TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: Reversals Anonymous...

Postby MightyOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:15 pm

cfabian wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:[font=Verdana][highlight=violet]I Truly Have an Addiction to Reversals:[/highlight][/font]

Honestly. When I turn on my trading station it is the first thing I look for [reversals to go long, reversals to go short], and sometimes, unfortunately, I miss a hell of a lot b/c I miss seeing that continuations are part of the game as well.

There is a saying that goes something like, "If all you have is a Hammer, then the whole world begins to look like a Nail to you." I don't know if I can use that to actually help me...but it definitely seems fitting of my current mental situation, I say.

In the back of my mind, I am conjuring up ways in which the H4 can help me from getting whipped & battered in situations like this. (I guess there is also always the Zline basics that I can reconsider as well. :roll:)

As you can see, trying to get a long-term, Long position was a dismal bias for the last few days.

M90:

H4:

If looking to go long, it all starts with green paint closing higher than something.

With all that red paint on your charts, you would short the high extremes if your position on the larger charts looked good to you.

DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY, YEARLY...

Did price close above or below something last on these large charts?

That is the direction you are heading in.

MO,
This would've been a "good start" to go long (chart of the right)? Low extreme of the day /week, H12 long momo?

The answer is in comparisons:

Small bodies to large bodies

Small bodies to small bodies

Large bodies to large bodies

Red bodies to green bodies

recent history to current action

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Re: AJ 09-04-10 Observation

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:57 pm

[font=Times New Roman][highlight=black]From: Sat, Sept. 4 2010[/highlight][/font]
TygerKrane wrote:Curiouser and curiouser :-k ...

Consolidation or a sharp move out?

Not nearly as interesting, but what the hell :roll:

[font=Times New Roman][highlight=black]Till now: Wed, Sept. 22 2010[/highlight][/font]
This is how the situation played out: :-k ...

And EJ as well, for those who actually think my thread is halfway interesting and would notice if I neglected doing an update for EJ as well :roll:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

EJ breaking Resistance at 114.70

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:29 am

What is taking EJ so long to break resistance @ 114.70? :smt102 :-k

H1 [Sept. 28 6P EST - Sept. 29 EST] {Thats my new daily since I now have to Demo using MT4's Alpari feed. At least they I don't have the Sunday mini-day candle anymore on my charts.}

M15

I guess I'm supposed to start using Photobucket now instead of Tinypic?? Ok from tomorrow on...

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Re: Forex, 09-22-10, AJ reading

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:30 am

TygerKrane wrote:Image

[font=Times New Roman][highlight=black]How the situation played out from: Sat, Sept. 4 2010[/highlight][/font]

I realize in my post above though that it was silly of me to point out that the "Week Low & Week High set on same day". Duh, that happens every Monday that the week high and low are both set on the same day.
What I meant to take note of was the fact that the Week Low and High set on the Monday were STILL in effect midweek, some 5 hours before Wednesday ended.

On another note, this week looks like it'll be another slow one again too with neither Crash Zone being hit...
~~Now if Crash Zones are calculated on the MEDIAN of the last three weekly ranges, and 2 of those weekly ranges were pitifully small, might I conclude that next week, the Crash Zones HAVE TO BE hit???~~

Procharged, you have any plans for that "risk" capital of yours?? Next week is starting to look like a GREAT week to go kamikaze & harakiri all at the same time!!

[align=center] :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: [/align]

::NOTE:: The original post/chart was done with FXCM data & H4 timeframes, this post/chart done with Alpari data & H4 timeframes so candles won't exactly be lining up.
Last edited by TygerKrane on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TygerKrane

Krane's got something cooking...

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:16 am

[highlight=black][font=Andalus]Believe it or not, this might actually be signs of Progress...[/font][/highlight]

Tues Sept. 28 6P EST - Wed Sept. 29 6P EST
was pretty dismal trading, only lost 218 pips. Only 14 of my 15 trades were losers. Simple!

But actually, I am in the middle of cooking up something with Semas and Blind Mouse adding-in; only going long on AJ, and only going short on EJ. It didn't help though that AJ's range for the day was only @ 42pips, and EJ's range for the day was about 73pips.

Ignore the Bollinger Band (20, 2.8 ) I'm not using it, just testing out a price alert for it on the FXTS2 platform.

AJ ( longs only ^mostly^)

EJ (shorts only, no pants allowed)

Procharged, wanna collab with me on a NEVER WIN AGAIN project?!? :lol:

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:54 am

Just do the opposite of what you are doing and you will make a million.
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:47 pm

eudamonia wrote:Just do the opposite of what you are doing and you will make a million.

[schild=17 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=00008B shieldshadow=1]Boo!! Hiss Hiss!![/schild]

:P

I was definitely dumb money that day, just providing liquidity for the rest of you folks.

---------------

On another note, eudamonia, nice to see you here back and writing again.
Still alive and kicking...are we??? Still Draining the Banks - LIKE A CHEETAH...Are we???...Yes???

:lol:

~Krane

TygerKrane

Krane Catches Tyger 10/4/10 (Mon)

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:33 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]So![/font] I've been Studying and Trading, Trading and Studying. I think (for the time being) that I understand the theory and concept of what I should be doing, but my trading results are showing me that I haven't exactly passed this class yet. It's like I think I get it, but based on my results, there is CLEARLY something I am doing that is getting in the way of successful progress.

So I got to thinking that maybe I need to reshape these methods into a format that [highlight=green]addresses[/highlight] the particular weaknesses *I* have in carrying out the steps.

[highlight=BLACK]Krane cat[/highlight][highlight=orange]ches Tyger[/highlight]

Here's what the [highlight=darkred][font=Andalus]Trading Station[/font][/highlight] looks like:

[highlight=darkgrey][font=Times New Roman]Combining Semafores, CC Adjustments, Blind Mouse & Rat Reversals.[/font][/highlight]

[highlight=indigo]Based on the H1 chart:[/highlight]

[highlight=grey]Semafores[/highlight]
I will take lower '3's & '2's to go long on AJ
&
I will take upper '3's & '2's to go short on EJ

If I have a profit cushion, and no current position on that currency, I might enter on a 1 Sema if I believe it will get me a continuation of a trend. {Higher timeframes, Zlines/MightyZones, etc.}

[highlight=grey]CC Adjustments[/highlight]
CC (H3) on the AJ H1 chart will be adjusted based on the lower 3 or 2 Sema so that if I am at a proper bottom, the CC will be 'automatically' setup to give me a proper blueprint for the rise in prices that I should expect to see. I will trade the 'idea' of price making an upward move.

CC (H3) on the EJ H1 chart will be adjusted based on the upper 3 or 2 Sema so that if I am at a proper top, the CC will be 'automatically' setup to give me a proper blueprint for the decline in prices that I should expect to see. I will trade the 'idea' of price making a downward move.

I guess I'll also adjust the CC's on the M15/M45CC chart, but in all honesty, it feels pretty secondary compared to what I'm really focusing on.

[highlight=grey]Blind Mouse[/highlight]
Once in a trade, I will work on my Blind Mouse adding in until I get to an exit Sema. I will trade 3's to opposite 2's and 3's, and 2's to opposite 2's and 3's.
{If I'm just thirsty to build a profit cushion, I'll take the exit at opposite 1Sema and just wait.}

If an H1 3Sema coincides with an H4 3Sema, then I will consider that an accidental ticket into the bigger picture S&R Game and focus on the bigger picture timeframe accordingly.
Throughout all this I do occasionally check out the D1 and W1 charts.

[highlight=blue][font=times new roman]=============================================[/font][/highlight]
The M15/M45CC chart can look a bit messy at times I guess with those extra horizontal lines...it's for another 'thought experiment' I am carrying out at the same time.
But here's what I'm doing with all that:
[font=Arial][highlight=brown]AJ[/highlight][/font]
  • Keeping track of the current day open
  • Keeping track of the current H4 open
  • Keeping track of the previous H4 open and low
(also TRO_PLOT to show me Day/Week/Month <High/Low>)

[font=Arial][highlight=brown]EJ[/highlight][/font]
  • Keeping track of the current day open
  • Keeping track of the current H4 open
  • Keeping track of the previous H4 open and high
(also TRO_PLOT to show me Day/Week/Month <High/Low>)
[highlight=blue][font=times new roman]=============================================[/font][/highlight]

[highlight=orange]Stop Losses / Money Management / Breakevens:[/highlight]
  • @1 lot per $100 of account (so I'll have to start this with a minimum of @ $200). <if things really get going and I can have a strong confidence in this, then maybe in future I will increase/modify. The main point being to just stre~tch out a little bit of money and have some longevity while I prove/disprove my method.>
  • 2 lots per initial entry.
    <I have spent a lot of time recently just trading on 1 lot, in attempts to develop my patience and discipline...it's like jogging in wet sand along the beach; but for my trading- it did give me opportunities aplenty to learn and think about what was going on around me.>
  • 2% risk over 20pips. Since I usually have lots of screen time, this is how I will micro-manage it (and maybe I am just being TOO cheap, and it doesn't really matter, but here goes- until it proves too exhausting):
    If an M5 crosses or closes -10pips or more against me, I will move my stop loss to the wick extreme, and then attempt to get out at -10 (or see if the trade recovers)

Mark-07_Smile Mark-07_Smile
Which was actually the point I was trying to prove to myself here on this dismal day:

(i'm gonna make you eat those words, Ed :smt023 :twisted: :smt096
So You Can Eat and Grow Rich)
Mark-06_Smile Mark-06_Smile

[[^I considered 2% over 30pips with an alert line -15pips, but I think is a bit too...I just don't like it.
[[^Also, my AJ & EJ is $.12/pip, so technically, my account should be $240 if I want 2% risk, at 20pips, with 2 lots.
[[^I kind of like 2% over 25pips with an alert line -12 though...$300 account to make the math accurate.]]

[highlight=lightgreen]**Breakevens**[/highlight]
From trading/entering with one lot and waiting for a Blind Mouse opportunity to add-in, definitely hated it when my little, stupid single lot was in some profit and then the trade failed and hit my stoploss (or, I had to do my exit procedure above.)
Furthermore, my inner strength dies a little bit to move a trade to breakeven and have it get taken out right at my INITIAL entry point.

[highlight=pink]My Compromise then?[/highlight]
With a 2 lot entry, close one lot with an 11-20pip gain and move my stoploss the same distance negative from my initial entry. That way it is not my INITIAL entry that could get wicked out, but something FURTHER back. {And the trade is net zero, with me losing nothing on my account at the end of my attempt.}

The overall intention of profiting is by Blind Mouse adding-in anyway, so as long as I have a free lot on the playing field that doesn't get wicked out at INITIAL entry, I think I'll be happier at the end of the day...

And that's all anybody really wants when all is said and done, isn't it?? To be Happy?... :lol:

[font=Verdana][highlight=violet]...And before we move forward, a little prayer/invocation:[/highlight][/font]
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.
[font=Comic Sans MS]-Sir Isaac Newton[/font]

[highlight=violet]Orion aveugle cherchant le soleil[/highlight]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_o ... _of_giants

TygerKrane

Delay of Game

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:06 pm

All that being said, I probably won't be able to start until next Wednesday. :shock:
:lol:

I guess I'll be posting a few of the more-promising looking entries along with some equity curves going forward.

(this annoying headache isn't helping my cause today either...)

TygerKrane

Re: Forex, 09-22-10, AJ reading

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:33 pm

8) TygerKrane 8) wrote:...
On another note, this week looks like it'll be another slow one again too with neither Crash Zone being hit...
~~Now if Crash Zones are calculated on the MEDIAN of the last three weekly ranges, and 2 of those weekly ranges were pitifully small, might I conclude that next week, the Crash Zones HAVE TO BE hit???~~

Might be a great week to place a few different types of binary options based on this week's Crazh Zones.

Return to “beginners forum”