TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Love-Hate Relationship

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:23 pm

I love it when I'm studying, I see other peoples examples, and EVERYTHING looks so clear and obvious, and I say to myself, "Next time I turn on my trading station, I'm going to Ace it, Straight Sets [tennis lingo], ALL DAY LONG, The-Market-Doesn't-Stand-A-Chance!!!!!" . And then when I turn on, I'm like, "Uhhh, okay hotshot, what/where is that big plan and clarity you had before :oops: "

That being said, I Love trading like no other passion!!

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

NLA gems 4

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:02 pm

[font=Courier New][highlight=darkgreen]This post could be a continuation of the previous [/highlight][/font]conversation, [font=Courier New][highlight=darkgreen] but felt it was a little something different so I wanted to subdivide:[/highlight][/font]

(Also includes the definition of 'High Water Mark')

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009
:idea: MightyOne :idea: wrote:
marcromero wrote:I'm pretty new to forex so what you are saying is kinda like me reading something a lawyer wrote. This question might sound stupip but how do I figure out how much I should risk on each trade. I like low risk but I've been having to risk about 5%+ per trade to make any head way.

The very first question you should be able to answer is if you can profitably trade Forex.

You should start out trading micro lots for your first 200 trades.

If you are profitable after 200 trades then you risk half your win
ratio divided by 10.
If you are a 70% trader (70w to 30 losses) then you would risk
3.5% of your account at maximum.

If you are experienced in Forex, but have never recorded your
win/loss ratio then it is pretty safe to trade 3% at maximum.

The amount of money that you risk should be based on the highest value that your account has reached (high water mark).

Scaling down (risking less as your account declines) magnifies prev. losses.
If you lose 4% then you need to make 4.16% to B.E.
If you lost 12% of your account then you need to make 13.44% just to break even.

What does this mean to you?

It means that if you lose 30 pips and scale down then make 30 pips you are still sitting with a loss.

FYI, I've never calculated my Win/Loss ratio and don't ever plan to.
  1. Do I believe I am following a valid method?
  2. Am I really carrying it out the way I am supposed to?
  3. Is my account going up more than it is going down?
  4. When I am wrong, am I in control, or do I go kamikaze trying to prove that I should've been correct?
(something like that)
Anywayz,

Self-Mastery and Money Management trumps all, I feel. {They keep you in the game longer, with less confidence killing and less psychological damage due to not going broke over and over again. The increased time and more stable mindset should allow you to judge 'What's really good' with your trading method, if the method is worthwhile afterall.}

~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:25 am

I am watching a documentary called Mail Order Wife. It starts out with a fat guy getting married to an Asian but the film guy ends up stealing her (so I guess this is about trading...keh keh). The film guy starts arguing with her about her ceramic pig collection and the whole time I am saying to myself, "Dude, you have an asian wife...STFU." I would give a million dollars to have an Asian wife...that loved me anyways, but we know that all women just love themselves so I am screwed...

Anyways, forgive my blabbering, I am just venting...I promise to follow this post up with something helpful :wink: :lol:

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:58 am

Manta wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I am watching a documentary called Mail Order Wife. It starts out with a fat guy getting married to an Asian but the film guy ends up stealing her (so I guess this is about trading...keh keh). The film guy starts arguing with her about her ceramic pig collection and the whole time I am saying to myself, "Dude, you have an asian wife...STFU." I would give a million dollars to have an Asian wife...that loved me anyways, but we know that all women just love themselves so I am screwed...

Anyways, forgive my blabbering, I am just venting...I promise to follow this post up with something helpful :wink: :lol:

hehe, go to any country in south east asia (my favourite one is Thailand). You can have as many asian wives as you wish in less than 10 minutes and you dont have to even move your ass from your bar chair. But I would not recommend to bring them back home with you. I know people who made this mistake, but it is another story...
Many people in poor countries think, that it is some kind of paradise here in western world.

I think that you need to come with me, if I go alone then I am taking at least 5 home with me :wink: :lol:

johny

Postby johny » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am

MightyOne wrote:
I think that you need to come with me, if I go alone then I am taking at least 5 home with me :wink: :lol:

If you want to implode risk.... http://www.dream-asians.com

Am I getting one to one trading lessons in return? :-)

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:34 am

Thats right! go pay for there yaba addiction...

Buying sex in thailand = U fail!
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

pablo101

Postby pablo101 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:33 pm

http://www.dream-asians.com

I was in the land of smiles two weeks back and it was an awesome trip.

thai girls are wayyy hotter than the dogs on that link ;)

(and no, I didn't tap any as I was with wifey)

TygerKrane

NLA gems 5...A Zline by any other frame just isn't the same

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 am

[font=Lucida Console][highlight=darkorange]This will help me do my [/highlight][highlight=darkorange]Multi Time Frame Analysis [/highlight][highlight=darkorange]better, it should give me a much clearer purpose of [/highlight][highlight=darkorange]one of the things I should be trying to see[/highlight][highlight=darkorange], to find opportunity:[/highlight][/font]

Was going through NLA and picked up something I didn't expect (much like you guys when you go to Thailand; "Land of Smiles" huh? :lol: [That's what She said! :oops: ])

With all my Zline Bootcamp training and the astronomical number of yous guys screenshots I looked at, I never really considered that what looks like a Picture-Perfect, 'consecutive-bar' Zline trade on a higher timeframe, doesn't have to look like that at all on a smaller timeframe.
Furthermore, I never considered that I could be watching a smaller timeframe WITH ALL MY FOCUS and still miss the beautiful Zline setup going on in a higher timeframe :!:

I think this will make me a much more betterer scannerer ( :shock: ) of multiple timeframes, I feel like I now have more of a visual target to understand the compression and expansion of price action as I zoom in and out of timeframes.
{yes, that WAS way more wordy than it needed to be :roll: ; its 3:45A EST so I feel like hearing myself talk to break the silence; so sue me :x }

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009
:idea: es/pip :idea: wrote:...
how i see it

wouldn't have had a trade on the 15 but if you go up to the 30m you could have played it like this

marcromero wrote:Es/pip thank you so much you just opened my eyes to the zline thing. I've been trying to get a grip in this for months. Ok I see why you would have entered at the 1 in the blue zone(is that the mo zone) but why would you have entered in the 2 area? Also how do you make that blue zone?

you dont just enter in the MZ or at a Zl bec it is a zone or a line

"a true zl trade happens on bars that are back to back"--MO

so if i didnt enter on bar #1 i would have traded into it on bar #2

and this is a 30 min chart so i would have really been looking at a 5 min chart and tried to get in based on momentum

to make the rect. use the rect. draw tool

aliassmith

Re: NLA gems 5...A Zline by any other frame just isn't the s

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:21 pm

TygerKrane wrote:[font=Lucida Console][highlight=darkorange]This will help me do my [/highlight][highlight=darkorange]Multi Time Frame Analysis [/highlight][highlight=darkorange]better, it should give me a much clearer purpose of [/highlight][highlight=darkorange]one of the things I should be trying to see[/highlight][highlight=darkorange], to find opportunity:[/highlight][/font]

Was going through NLA and picked up something I didn't expect (much like you guys when you go to Thailand; "Land of Smiles" huh? :lol: [That's what She said! :oops: ])

With all my Zline Bootcamp training and the astronomical number of yous guys screenshots I looked at, I never really considered that what looks like a Picture-Perfect, 'consecutive-bar' Zline trade on a higher timeframe, doesn't have to look like that at all on a smaller timeframe.
Furthermore, I never considered that I could be watching a smaller timeframe WITH ALL MY FOCUS and still miss the beautiful Zline setup going on in a higher timeframe :!:

I think this will make me a much more betterer scannerer ( :shock: ) of multiple timeframes, I feel like I now have more of a visual target to understand the compression and expansion of price action as I zoom in and out of timeframes.
{yes, that WAS way more wordy than it needed to be :roll: ; its 3:45A EST so I feel like hearing myself talk to break the silence; so sue me :x }

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009
:idea: es/pip :idea: wrote:...
how i see it

wouldn't have had a trade on the 15 but if you go up to the 30m you could have played it like this

marcromero wrote:Es/pip thank you so much you just opened my eyes to the zline thing. I've been trying to get a grip in this for months. Ok I see why you would have entered at the 1 in the blue zone(is that the mo zone) but why would you have entered in the 2 area? Also how do you make that blue zone?

you dont just enter in the MZ or at a Zl bec it is a zone or a line

"a true zl trade happens on bars that are back to back"--MO

so if i didnt enter on bar #1 i would have traded into it on bar #2

and this is a 30 min chart so i would have really been looking at a 5 min chart and tried to get in based on momentum

to make the rect. use the rect. draw tool

Guess you missed my posts on "what's going on inside" a setup/pattern. :shock:
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:17 pm

A little different concept I think, but still, good point, totally forgot about those! Actually those are some of my favorite pictures, if you hadn't posted them, it would've taken me a lot longer to trying starting learning Zlining trading ( :shock: ).
I was focused on one method (Buy Zone). I knew that system hopping prolongs the pain, so for the most part I ignored what you guys were doing. (I was progressing real well with my Buy Zone too.)
But your pics convinced me to start reading...

~Krane

Return to “beginners forum”