TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:29 am

oops, wrong daily low,no need

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

EJ paper trade 07-26-10

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

I want to participate so bad, but I'm ultra-busy at work :evil:

::EDIT:: Maybe I should just make the line 112.798, the open of the day candle, since at this point, the day candle is a doji with equal length upper and lower wick...

H4 overview:

::2ND EDIT::
Mentally I have a Long bias, even though I see this:

ok, gotta do my job now, seriously. :(

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

webmail4tom

Re: Psychological Rant

Postby webmail4tom » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:26 pm

MightyOne wrote:
webmail4tom wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote::evil: :evil: [highlight=BLACK]PSYCHOLOGICAL RANT[/highlight] :smt096 :smt096

Excuse the rant, talking it out like this, calling it out like this, (even if the outburst seems extreme or unnecessary) makes it have less and less of an effect on me and I get over it quicker. A frantic mind is not good for me during trading, and I always feel worse afterwards.

Tuesday July 20, was a big day for me somehow, it made a lot of thoughts rise up in me, and I thought it best to write them down so I wouldn't forget what was going on inside of me and to articulate what it was that I have to deal with. I was at work, and as it hit me, I wrote out 11 sticky notes back to back of thoughts that were just pouring out. Sorry if you guys think that I get a bit too mental with this and I should just cool out and not get worked up about every little thing. For myself though, I feel that my psychology is the biggest thing holding me back and keeping me at [highlight=black]"Non-Expert Trader" [/highlight] status. For the purpose of getting through this mental block faster, I will write out each demon that surfaces as I see them so that I can defeat them quicker and move on (that's just how it works best for me.) If I'm trading and I experience a negative thought pattern more than three times, then that is an issue for me and I will target it. I meant to post this up Tuesday night, but was just too busy, so I'm getting it all out now. Maybe others out there might read it and relate, maybe some noobs out there will read it and relate to it as well and be thankful to see someone elses psychological trials and tribulations. Or maybe I am the only one who has ever felt like this, in any case, as long I get through this 'resistance' :) sooner rather than later, I'll say the ends justify the means and once I'm successful you all can call me Psychopathic-Pipsicology for all I care.
Since there is a Forex market that exists and gives us this opportunity, I want to escape the Rat Race and have no more leash on my life, MORE THAN ANYTHING.

So anywayz, my frustrating issue of the moment is adding into positions.

When adding into orders: getting stingy about the P/L; and frantic as price approaches my average line. Absolutely HATING and DREADING seeing two positive orders both go negative as I see my average line getting crossed, but at the same time not wanting to close the order or move my stop loss to break even b/c I also dread the 'getting wicked out of a great trade' (aka Zlined.) Need to get comfortable with the Swarm Method, need to re-acquaint myself w/ 'That zline could have failed just like any other S/R...' from aliassmith; 'the zlines, MZ areas do not always hold----hence...' from es/pip; and 'Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but that is trading...' from dragon33.

--[I actually have a file called Forex Motivational, it has many quotes from the traders here. Just different ways of them saying that this is not a perfect science and to never feel beat down because losses are part of the day-to-day business of this whole Forex venture that we love. It's a message that I need to beat over and over into my head b/c still, if my ego gets bruised it will push me into trading paralysis, like back here. If anyone likes, I will post it.]--

Need to get comfortable with giving up/ risking some of my profit to capture more of what the market will make available to me. {I need to just practice, practice, practice, until I'm not Mr. Scared Chickenshit anymore when it comes to risking part of my gains.)

This is so simple TygerKrane,

Price closes over (below) a line and you in turn place an average price above the line.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2vk0shd.gif

You don't have to follow aggressive patterns!

You can place an average anywhere you like:

80% RET = 1 for 4: for every four units, add 1 unit and your average price will be a RET of 80%

70% RET: 3 for 7

60% RET: 2 for 3

50% RET: 1 for 1

40% RET: 3 for 2

You simply go back in time and move your average price to a level where you feel it is "safe" to be short from.

What about moving to/trading long term charts?

Same damn game, bigger chess board...

MightyOne,

over the last 60 minutes I am trying to understand your message and the chart you have provided.

I just can´t bring it to life :(

- By "units" you mean lots? i.e. 10,000 or 100,000
- Is the bold blue line the entry point?
- What are the 2 blue dotted lines?
- The -4.5% box is the max. risk from the beginning?

Thank you
Tom

A unit is x amount of currency...
if you have a 10,000 account then 1u = 10,000c (currency).

No entry points are shown.

The solid orange lines are average entries.

The two dotted blue lines is an area of resistance.

-4.5% is the maximum risk on the trade:

5u: 90 pips = -4.5%
10u: 45 pips = -4.5%
25u: 18 pips = -4.5%

The greater the number of units the more you rely on your cushion of profit to shield you from adverse moves.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was something about averaging In/Out of a trade.

TygerKrane

My New Trading Toy/Tool

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:38 pm

[highlight=orange]Looks like I've adopted a new Toy/Tool to help me multi-task better with my trading, and other things that I am doing.[/highlight]

I am notoriously horrible at multi-tasking.
Basically, my new toy is an alarm clock - gadget/app that installed into my Windows 7. It should work on Vista as well.

You can use your own sound files for the alarm.

I basically use it, so that I can COMPLETELY put my mind other places and do other things while I am price-stalking (i.e. alerting me every 5 mins so I can see if the Rat Reversal is ready for me to put in a limit order, alerting me to check when candles close to see if they are closing against me, alerting me to check when a CC has finished forming.)

It also helps me multi-task better at work which is important now since I'm hitting the busy season again :x .

As you see the little clock in the upper right hand corner of my screenshots going forward, that's what that is.

Leaves me free to focus on whatever I'm watching on YouTube, or getting reacquainted with a movie from back in the day that I used to really like:

http://www.ovguide.com/movies_tv/master ... _crane.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYR8JdU5XUw

Paradoxically, it's not even my SUPER-favorite, otherwise, my name might've been FlyingFox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y175T_UkQQ
http://www.eztakes.com/store/movie/Jade ... wnload.jsp

Before I forget, this website is also good as an alarm clock for your computer: (it works straight through your web browser)
http://www.nakedalarmclock.com/

TygerKrane

Blind Mouse, AJ August month high??

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:48 pm

So what if the month high (for the next few days at least), has been already set within the first 24 hours?

OBSERVE THE MASTER....

what i mean is, observe the master come and correct my crappy attempts... :smt075 :P

What I saw about 13 hours ago:

What I saw about 2 and a half hours ago:

What I saw about 30 mins ago:

TygerKrane

Blind Mouse, AJ short off of Weekly High

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:40 am

My average should be a little ABOVE 78.47, which is the high of that second to last H4 wick...

ALSO, 78.15 is the monthly open...

TygerKrane

AJ vs EJ Monthly Bias

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Since both AJ and EJ are so close to their Monthly Open:

My main trading focus is for only shorting AJ at this point. (Anticipating it to close over lower and lower lines.)

If EJ breaks above its monthly open, then I will only be looking to trade EJ long. (and stop trading on the AJ.)

bredin

Postby bredin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:07 am

This might sound weird, and probably baseless, but if either of these pairs has a D1 close below MN open I will be watching with interest on the short side because of OEF....

Just an observation of interest, not in any way a prediction :)

G.
Welcome to the era of "Guns and Maskies" Trading!
The previous message contains discretion. Viewer nudity is advised.
Insanity Industries Indicators Here
Insanity Industries on YouTube!

TygerKrane

Re: AJ vs EJ Monthly Bias

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:29 am

TygerKrane wrote:Since both AJ and EJ are so close to their Monthly Open:

My main trading focus is for only shorting AJ at this point. (Anticipating it to close over lower and lower lines.)

If EJ breaks above its monthly open, then I will only be looking to trade EJ long. (and stop trading on the AJ.)

Too bad I can't add-in when I'm sleeping... :roll:

Maybe to consider taking that EJ Long now, not too aggressively, lets see how far up this blind mouse can stumble :smt030

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:20 am

bredin wrote:This might sound weird, and probably baseless, but if either of these pairs has a D1 close below MN open I will be watching with interest on the short side because of OEF....

Just an observation of interest, not in any way a prediction :)

G.

Hey bredin,
What is OEF, I saw it mentioned in your Insanity thread, and I saw that you wrote an indicator for it, could you enlighten me or point me to a link or something?

Thanks,

Return to “beginners forum”