TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

SkavenDC

Postby SkavenDC » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:46 am

Tyger,

Well. It seems that I have not been the only one here that has been away. Welcome back. I just had to take some time off because I simply got busy. It's ashame too. I was looking at my weekly progress reports and I was doing pretty well the last active month of trading. Now It feels like I am starting anew. It also seem as though a lot has happened here on Kreslik. Haven't read all about it yet, but I'm sure I get to it.

Last time I came back, I got right up to the point that MightyOne opened his mouth in the NLA thread and then stopped reading there. That's ashame. Es/pip's charts really clarified the whole z-line thing. That's what I have been focusing on and I really like it.

Well, I have no golden nuggets to provide like alias does, and will probably be quite some time before I ever do. Just wanted to let you know that I'm glad you're back. Told you before that I enjoyed reading your thread, and was disappointed to see you had not posted in quite some time. Talk to you later bud.

Edward

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 am

"I got right up to the point that MightyOne opened his mouth in the NLA thread and then stopped reading there..."

I am almost drunk enough to take that the wrong way ;)

SkavenDC

Postby SkavenDC » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 am

MightyOne wrote:"I got right up to the point that MightyOne opened his mouth in the NLA thread and then stopped reading there..."

I am almost drunk enough to take that the wrong way ;)

You shouldn't at all. I just simply didn't understand the first time through. Should learn to just keep at it. I just wish I was around at that point to actually participate in the discussion. Some good stuff came into that thread at the point where you "opened your mouth" as I put it. :D

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 pm

SkavenDC wrote:Tyger,

Well. It seems that I have not been the only one here that has been away. Welcome back. I just had to take some time off because I simply got busy. It's ashame too. I was looking at my weekly progress reports and I was doing pretty well the last active month of trading. Now It feels like I am starting anew. It also seem as though a lot has happened here on Kreslik. Haven't read all about it yet, but I'm sure I get to it.

Last time I came back, I got right up to the point that MightyOne opened his mouth in the NLA thread and then stopped reading there. That's ashame. Es/pip's charts really clarified the whole z-line thing. That's what I have been focusing on and I really like it.

Well, I have no golden nuggets to provide like alias does, and will probably be quite some time before I ever do. Just wanted to let you know that I'm glad you're back. Told you before that I enjoyed reading your thread, and was disappointed to see you had not posted in quite some time. Talk to you later bud.

Edward

No doubt Skaven, Thanks!!

I'm back and on this b!tch like a male dog in heat :shock:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm back and on this b!tch like a male dog in heat

:shock: You go girl!

" Someday I'll " do all those things to achieve all my goals...SOMEDAY.

Most of the population lives on "Someday I'll" most of the time.

Losers make excuses, winners make progress.

I like reading your posts, keep at it, your potential is UNLIMITED!
Life is just a journey

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks PebbleTrader!

...the funny thing being that I trade almost everyday, and I never post anything up about them...I forgot that IT IS a reinforcement for learning from my mistakes.

And oh yes, there will be mistakes; might as well get my bang for the buck wit 'em:
Feel free to chime in and help me learn.

EChf short @1.1508; 2.5:1 leverage

H3, H1, M20:

M20, M5:

Issue#1:
Why don't I just take the 15pips? Past Experience tells me that I almost never get a large timeframe Zline target based off my first entry into the projected trade... :smt102
yada, yada, yada, Something about taking the little profit and making a cushion with it... :smt102
It is SO hard for me to just close the trade with 15pip, especially when my leverage is only 2.5:1. :smt102
I say this, and yet still I know pips are pips, and they DO MAKE profit cushions & profits at the end of the day...

Also, I have not as yet defined a target for this trade.
and my M5 entry purely a wild-stab guess as price returned to my H3 MOMO origin.

PS.
I'm still trying to find a suitable size for resizing my pics, let me know if they hurt the eyes; I'm on a 17.3" monitor now.

::EDIT::
1.1450 looks like a good target. Why such a large TP, that "fundamental" part of my brain that says, it's all about the CHF.
Unfortunately the fundamentals don't tell you how far back price whip before it makes its 'purposeful', intended, strong move...
Yes, *I DO* have a problem with smaller TP's... ](*,)

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Out @ 1.1490; (my entry was actually 1.1510)

M20, M5:

sometimes I base my exits off of M20:
If the 'losing' extreme of the candle is broken, then for the next candle, I set a TP somewhere towards the 'winning' extreme.
Hope that makes sense.

Sometimes this helps to give me patience when I'm not confident in my target, especially good when I am getting Consecutive Colored Candles.

(no there isn't usually a HUGE MOMO, like in this example, I'm just laying out the principle. Basically, it is just to help me get out of a trade and not give myself a f^ckin guilt-trip about 'leaving pips on the table'.

ALSO, I usually do this type of exit when I catch the entry within an M20 consolidating area, and then price moves out of the area. So technically, my exit at 1.1490 was probably a bit more impulsive than anything (since price wasn't consolidating where I got my short entry at.)
That and the fact that I 'trying' not to move my stop to breakeven.
That and the fact that it always feels like in this type of chart setup, I always end up damn catching the wrong end of a failed MightyZone.

~Krane

TygerKrane

THAT, damn setup.

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 pm

TygerKrane wrote:That and the fact that it always feels like in [highlight=red]this type of chart setup[/highlight], I always end up damn catching the wrong end of a failed MightyZone.

Like this, and fortunately the pairs are EA & EChf, so I guess you could say we are directly seeing the strength/weakness of the Euro at the crucial area of MightyZone/MOMO origin.

I see this setup sooo freaking often, maybe if I put it out there something might click & I might soon give this repetitive unfolding area the thrashing it deserves...

EA:

EChf:

Comments? Do others recognize this pattern as well? (that's a semi-trick question :P )

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:29 am

Hey Tyger,

Very nice trade off the EC lows... must have been a supply zone on a longer term chart... Otherwise the age old MO psychology of exit after a large bodied candle was just reverse engineered :P

But yeah way to go attacking the zline... very nice ;-)

I'm trying to understand your charts, though... I hope I have it right in my mind. Taking a break from Forex at the moment as we busy setting up a business this side, but yeah I hope to be back in action next month. Great to see you doing so well Tyger :)
:smt065

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:02 am

So! I'm feeling the need to hold this EChf short (as I continue tackling "that setup").
I'm half asking myself if I should even be in this trade, or should I be waiting for a more definitive short MOMO on the M20 and then price returning there before I go short...

So I started off with my first entry, as price stalled there, I set a Short Limit Order hoping price would break below the previous H1 extreme and keep going. My second order was triggered, but price was going nowhere, so I closed my first trade for +10p.

I wouldn't normally have 40P SL, but I'm using that +10p I cleared from my first entry. ( i think that is how the idea goes. )

No target, as the D1 shows we are double-bottom status; I'm looking for this to fall through.

Why am I not instead trying to trade Long from DWM low extremes? --That damn fundamental brain of mine saying CHF has the better hand overall.

Weekly chart shows what I mean better:

EChf short, each entry still only 2.5:1 leverage.

D1, H3, H1:

H3, H1, M20:

Anyone have thoughts on my question in the pic, or just what you would have thought to yourself seeing the charts like that?
Last edited by TygerKrane on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “beginners forum”