TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:10 pm

EChf Short
(no target set, very unwise and foolhardy)

Two entries both at 1:1 leverage.
My second entry on M20, I was attempting to do a M20 RatReversal after my first entry.
B/c I sleep during most of the London session, I wanted to give room for more PA without taking a huge drawdown. As you can see (orange & yellow striped lines), I set two more Sell Stop orders before I went to sleep. I was hoping to be in 'wicked in' for 3:1 or 4:1 lev. My SL is the black/white line.

As the charts are presenting below, looks like gravity is about to set in on the EChf, was very tempted to add my 3:1 or 4:1 here, but I decided to cool of by writing this post. (Usually when I just go for the entry like that, price just pulls back to my new average line and beyond anyway :( )

I'll see if that last H3 closes MOMO like that and see if I can get a MZ entry off that candle then.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:31 pm

EChf short

Sooo, wanna go a bit more ballistic on my short entries now cuz I like how this looks. If I was further away from my initial deposit, I would go for it, but I don't really have anyone else's profits to be sacrificing at this point.

I'm at 4:1 lev now b/c my sell stop got triggered in the light green ellipse.

Average line is the orange line, let's see what cooks up after this

My hardest question for myself that I STILL can't confidently answer is, Where should I move my SL to? or How should I plan to scale out these lots should price keep going against me and reaches, or goes beyond :shock: my average line.
The simplest question, I'm sure, but for some reason I always get brain freeze when a trade brings me to this position. Any suggestions? :? :? :?

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Been having so much fun analyzing charts, it didn't even occur to me that today is Friday, with its usual accompanying bit of mild fear and hesitation...
spooo~~~ky~~~~

:P

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Tyger,

I like how your trading. Are you just looking for 3 hr MoMo or would you take a 1h MoMo?

also do you use any alerts to save you looking at screen all day?

BB
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:20 pm

There is room for both H3 and H1 MOMO in my analysis...

That being said, I'm working on my own slight twist of the MOMO, Zline, and PA teachings we have here to better suit how *I* SEE, and so my mind has a more objective way of determining my bias (and what I am WAITING for.)

If all goes well, maybe 2months time I make a new thread,

"The Art of Krane"
~~~~~~~~by Krane-Tzu

I like the way I am seeing the charts now, the only thing I've considered in the past few days is adding an Outside Bar indicator to H1:

I prefer Outside Bars to Inside Bars. I just need to feel out if having them displayed on the charts like this helps or hinders my initial overall analysis...

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh i can't wait to see what your cooking up Tyger :)
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Whoaa!! That is a great video, I hadn't been able to find anything like that on YouTube, before, when I wanted my virtual-dizzy, I've only had some POV roller coaster vids (which are pretty cool too!)

Maybe they'll catch some Motorcycle races instead at the next Pirate Gathering!!

Isle of Man would be cool as long as there are women there too, lol!

As for the other video, I don't understand Poker at all, but still that was pretty intense seeing how much Dwan went in when he didn't have the strongest of hands.
Did he have to show his cards at the end to the other players?

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:35 am

TygerKrane wrote:EChf short

Sooo, wanna go a bit more ballistic on my short entries now cuz I like how this looks. If I was further away from my initial deposit, I would go for it, but I don't really have anyone else's profits to be sacrificing at this point.

I'm at 4:1 lev now b/c my sell stop got triggered in the light green ellipse.

Average line is the orange line, let's see what cooks up after this

My hardest question for myself that I STILL can't confidently answer is, Where should I move my SL to? or How should I plan to scale out these lots should price keep going against me and reaches, or goes beyond :shock: my average line.
The simplest question, I'm sure, but for some reason I always get brain freeze when a trade brings me to this position. Any suggestions? :? :? :?

So, I actually had exited my EChf trade Friday afternoon; I took a look at the weekly and decided I would be [s]much better off[/s] much more comfortable closing, keeping the profit, and seeing if I could re-enter short off the EChf Weekly High if I was available. If I'm around to work that plan, we'll see.

Weekly:

I closed out my trades for +68, +42, 0 & 0
110 pips, yay!!! Only good for 1.1% account gain, LOLZ :P

#############################
Bettlebox,
I missed your other question,
I guess I use alerts, I'm usually by my trading station anyways, even when I'm at work. But, Yeah, I guess still sometimes when I'm waiting for something I will use my alerts. Usually my FXTS2 tradestation alerts; but I also have a nice horizontal line alert for MT4 (both can send email or text message as well as long as the platform is turned on.) I think I even found a trendline alert for MT4 that handles diagonal line breaks. If I'm away from my computer I use http://www.dailyfx.com/charts/mobile_price_alerts/ to send me text messages.

Looks like FXCM is getting closer to rolling out their own US Dollar Index.
Also, I'm in NY time, but I haven't set any overnight alerts to wake me for London price action or anything, I've just been wanting to get my sleep as of late :smt015 .

Also Jalarupa mentioned this other online alerts service that looks really good,
http://www.alertfx.com/
It even lets you set alerts based on indicators if you so choose (but why would you wanna? :wink: )

I know, I know, Probably a lot more of a reply than you were expecting, lol.
Last edited by TygerKrane on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TygerKrane

AJ Longs, 09-28-11

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm ready for AJ Longs now, my H3 isn't really giving me a clear indication of where though, so I guess I'll just be checking out H1 for an entry reason.
Of course, the PA in the H3 chart could fail much the same way that the PA in the orange circle of the D1 chart did.

D1, H3:

H3, H1, M20, M5:

The funny thing being, if the MN1 chart were an H3, or H1, I'd DEFINITELY be looking to go short.

MN1:

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:34 am

TygerKrane wrote:I closed out my trades for +68, +42, 0 & 0
110 pips, yay!!! Only good for 1.1% account gain, LOLZ :P

Slow and steady wins the race ;-)

Now compress that 1.1% in some space and see it grow :)

Return to “beginners forum”