter for choosing my pairs and directions. I've spent much, much, MUCH time thinking about it; maybe in the end it is just a placebo effect that keeps me uni-directional for a longer time period. Now that the week has started, just dealing with the fact that even though you can visually backtest thousands of bars in minutes, in real time, you can only just wait hours and hours...and I also have to deal with the fact that even if I DO have something that helps me better pick pair & direction, I'm STILL going to have to take quick pips regardless and leave lots of pips on the table in these beginning stages.

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback[/font][/highlight] wrote:
Week 0 wrote::!: :!: :!:

I think that I know what I'm doing, but one of my current weaknesses is that when I'm on my own trading, sometimes I get these megalomaniac visions of grandeur. Definite account killer.
So I figure I might put myself out there for public scrutiny to make myself a bit more accountable for my actions. I remember when prochargedmopar was posting his account (I think sometime last year, or late 2009), I thought that was heroic. :oops: :smt055 :smt066

The first two weeks at the very least will start off very slow, as I will feel a bit more cautious/apprehensive at the start of this Instant Self-Discipline experiment, but there is no doubt that this will be a GOOD kind of caution.

¤I'll do this at the end of each week. I have no idea how this will turn out (I couldn't fully tell you which side of the 95% I am on just yet.)
¤I'll try to limit my losses to -5% a week.
¤I'll go back into the shadows to regroup and reorganize if my balance gets -40% from this starting point.

As LittleKnown pointed out earlier, {paraphrase}"Won't this put unnecessary added pressure on myself?"
I can only say, back in his prime, Mike Tyson was knocking the heads off of 95% of the people out there; so I wouldn't be too embarrassed if I went in the ring with him and people saw me get my head knocked off too.
95% of traders fail, therefore...

Basically, for my [font=Comic Sans MS]current [/font] level of trading ability, I need to remember to keep a Marathon Mentality, and not the mentality for a Mad-Dash-for-Cash.

I will probably start off each week, and every few days by watching, We Are Traders - A Tribute to All Those Trading the Markets. 8)

Week 1 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
10/30/11 - 11/4/11
43 entries
-4.22%

First off, I'll start off by saying that it was actually a surprise to me, and that in a little way, I'm kind of glad with the outcome of this week. I maintained a small level of losses each day, but on Friday, I got caught up in some NFP nastiness, and so I was pretty certain that my losses where somewhere in the -6% area. So I was elated to see that I hadn't even crossed 4.5%. Probably just goes to show, having the discipline to keep losses small, and a Marathon Mentality might can help to make things pay off in the end.

I did start this off VERY slow however, I'm not trying to show off and be macho, and that was a good thing. All my entries were at 1:1 , 2:1 leverage and I couldn't get a damn thing to stick, it was disgusting really, it could've been a morale killer. It got so much so, to the point that I actually meditated twice this week to try and get back in touch with Whatever-The-Hell-It-Was that made me so confident in the first place :o .

This week coming up will be a short one for me, I'm going to Cali for my birthday :smt113 , so I'll probably only have two good days to look at the market. {If I trade while on vacation in Cali, then I'm obviously doing something WRONG :!: } I assume that the week after might be kind of slow as I get readjusted when I come back as well. This is beginning to make my experiment sound very boring isn't it? Slow week this, low leverage that, excuses excuses...

Other than that, been thinking of some ways to fine tune my entry algorithm.

Charts to follow in next post.

Week 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 2
11/6/11 - 11/11/11
41 entries
-4.02%

From what I remember from this past week, I was just being lazy and trying to catch an easy swing move I could hold onto, so I could at least be in a trade while I got ready for my trip. I was definitely overtrading, considering my lack of focus for the week.
Was back in the situation where I had a lot of little profits I could've taken if I wasn't so focused on something bigger.
One morning was looking at M1 charts, I for some reason felt really comfortable with the PA there, felt that if I had profits, I would love to test scalping off of that at a decent leverage, b/c it felt much better for me to just put my stop at the last swing high/low and to respect whatever happened afterwards in my attempt to grab a quick 1-5 pips.
Had another idea to bring me back to trading based on correlated pairs. The reason is to help me try to get into continuation trades more b/c I'm naturally always trying to catch the reversal of a trend.

Other than that, I tried to take more pictures of my trades, but it was actually really disrupting and making things stressful.

Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
11/13/11 - 11/18/11
21 entries
-1.37%

My mind has been revolving around yet another way to use correlations between pairs, I've tried a couple times in the past, this time, I see something totally different from those other times for me to make observations on and react to. Additionally, it doesn't really deviate from the way I try to trade now, so I will integrate what I see with them a bit going forward I think. It is definitely for the purpose of picking pairs with great potential for swing/multi-day moves.
That being said, I need to ground myself first by taking smaller targets, again this week I came across some 10-15pip gains that I never took.
I think because I knew that I would be trading less for the week that just past, I went a little higher in leverage more often, than I did for the previous two weeks.
Friday was a nice AU trade that helped me out a bit, I'll post that trade up next. But generally speaking this week I was totally clueless with everything, I wanted to turn of my trading station everytime I turned it on, bc things just made no sense to me...even charts that made me naturally go :D , the happiness stopped there bc I just couldn't figure out how to merge into the market. So I guess on Friday, charts where as equally nice looking as they were all week, but I felt a bit more in sync with things as the week came to an end. Therefore I would say, unfortunately, b/c of the holiday this week, I don't think I'll really get a chance to ride that "momentum" (if it is actually even there in the first place :oops: ), I don't have expectations for doing much this week. Who knows, maybe correlations will prove there point and hook me up regardless :oops:

Also, if I can move fast enough tonight, I might put up a few other observations that have made impressions on me... looks like I'll be going contrary to withnail's AU supply & demand observations. I hope time permits and I can put up most of what I am thinking about.

Also, I'm VERY HAPPY with my new FXTS2 setup (took me forever to get the windows rearranged to the right position), and the the latest updates that FXCM put into the program this weekend.........

They're Great!!

Last edited by TygerKrane on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

ElRolfo
Location: Lower Saxony(Germany), London(United Kingdom), South of France

Postby ElRolfo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 pm

--------

TygerKrane Wrote:

ElRolfo,
If you took that Long trade after the pullback to 1.3280 area (lower dashed lines), very nice indeed.
As a simple Trader, would you mind discussing your entry trigger on that one?
If you care to reply, maybe you can post it in my thread, since this is Paul&Paul's home.

Thanks,
Krane

-------

TygerKrane,
I did not take the Long Trade after the pullback.
On that day my trading was already over, when
the big move came.

My comment in Paul&Pauls thread was about the
breakout out of the triangle on Sunday evening
(6pm local London), where his chart shows a gap.

ElRolfo
Attachments
eurusd20111129.gif
eurusd20111129.gif (16.63 KiB) Viewed 5643 times

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:10 pm

@ElRolfo : FYI this is the reason why I also think certain weekend gaps are overrated and not worth over-analysing. I am also, like you, aware of Oanda's chart not showing gaps. So yeah, just trade anyway; sometimes have to discount certain things.

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm pretty certain that I get a good number of trades that yield 10-15pips before I get stopped out (or maybe I just have selective memory on this topic.) Either way, probably time that I take the quick pips :p . I'm pretty sure there are enough of them to snowball into a more positive outcome for my weekly balance (and my trading psyche.)

Hi Tyger : Love the thread and your honesty ...

Looks like you have taken over 130 trades in about 4 weeks ..

If you had taken a fixed target of 10 or even 5 pips /trade , what would

your balance look like ?

Keep Charging :smt023

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:38 pm

@TygerKrane,

I really like Your positive attitude and determination. Keep it going!

@dchappy,

I'm not sure but as far as I can remember You're trading with renko charts right?

If yes, can I ask You how many signals are You getting daily on average?
im gluten free intolerant

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply, ElRolfo.

I develop a mild rash whenever I hear someone mention triangles, cup & handle, bullish flag, etc., LOL. I could never get it to work for me.

>"My comment in Paul&Pauls thread was about the
breakout out of the triangle on Sunday evening
(6pm local London)"<

What I don't get is, in NY local time, forex markets are opening 5, 6PM Sunday evening, so I figured in London the markets are opening up for at 10-11P Sunday evening London time, right?

[highlight=lightgreen]***********************************************
[/highlight]

@ dchap, pawel,
Thanks for the support guys!!

For me, it is no longer a question of IF I will become a Consistently Profitable Trader...

just,

"Which day in January 2012?"... :wink:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Favorite YouTube comment of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKYjZ_8EcE

TygerKrane

Re: Instant Self-Discipline, Week 5

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:44 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Week 5
11/28/11 - 12/2/11
12 entries
1.39%

Purposely didn't get too involved this week, I actually REALLY wanted to post about what happened Thanksgivings week, so that's why I refrained from getting into a whole lot more trading on top of that. I'll try to take a review of things, if I can't post, I'll just mentally review and move on.

[highlight=black][size=117][font=Comic Sans MS]Instant Self-Discipline,[/font][/size][font=Tahoma] trackback[/font][/highlight] wrote:
Week 0 wrote::!: :!: :!:

I think that I know what I'm doing, but one of my current weaknesses is that when I'm on my own trading, sometimes I get these megalomaniac visions of grandeur. Definite account killer.
So I figure I might put myself out there for public scrutiny to make myself a bit more accountable for my actions. I remember when prochargedmopar was posting his account (I think sometime last year, or late 2009), I thought that was heroic. :oops: :smt055 :smt066

The first two weeks at the very least will start off very slow, as I will feel a bit more cautious/apprehensive at the start of this Instant Self-Discipline experiment, but there is no doubt that this will be a GOOD kind of caution.

¤I'll do this at the end of each week. I have no idea how this will turn out (I couldn't fully tell you which side of the 95% I am on just yet.)
¤I'll try to limit my losses to -5% a week.
¤I'll go back into the shadows to regroup and reorganize if my balance gets -40% from this starting point.

As LittleKnown pointed out earlier, {paraphrase}"Won't this put unnecessary added pressure on myself?"
I can only say, back in his prime, Mike Tyson was knocking the heads off of 95% of the people out there; so I wouldn't be too embarrassed if I went in the ring with him and people saw me get my head knocked off too.
95% of traders fail, therefore...

Basically, for my [font=Comic Sans MS]current [/font] level of trading ability, I need to remember to keep a Marathon Mentality, and not the mentality for a Mad-Dash-for-Cash.

I will probably start off each week, and every few days by watching, We Are Traders - A Tribute to All Those Trading the Markets. 8)

Week 1 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 1
10/30/11 - 11/4/11
43 entries
-4.22%

First off, I'll start off by saying that it was actually a surprise to me, and that in a little way, I'm kind of glad with the outcome of this week. I maintained a small level of losses each day, but on Friday, I got caught up in some NFP nastiness, and so I was pretty certain that my losses where somewhere in the -6% area. So I was elated to see that I hadn't even crossed 4.5%. Probably just goes to show, having the discipline to keep losses small, and a Marathon Mentality might can help to make things pay off in the end.

I did start this off VERY slow however, I'm not trying to show off and be macho, and that was a good thing. All my entries were at 1:1 , 2:1 leverage and I couldn't get a damn thing to stick, it was disgusting really, it could've been a morale killer. It got so much so, to the point that I actually meditated twice this week to try and get back in touch with Whatever-The-Hell-It-Was that made me so confident in the first place :o .

This week coming up will be a short one for me, I'm going to Cali for my birthday :smt113 , so I'll probably only have two good days to look at the market. {If I trade while on vacation in Cali, then I'm obviously doing something WRONG :!: } I assume that the week after might be kind of slow as I get readjusted when I come back as well. This is beginning to make my experiment sound very boring isn't it? Slow week this, low leverage that, excuses excuses...

Other than that, been thinking of some ways to fine tune my entry algorithm.

Charts to follow in next post.

Week 2 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 2
11/6/11 - 11/11/11
41 entries
-4.02%

From what I remember from this past week, I was just being lazy and trying to catch an easy swing move I could hold onto, so I could at least be in a trade while I got ready for my trip. I was definitely overtrading, considering my lack of focus for the week.
Was back in the situation where I had a lot of little profits I could've taken if I wasn't so focused on something bigger.
One morning was looking at M1 charts, I for some reason felt really comfortable with the PA there, felt that if I had profits, I would love to test scalping off of that at a decent leverage, b/c it felt much better for me to just put my stop at the last swing high/low and to respect whatever happened afterwards in my attempt to grab a quick 1-5 pips.
Had another idea to bring me back to trading based on correlated pairs. The reason is to help me try to get into continuation trades more b/c I'm naturally always trying to catch the reversal of a trend.

Other than that, I tried to take more pictures of my trades, but it was actually really disrupting and making things stressful.

Week 3 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 3
11/13/11 - 11/18/11
21 entries
-1.37%

My mind has been revolving around yet another way to use correlations between pairs, I've tried a couple times in the past, this time, I see something totally different from those other times for me to make observations on and react to. Additionally, it doesn't really deviate from the way I try to trade now, so I will integrate what I see with them a bit going forward I think. It is definitely for the purpose of picking pairs with great potential for swing/multi-day moves.
That being said, I need to ground myself first by taking smaller targets, again this week I came across some 10-15pip gains that I never took.
I think because I knew that I would be trading less for the week that just past, I went a little higher in leverage more often, than I did for the previous two weeks.
Friday was a nice AU trade that helped me out a bit, I'll post that trade up next. But generally speaking this week I was totally clueless with everything, I wanted to turn of my trading station everytime I turned it on, bc things just made no sense to me...even charts that made me naturally go :D , the happiness stopped there bc I just couldn't figure out how to merge into the market. So I guess on Friday, charts where as equally nice looking as they were all week, but I felt a bit more in sync with things as the week came to an end. Therefore I would say, unfortunately, b/c of the holiday this week, I don't think I'll really get a chance to ride that "momentum" (if it is actually even there in the first place :oops: ), I don't have expectations for doing much this week. Who knows, maybe correlations will prove there point and hook me up regardless :oops:

Also, if I can move fast enough tonight, I might put up a few other observations that have made impressions on me... looks like I'll be going contrary to withnail's AU supply & demand observations. I hope time permits and I can put up most of what I am thinking about.

Also, I'm VERY HAPPY with my new FXTS2 setup (took me forever to get the windows rearranged to the right position), and the the latest updates that FXCM put into the program this weekend.........

They're Great!!

Week4 wrote::!: :!: :!:

Week 4
11/20/11 - 11/25/11
25 entries
-5.47%

With the week being Thanksgivings, I decided to let myself be a turkey :D . For the last time though. In my next post(s) <if there is time> I want to quickly markup the trade that started my downward spiral, and the Friday trade that would've made up for it had I been thinking clearly.

[highlight=lightgreen]I Swear to you, it's like I'm constantly Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory with this.[/highlight] :lol:

I'm very anxious for this week and the next few to try out a filter for choosing my pairs and directions. I've spent much, much, MUCH time thinking about it; maybe in the end it is just a placebo effect that keeps me uni-directional for a longer time period. Now that the week has started, just dealing with the fact that even though you can visually backtest thousands of bars in minutes, in real time, you can only just wait hours and hours...and I also have to deal with the fact that even if I DO have something that helps me better pick pair & direction, I'm STILL going to have to take quick pips regardless and leave lots of pips on the table in these beginning stages.

TygerKrane

Week 5 Trade of the week

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:46 pm

AU Long 80pips
Entry was a Buy Stop I set before going to bed

And Afterwards:

www.sadtrombone.com

But in my defense, I have begun to place a higher emphasis on taking the pips when they are there, so when I woke up and saw +80, I went for it.
However, at the very least, I coud've trailed the M5 and would've been much happier with THAT result, even if I missed the later hundreds of pips that happened.

After I saw the huge, HUGE move I missed, I turned off my trading station for the rest of the day, in fear of what I might've done next...

TygerKrane

EU Short Trades 12-05-11

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:00 am

Had a short bias on EU, so only attempts to short it.

Last edited by TygerKrane on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “beginners forum”