TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:42 am

LOL, you guys are ridiculous!!!

But I feel the magic too, I look at that picture...
and next thing I know, 5mins of my life have slipped by, and I don't think that I even blinked once while staring!

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:31 pm

Pretty safe to say that EJ has gone parabolic...
Precipitous Crash, anyone???

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TheInnerCircleTrader

Postby TheInnerCircleTrader » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:47 am

:) interesting seeing myself here... nice to meet you.

TygerKrane

Howdy, ICT!

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:01 pm

TheInnerCircleTrader wrote::) interesting seeing myself here... nice to meet you.

Hey, is that really you?!? Surprise, surprise 8)
I'm thinking you googled your name and discovered this thread here from my previous post about you...?

I must say, you're the only person who I have ever heard call EURUSD "The Fiber."

I'm hoping that by September of this year that I can be half as ambitious as your goals.

Later Trader,

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:11 pm

I must say, it is very interesting to watch a TheInnerCircleTrader video {he uses pivots}, while thinking in terms of ZLines & MightyZones...
(I guess I watch them that way as a training exercise)

http://theinnercircletrader.blogspot.co ... chive.html

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:17 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Pretty safe to say that EJ has gone parabolic...

:roll: :roll:
It probably hurts to ignore the fact that Japan IS ACTUALLY facing growing & growing crises.

That being said, I'm more interested in being a good trader of Price Action, NOT A GOOD analyzer of Fundamentals...

(but I'm still buying that physical silver :wink: )

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 am

TygerKrane wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:Pretty safe to say that EJ has gone parabolic...

:roll: :roll:
It probably hurts to ignore the fact that Japan IS ACTUALLY facing growing & growing crises.

That being said, I'm more interested in being a good trader of Price Action, NOT A GOOD analyzer of Fundamentals...

(but I'm still buying that physical silver :wink: )

What are fundamentals? :wink:

TygerKrane

Back for Battle!

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Hello everyone!
After a few months of solitary training:

it's safe to say that I've improved...marginally.

For a bit, I went back to indicators, I was looking at two different types of Currency Strength Meters (in the idea of finding which currency is kicking everyone's butt, and trading it against a currency that is more or less getting it's butt kicked by everyone else)...
I must say, I really do not like the idea of using indicators, this site has put a permanent bad taste in my mouth as far ever wanting to use indicators goes.

I also spent a bit of time with fundamentals/news. That is to say, mainly on the weekends I would read Bloomberg news and see what the major biases seemed to be. I liked this a bit better, it gave me a strong bias and super confidence to act off of, lots of times it felt like I was front-running the market and consistently picking the direction for longer time-frame runs. But I also held the bias too strong at times and couldn't switch when the market was clearly doing something different than what the articles suggested. Surely, with more practice I could get a better balance between news influence vs. Price Action influence on my trading. So I stopped reading the news a while back, but over the last week or so, it would've been sweeeeet to know that Portugal had been downgraded and so a strong short bias against the EUR had come into play.
But as MightyOne has told me over and over again, no matter how many different ways I tried to phrase the question to him; Fundamentals are Irrelevant (to trading profitably and making big returns), so I really don't feel like swimming upstream against this topic anymore.

So, this is what I'm left with:

Radar~:

Trading HQ~: (at the top of the H3 chart is where/when Portugal got downgraded)

For whatever reason, I am really into H3, M20 & M5 timeframes...sometimes I will peek into the H1 as well.

I've stayed away from 3CC's (looks like the guys and gals are having fun with it, but I'm not looking for another learning curve if the success-making info has already been out there from long time ago.)
I'm even going to stay away from using CC's (which I really liked.)
Just MOMO, Zlines, S/R & S/D.

Other than that, the only other way that I had wanted to trade, it's kind of mechanical (and it still creeps in my mind and screws me up now); is to trade the same direction of the previous H3 while staying alert for breakouts in the opposite direction. I SWEAR it kills me when I have a losing day and then look at the chart and see 3 or 4 Consecutive Colored Candles, meaning that I lost money on an obviously trending day.

I am also increasing my account size, seems silly since I KNOW I am not a profitable trader yet (getting closer tho :oops: ), but I saw a disturbing pattern in myself: after trading wins & losses and remaining breakeven for a few weeks, I would just get agitated and then start severely overleveraging on a trade. My account would swing like -13% on the day, but I would manage to bring it back. Basically, I wasn't scared to go crazy b/c I knew that I could easily replace the money if lost. So now I am increasing my account size b/c I know I would rather kick a puppy than have to replace THAT kind of money; and we don't want to have to do that to the little puppy-wuppies. :cry:

That being said, I am only entering my trades now at like 2:1 leverage, it feels sad, and it's a far cry from the glamorous 20:1 entries (i.e. 2% per 10pips) I envisioned for myself, but it keeps me realistically in the game. The great thing about losing 1% is that it only takes a gain of 1.01% to bring you back to break even :lol:
Plus, its been said several times that it's perfectly normal to work yourself up to 20:1, 2% per 10pips entries.

I need to work on the balance between when to go for small TPs vs. large TPs, and how to actually feel satisfied with getting the small TPs (I tend to react like if I waited a long time for an entry opportunity, then it must be held onto and taken for BIG pips.)
I will also work on feeling ok that I waited 2 and a half hours for a trade, but then just closed it b/c the m5 closed against me. :cry:
These are the crucial areas that if I change these & have control over them, I can venture a bit more on higher leveraged entries for smaller pip TPs, and to become a better trader overall.

Glad to be back
8)

P.S.
Also, in my absence, I upgraded from my 15.6" laptop to a 17.3". I hope my screenshots going forward don't hurt your eyes.
But if I actually end up posting something useful and you want to see it better, just let me know, I have the larger versions.)

aliassmith

Re: Back for Battle!

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:35 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Hello everyone!
After a few months of solitary training:

it's safe to say that I've improved...marginally.

For a bit, I went back to indicators, I was looking at two different types of Currency Strength Meters (in the idea of finding which currency is kicking everyone's butt, and trading it against a currency that is more or less getting it's butt kicked by everyone else)...
I must say, I really do not like the idea of using indicators, this site has put a permanent bad taste in my mouth as far ever wanting to use indicators goes.

I also spent a bit of time with fundamentals/news. That is to say, mainly on the weekends I would read Bloomberg news and see what the major biases seemed to be. I liked this a bit better, it gave me a strong bias and super confidence to act off of, lots of times it felt like I was front-running the market and consistently picking the direction for longer time-frame runs. But I also held the bias too strong at times and couldn't switch when the market was clearly doing something different than what the articles suggested. Surely, with more practice I could get a better balance between news influence vs. Price Action influence on my trading. So I stopped reading the news a while back, but over the last week or so, it would've been sweeeeet to know that Portugal had been downgraded and so a strong short bias against the EUR had come into play.
But as MightyOne has told me over and over again, no matter how many different ways I tried to phrase the question to him; Fundamentals are Irrelevant (to trading profitably and making big returns), so I really don't feel like swimming upstream against this topic anymore.

So, this is what I'm left with:

Radar~:

Trading HQ~: (at the top of the H3 chart is where/when Portugal got downgraded)

For whatever reason, I am really into H3, M20 & M5 timeframes...sometimes I will peek into the H1 as well.

I've stayed away from 3CC's (looks like the guys and gals are having fun with it, but I'm not looking for another learning curve if the success-making info has already been out there from long time ago.)
I'm even going to stay away from using CC's (which I really liked.)
Just MOMO, Zlines, S/R & S/D.

Other than that, the only other way that I had wanted to trade, it's kind of mechanical (and it still creeps in my mind and screws me up now); is to trade the same direction of the previous H3 while staying alert for breakouts in the opposite direction. I SWEAR it kills me when I have a losing day and then look at the chart and see 3 or 4 Consecutive Colored Candles, meaning that I lost money on an obviously trending day.

I am also increasing my account size, seems silly since I KNOW I am not a profitable trader yet (getting closer tho :oops: ), but I saw a disturbing pattern in myself: after trading wins & losses and remaining breakeven for a few weeks, I would just get agitated and then start severely overleveraging on a trade. My account would swing like -13% on the day, but I would manage to bring it back. Basically, I wasn't scared to go crazy b/c I knew that I could easily replace the money if lost. So now I am increasing my account size b/c I know I would rather kick a puppy than have to replace THAT kind of money; and we don't want to have to do that to the little puppy-wuppies. :cry:

That being said, I am only entering my trades now at like 2:1 leverage, it feels sad, and it's a far cry from the glamorous 20:1 entries (i.e. 2% per 10pips) I envisioned for myself, but it keeps me realistically in the game. The great thing about losing 1% is that it only takes a gain of 1.01% to bring you back to break even :lol:
Plus, its been said several times that it's perfectly normal to work yourself up to 20:1, 2% per 10pips entries.

I need to work on the balance between when to go for small TPs vs. large TPs, and how to actually feel satisfied with getting the small TPs (I tend to react like if I waited a long time for an entry opportunity, then it must be held onto and taken for BIG pips.)
I will also work on feeling ok that I waited 2 and a half hours for a trade, but then just closed it b/c the m5 closed against me. :cry:
These are the crucial areas that if I change these & have control over them, I can venture a bit more on higher leveraged entries for smaller pip TPs, and to become a better trader overall.

Glad to be back
8)

P.S.
Also, in my absence, I upgraded from my 15.6" laptop to a 17.3". I hope my screenshots going forward don't hurt your eyes.
But if I actually end up posting something useful and you want to see it better, just let me know, I have the larger versions.)

[highlight=red]Just MOMO, Zlines, S/R & S/D[/highlight]
Ah-hA The eyes and mind have been open :)

As to account size: I would blow up accounts because I knew I could replace
them when I was learning. You have to believe your initial capital is the only
money you will ever have in your life and it can't be replaced.

You really need to relieve your mind from pip, money, and return goals. If
you focus on exectuion only, that stuff follows.

If you want to trade 20:1, I would suggest developing a profit cushion
(space), "risk gearing" methodology. I start every month new and risk very
low until I make a profit cushion of about 4%. The point in this initial phase
is risk control.

Once u have 4% you can trade bigger feel a bit more relaxed. If you have a
comfortable starting risk level and u can get 4% a week easily then the
money follows.

4% + 8% + 16% +32%= 60%

Then take comfort in knowing that most investment vehicles don't do nearly
as well.

"Since 1990 hedge funds have earned an average of 11.9% a year,
according to Citigroup (C ), which recently published a study on
performance. Over the same time, the S&P 500 and the average stock
mutual fund have risen 10.5% and 9.2%, respectively."

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz070.htm

When I read things like the above I realized that by doing 10% a month
which is simple I would be doing over 12 years of investing in one year. :)

Trading like I do now allows me to have incredible profits while protecting
my initial pool of funds.

Appears you are on the right track. :wink:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:13 pm

alias,
As always, providing some platinum info to fill in the gaps I always end up having.

Great to hear from you mate, Thanks for the Support,
~Krane

Woke up to see that Silver is now taken out of the portfolio (I forgot they were going to do that)... AUDCHF is a nice pair to throw into the rotation for me, the current Daily(24) range is 131 & the Weekly(13) range is 271; my FXCM micro seems to be holding steady with a 3.x pip spread...

Return to “beginners forum”