TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:19 am

TygerKrane wrote:EChf:

I had commented about the EChf --three posts ago (yesterday)--, but I actually ended up taking the trade on AChf. I ended up trying to trade around the MOMO close Sitdown Line.

AChf Short
good for 30pips, (my exit was a limit order, I was away from the computer)

(VERY interesting to note though what happened with the pair after my target got hit...)

M20. M5:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:58 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Thanks alias!
Of course, you had a part to play in this as well you know. 8)

So I closed out the trade 6 hours ago, I did some math and some observations...

265pips from average line @ 25.5:1 lev = ~67.5%
That proved a good enough point to me, especially considering the fact that my entries started at like 2:1 lev.
Plus, my whole thing about taking profits and building up my account first before I get crazy; {especially after looking at the D1 chart} I couldn't even imagine having to sit through any potential pullback after this kind of gain. (When I can't even consider myself a consistent trader yet.)

So, here are my exit shots

H3, extended:
I didn't realize before, Parity is definitely looking like one of those points where R becomes S.
But on this chart, I was mainly noting the monthly movements (vertical pink lines) and the fact that I traded past a 50% retrace from that swing low to swing high, so that was a cool little feat to accomplish for me.

So there you have it the secret to success 67.5% is damn nice. It is better
than my best 52%. So 4 or 5 of those a year and you are sitting pretty nice.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 pm

aliassmith wrote:So there you have it the secret to success 67.5% is damn nice. It is better
than my best 52%. So 4 or 5 of those a year and you are sitting pretty nice.

:smt027 :smt027

Yes, maybe soon I will earn myself an avatar upgrade :shock:
(only two more levels left to reach the top)

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Follow-up AJ trades

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

So, I did some AJ trades, the first trade I just kind of threw out there b/c of the PA. The other two trades had more reasoning behind them.
I haven't adjusted my lot size yet for my account, so the leverage is ridiculously low; just trying to keep a level head, and work on my process; also, working on being okay with taking quicker, smaller profits.

First trade (yellow to first reds)

I was actually around my computer when that first Short trade was up 30-40pips, that was .5% gain for me, but I decided to move up stops and wait. I went to sleep after the first part of the order got taken out.
Woke up, saw, the price action went in my favor and realized I had a bit more leeway to set SL above the high candle of my entry, or even the high of the previous peak (It wouldn't have even been larger than 25pips.)

Second [Long] and Third [Short] trades (purple & blue to the next reds)

Just trying to feel good taking quick pips. For the short trade I actually had a target of 77.85, for 20pips gain, but I closed it quickly b/c... :?:
yeah, wanted to take quick pips while they were there. Shame though how it hit my target and then some (see the first pic).
Long trade = 10pips
Short trade = 11pips

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 pm

EU Long
20pips

Had an original target, price stopped just short of it, so I took quick pips.

[highlight=white]::EDIT::[/highlight]
10 mins later, price hit

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 pm

EChf Short
-14pips

Price now being at the price that I should've WAITed for in the first place...

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:05 pm

:arrow: aliassmith wrote:...

$1000 @ 24%/month @ 22 trading months is over $100,000 trading
account.

24% a month is 6% a week equals net 40 pips a week

I don't know why, it's silly, but I LOL'd when my workplace was VERY quiet after I did the math for this one. Again, I don't know why, it's all math that I've done similar things like on my own in the past too...

Earn 6% over 40 pips...
so, 1.5% every 10pips
means trading at 15:1 leverage
And getting 8pips a day :!:

Again, I don't know why/what made me LOL like this today, but the numbers are just ridiculous.

:shock:
Maybe I'll just trade 8:1 and aim for 16pips a day.
or
6:1 and aim for 24??

hmmm, 4:1 off of weekly extremes, and adding in at some point if price can first reach between +75 & +100pips...

I'm sorry, I'm just feeling a little restless at the moment, and you guys are the only ones who would understand...

TygerKrane

UCad Short, 10-13-11

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:28 am

UCad Short
59pips, 1.6:1 lev

took a minor thrashing on the EU though, so I''m still a little down for the day, still trying to figure out what lesson I'm supposed to learn there. But as you can see, I'm still just tossing around little lots at these things. Just to make sure I learn how to make these minor thrashings a bit less minor. Then, I'll pocket 4% like alias suggested at some point, and then I'll be back on some real-type trader-type business. 8) :smt071

Exit:

D1:-------------& FXTS2 H3: {funny how my entry looked on this platform; well the H3 always looks different there; but I wouldn't have taken the trade yet based on THIS indication. I would --ideally-- be looking for the Short in that upper wick that follows.}

Image----------Image

"Looking for the Short in that upper wick that follows.": (I would've been asleep though :cry: )

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:27 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
:arrow: aliassmith wrote:...

$1000 @ 24%/month @ 22 trading months is over $100,000 trading
account.

24% a month is 6% a week equals net 40 pips a week

I don't know why, it's silly, but I LOL'd when my workplace was VERY quiet after I did the math for this one. Again, I don't know why, it's all math that I've done similar things like on my own in the past too...

Earn 6% over 40 pips...
so, 1.5% every 10pips
means trading at 15:1 leverage
And getting 8pips a day :!:

Again, I don't know why/what made me LOL like this today, but the numbers are just ridiculous.

:shock:
Maybe I'll just trade 8:1 and aim for 16pips a day.
or
6:1 and aim for 24??

hmmm, 4:1 off of weekly extremes, and adding in at some point if price can first reach between +75 & +100pips...

I'm sorry, I'm just feeling a little restless at the moment, and you guys are the only ones who would understand...

Well I have calmed down some and my base leverage is $65 to $70 per pip
per $100k. I am forever working on survivability vs. rewards.

Build profit cushion and make some big plays in the process. Like MO told
me, you can play tight as long as you get the balls to go for it sometimes. :)
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm

UCad Short
18pips, 1.6:1 lev

Exit: (I had set a limit order to simply target the breakout point of that H1 MOMO.)
:!: I HAVE NO REGRETS about not setting an order to close out half of the position; or maybe to have just left the trade open with no limit order.
:!: I HAVE NO REGRETS about not targeting the low of that last swing low, nor do I have any regrets for not targeting even the low extreme of the H1 MOMO candle.
:-k As I see it (in my own inexperienced eyes), at this point/area Price could've just as easily been forming a double bottom here. (See D1 chart). Again this is my own inexperienced opinion about the potential for Price Action.

D1:

Return to “beginners forum”