TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Some afterthought analysis

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:25 am

Some afterthought analysis...
:-k Image

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Missed my TP by 8 pips [schild=17 fontcolor=blue shadowcolor=darkred shieldshadow=1]Boo! Hiss!![/schild]

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 pm

This entry I am least confident in, entry wasn't based on Rat Reversal of any kind, just the sheer depth of the pullback and its proximity to the M45 bullish MOMO.

TygerKrane

Cell Phone Price Alerts

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:26 pm

[highlight=darkgreen]Must set cell phone price alerts, so I can clear out untriggered entry orders after my Stop Loss is hit...[/highlight]

TygerKrane

Sam Seiden re-watches

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:01 pm

[highlight=darkred]Decided now is a good time to re-watch some Sam Seiden videos, since I am now focusing on zline trading. Sharpening my skills and understanding of Supply & Resistance. [My notes, somewhat in the order they were presented.][/highlight]

Identifying Low Risk, High Reward, and High Probability Trading Opportunities For Swing and Longer Term Forex Traders (48:17)
http://www.forexpros.com/live-events/tr ... ders-50263

[highlight=violet]Focus on the picture that represents price levels where supply exceeds demand and where demand exceeds supply.
Our goal is to figure out where are the real buyers in the market and where are the real sellers in the market. So lets focus on the picture that represents that in the larger timeframe.[/highlight]

• Every significant uptrend ends at a Supply Mark-07_Smile Level.
  • Every significant downtrend begins at a Supply Mark-07_Smile Level.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Every significant downtrend ends at a Demand Mark-06_Smile Level.
  • Every significant uptrend begins at a Demand Mark-06_Smile Level.

Not the Conventional Wisdom, Not looking at trends by higher highs & higher lows etc., or up-sloping/down-sloping MA's.

[highlight=white]Getting into the trend as it starts, before it is actually underway. Want to catch as close to the turning point as possible, that's the key to the low risk - high reward entries.[/highlight]

Mark-07_Smile [highlight=pink]When you sell short, you are selling to someone who is buying after a rally in prices -{when price rallies up to a supply level}- [/highlight]Mark-07_Smile
Mark-07_Smile [highlight=pink]i.e. their mistake of buying right into a price level where supply exceeds demand.___________________________________[/highlight] Mark-07_Smile

Mark-06_Smile [highlight=lightgreen] And when you are buying long, make sure you are buying from a seller that is _________________[/highlight] Mark-06_Smile
Mark-06_Smile [highlight=lightgreen]making the mistake of selling after a drop in price into a price level where demand exceeds supply.[/highlight] Mark-06_Smile

Good idea to put profit target just above demand level for shorts, and just below supply level for longs. (You will be more likely to hit your target.)

Approaching zones: The sharper the move into an area (i.e. MOMO). You want to see momentum into a price level. This makes for better reversal entries (though it might seem scarier.) You want a picture that represents strong momentum into a level.

Focus on the origin of the move in price away from a level and that is what helps us determine how out-of-balance or in-balance supply and demand is at the level itself.

<How much time price has spent at a level is key information.>

[highlight=violet]Keep it simple and have the patience to wait for the optimal levels.
Let's take this info as well and apply it to what I am already doing so I can achieve the results I want to achieve in trading.[/highlight]

{@41:51, something about Rally based drop}
Last edited by TygerKrane on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TygerKrane

additional note

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Focus on the origin of the move in price away from a level and that is what helps us determine how out-of-balance or in-balance supply and demand is at the level itself.

<How much time price has spent at a level is key information.>

Out-of-balance: The shorter the amount of time that price is at a level, the more out-of balance supply and demand is at the level.

In-balance: The longer the amount of time that price is at a level, the more in-balance supply and demand is at the level.
[highlight=white]_{i.e., price consolidating & narrow-range channeling relative to the timeframe you are watching.} [/highlight]

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 pm

TygerKrane wrote:This entry I am least confident in, entry wasn't based on Rat Reversal of any kind, just the sheer depth of the pullback and its proximity to the M45 bullish MOMO.

For some reason, I am STILL a bit shocked to see that there was really only one Rat Reversal available for the long trade I was trying to take, and with that, the Rat got a better entry and the cheese and not me... But I SEE what I SEE, so it'll be Rat Entries for ME!

Let's see, 6 more weeks, or 30 more participating trading days, I'll have this mastered :smt023 ; and then its nose jobs, pec implants and breast implants for everyone, my treat! 8)

TygerKrane

Supply Zone observation

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Just want to observe how price breaks through or rejects this level that has been tested a few times...

and slightly zoomed out:

TygerKrane

Re: Supply Zone observation

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:55 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Just want to observe how price breaks through or rejects this level that has been tested a few times...

and slightly zoomed out:

RESULTS

and slightly zoomed out:

PLUS, my usual overview:

TygerKrane

Re: Supply Zone observation 2

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:00 pm

And this next pic with my markup on it, not that I can say why or if it is particularly significant; just that these are the points that my eyes are drawn to:

Return to “beginners forum”