TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

trueblueTEX

Mmm,

Postby trueblueTEX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:28 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Did I mention I was trying to get back to Japan, lol!?!

Granted, this was taken at NYC's Halloween parade, but still.....

Blame it on the Smirnoff Ice I'm drinking tonight :smt030

Do you happen to have the phone number of the girl on the right?

Thanks

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Re: Mmm,

Postby MightyOne » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:33 am

trueblueTEX wrote:

Thanks

I cannot imagine being surrounded by Asian women...it is just too much for me to think about :wink:

TygerKrane

How to make a quick 10-13 pips a day!

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:13 pm

[highlight=red]DO THE OPPOSITE OF MY FIRST TRADE!![/highlight]

I swear, try as I may, try as I might, that one ALWAYS gets stopped out.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:16 pm

trueblueTEX wrote:

Thanks

Spoken like a true Pirate! Going for the pirate chic, lol.
Well, as long as it's not the nun on the left that you're after, why not?!? 8)

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Re: Conflicting Viewpoints

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:28 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Momentum Candles are not for everyone.

Momentum Candles are not for me...yet.

Whatever at least two people before me have learned, I damn sure can be the third. :-k =D>

On a related note, I caught a glimpse of page 12 & 13 of The Weekly Crash Zone, and I am fighting my clicking finger not to go through and read the thread again, I am so trying to stay focused on a minimum number of methods, but dammit, you guys keep putting up some good stuff.
So, for the time being, I'm trying to censor how much new stuff I'm taking in...hmm, how to read and NOT absorb, huh?

TygerKrane

Weekly recap, of sorts...

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:42 pm

So, I sincerely hope that deciding to keep a journal doesn't mean that I am going to go back and make all my newbie mistakes again, just so that I can go back to my journal and tell myself not to do it again (for all to see and learn off of, again.)

Take this previous week for example. It was like every damn time I breathed on my keyboard, my stop loss got pushed back further and further somehow. I haven't done that kind of thing for like 5 months now, and somehow this week I did it like it was going out of style. {I still have NO idea what made me think I had suddenly become a guru of calling market bottoms and tops. :smt102 }

The best part was my Thursday night trade that I pushed back my stop loss on before I went to sleep. I would've woken up Fri, up 5% on the week (making up for all my earlier mistakes in the week.) But price went 6 pips past my stop before reversing for the big move. And I totally could've afforded putting an extra 10 pips into my already extended SL. Anyways, it's never good to reinforce bad habits, so f@#% it.

TygerKrane

Weekly recap, of sorts (2)... Buy Zone Take Profits

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:29 pm

So I am following a Buy Zone method. I realized my problem comes from taking profit. And unfortunately for me right now, hitting the button to take profit on trade #2
of the day is considerably harder after the first trade was a loss. { See earlier post from today. }

I'm sure many of you can relate, you want your second trade to make up for the loss of your first trade, and depending on how macho you are feeling at the time, you
might even want that second trade to break you even and give you some profit; or breakeven plus make you hit your daily target of the day. Not that that is impossible, but
at my skill level, I'm hurting myself more than helping by insisting to myself that I can do it all in two trades. (at least for my style of trading.)

I had to ask myself how do I choose a take profit on this, it's like I'm trying to let it run, but I don't even have a clear target, so I don't know when to say when.
I also just need to let myself just scalp it sometimes. (hmm, I think this paragraph highlights conflicting attitudes that will screw me up when I am in the middle of trade
and the money is back on the line.) {and yes, even trading on 2lots, I still gave myself trouble in closing one and setting the other to breakeven; it must be the
fear/greed thing, and not having good enough control on myself yet when my day is negative.}

So the funniest thing kept happening this week after I did Take Profit on BZ trades (either to break even, or just to lessen my losses on the day.) Say the candle went green,
so I went long as well, and then I closed out my trade. I felt like since I had closed out my Buy Zone trade, there must be nothing left further in
that direction. <I didn't want to admit to myself that I might have closed my trade early.> Therefore, I started playing the candle to the opposite direction (i.e. going short
on the green candle) as if my taking profit meant I had stumbled on the market top and there was no more profit left in that direction for you other traders.
So I guess that's why I kept pulling my stops back and thinking I had already found the top/bottom.

Like I said, going back to newbie mistakes.

But totally, since I had pulled out, I didn't want to admit that there could be more profit in that direction. Must be an ego thing.

(maybe I should seriously consider re-entry rules. How to safely get back in on, say, a green H4 candle after I've taken my first profit, for example.)
First thing comes to
mind is the examples of hedging/adding to positions you guys have been posting up. Love this one:
Bredin gunning for sextillions

I guess its the same principle, except that they are already in the position, whereas I am trying to get my first bit in.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:34 pm

MightyOne wrote: I cannot imagine being surrounded by Asian women...it is just too much for me to think about :wink:

Being surrounded by Asian women puts me in [highlight=orange]The Mighty Zone[/highlight]. :smt058 :smt055

TygerKrane

Following previous H4/D1

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Of course, this week also makes me wonder again, why not just follow the previous H4 or D1 candle as a trading bias?

(Note the last 6 D1 candles in the miniware chart to see how the week played out. The 6th candle from the right (green) is the inter-period
candle that pops up on MT4 on Sunday before the 7P EST H4 candle starts.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:05 pm

MightyOne wrote:90% of traders are taught that jumping off of a cliff is profitable.

5% of traders listen to what was said and are intelligent enough climb down using a rope.

2% of traders take the long way around and down and profit from the traders who did not need to take any risk but were concerned with getting from point A to B as FAST as possible.

The End :wink:

The best way to start is with a single micro lot.

If you can make $100 trading one micro lot then you know what you are doing.

I see that I am not jumping off the cliff, but am taking unnecessary risk trying to get from A to B as fast as possible.

There were some times this past week when I placed a trade and turned off the trading platform for 6 hours just because part of me wanted to trade, when the real part of me knew that I wasn't fully mentally ready.

Return to “beginners forum”