TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

just4pips

Postby just4pips » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:58 am

cosmoe1 wrote:
newschool wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
Additionally, I don't think I've heard of anyone putting a successful automation on TRO's Rat Reversal off of Daily Extreme's, so just b/c it can't be done automatically, doesn't mean that with a little human discretion it couldn't be successful manually... {referring to your automated strategies, and me wanting to combine Bollinger Bands with Rat Reversals}.

Well I already have the RAT automated, so just tell me what you want to add to it.

Newschool,
Where can someone download this rat ea
I have searched the forum and google can not find.
cosmoe1
Newschool,

I am also interested in the automated Rat Reversal. Where can we get it.

Thanks

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:59 pm

MightyOne wrote:If you understood how simple this is then you would just do it.

The trick is to scale in and rest your average orders beyond S&R :shock:

Trading is so simple in your head. When ever you trade you trade with clear thought and understand everything what's happening on the charts. That's why it's so simple, for you. My mother is hair cutter and has it's own company but also works there as she is brilliant hair cutter. When I watch her working, it looks so simple in her hands that makes me want to pick up the scissors and make some cuts for fun. But when I picked these scissors up, it didn't feel so simple any more. I couldn't move my hands like my mother does nor did I can keep up my mind while trying to move and cut. Every time I feel indignation I'm going to think about it and know that my mother wasn't brilliant cutter neither when she started out..

Actualli I have a question too. What are those 123 markings ? I see that it's not the usual 123 pattern but you seem to be counting to the three after the breakout.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm

jarnapal wrote:

Trading is so simple in your head. When ever you trade you trade with clear thought and understand everything what's happening on the charts. That's why it's so simple, for you. My mother is hair cutter and has it's own company but also works there as she is brilliant hair cutter. When I watch her working, it looks so simple in her hands that makes me want to pick up the scissors and make some cuts for fun. But when I picked these scissors up, it didn't feel so simple any more. I couldn't move my hands like my mother does nor did I can keep up my mind while trying to move and cut. Every time I feel indignation I'm going to think about it and know that my mother wasn't brilliant cutter neither when she started out..

Actualli I have a question too. What are those 123 markings ? I see that it's not the usual 123 pattern but you seem to be counting to the three after the breakout.

I considered a way to simplify XY patterns and then compared the results to Neo-Waves to arrive at a simple yet powerful pattern that starts with a close over a line.

Notice my dedication to your level of understanding
:wink:

newschool

Postby newschool » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm

just4pips wrote:Newschool,
Where can someone download this rat ea
I have searched the forum and google can not find.
cosmoe1

Three easy payments of 19,99$ by paypal.

Just kidding.

http://kreslik.com/forums/download.php?id=4285

NB: This EA proves the Rat strategy cannot work only by itself, you need to add it to s&r or MZ.

jarnapal

Postby jarnapal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:30 am

MightyOne wrote:
jarnapal wrote:

I considered a way to simplify XY patterns and then compared the results to Neo-Waves to arrive at a simple yet powerful pattern that starts with a close over a line.

I should watch this chart everyday until my mind starts to grasp the idea behind your markings. But I can see the candle that made lowest low and 123 before that candle, did that form a fat cat too (number 3 is marked with fat cat but what about 1 ) ? My untrained eyes can see that fat cat is a lazy prize forming non-momentum candles followed with hard drop/jump. Is this that simple ? Fat cat = CC zeroline ? Price closes over the line you start to count where three usually is a momentum candle (I'm not sure about the star you marked there). Momentum candle keeps closing over the line that keeps you in. If there's a candle closing over a fat cat like you marked with "!" it shows problem and you start to count with a new "1".

And yes, I see your dedication and it makes me feel dumb. :lol:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:20 pm

[highlight=darkred]So I wonder:[/highlight]
If I sat down at Yellow Rectangle, made my imaginary line, and watched 'the arrowed candle close beyond it.
Once that happened, was there ACTUALLY a good place that I should've entered short from??
My only guesses are
    [a]Throwing out a Red Rat Reversal just because
    [b]The consolidation area rectangled in blue
Or was there really no good price action indication for me to go short yet, and it was perfectly OK for me to be waiting all the while??

In the M90 chart, the blue rectangle looks like a possible Zlining (b/c of the wick) [Am I Wrong??], but on the M15 chart it's just a messy back and forth consolidation.
Should I be training my eyes to recognize that kind of thing, or was it really just a time where waiting was only thing to do?

Thanks In Advance for any Replies and Points-Of-Views,
~Krane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

newschool

Postby newschool » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Tyger, those clean breakouts happen only a few times each week. I really try to catch them when I can because theres 0 drawdown and big profits...

newark18

Postby newark18 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 pm

MightyOne wrote:

I almost missed this nugget of information.

Anyway, MO, I have a question that I hope you will answer: With which STF candle do you start combining candles? In your picture, you could have started combing candles one STF candle earlier and still have the combined candle close over the same line.

Why is the extreme of 1st candle with star used to determine S&R line? In other cases, it seems like it is the extreme of combined candles 1 2 and 3.

Thanks.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 am

[highlight=darkred]Looking for lessons on how to best handle the consolidation part...[/highlight]
Waiting for outcome to compare with what happened yesterday...
Trying to cut down on my drawdowns. (and my overall horrible trading, lol.)

{even though my helpful note from Pablo101 said: "You guys really need to wait for MOMO"}

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:09 am

newark18 wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

I almost missed this nugget of information.

Anyway, MO, I have a question that I hope you will answer: With which STF candle do you start combining candles? In your picture, you could have started combing candles one STF candle earlier and still have the combined candle close over the same line.

Why is the extreme of 1st candle with star used to determine S&R line? In other cases, it seems like it is the extreme of combined candles 1 2 and 3.

Thanks.

That is already answered in the picture...

Start with the lowest/highest close + the 2 prev. candles.

2 of the 3 combos will be acceptable

The chart with the greatest number of consecutive green/red candles in an up/down trend will be the chart that is the most correct.

Return to “beginners forum”