TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Captain Pugwash

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby Captain Pugwash » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 pm

HIYA TYGER
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Hey Mira, LeM, Cap'n!!!

I'm looking forward to keeping track of my weekly trading activity on here again.

It's not like I stopped trading all this time, I spent nearly as much time looking at charts as I've done any other year...
However, I must admit that not keeping a public trading journal (or any trading journal at all, for that matter), had a negative impact on my ability to trade responsibly.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:19 am

TygerKrane wrote:Hey Mira, LeM, Cap'n!!!

I'm looking forward to keeping track of my weekly trading activity on here again.

It's not like I stopped trading all this time, I spent nearly as much time looking at charts as I've done any other year...
However, I must admit that not keeping a public trading journal (or any trading journal at all, for that matter), had a negative impact on my ability to trade responsibly.

Journals are interesting psychologically, in that they can keep a trader on track with a stated method, however that same feeling of being watched does not always sit well with those uncomfortable with having someone looking over their shoulder.

For me, chatting and posting on the threads help with my tendency to "footer" with open trades - on those that last longer than my usual 30 seconds anyway, lol - as as a full time trader, staring at a blank wall isn't a lot of fun.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

Journals are interesting psychologically, in that they can keep a trader on track with a stated method, however that same feeling of being watched does not always sit well with those uncomfortable with having someone looking over their shoulder.

For me, chatting and posting on the threads help with my tendency to "footer" with open trades - on those that last longer than my usual 30 seconds anyway, lol - as as a full time trader, staring at a blank wall isn't a lot of fun.

It can help with the isolation of being a self employed trader, but it can also be a distraction.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:13 pm

aliassmith wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

It can help with the isolation of being a self employed trader, but it can also be a distraction.

Oh absolutely but I think if you are looking to trade seriously and still let yourself be distracted by a forum (or FaceBook or Twatter) or even the TV, then you are not ready to be a full time trader.

Learning to deal with distractions is just as big a part of trader training as learning how mt4 works.

In my case, I initially would not let myself trade unless it was in my dedicated office space, as I was far too easily distracted by anything other than trading, lol.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:04 am

Maybe I am using the word 'journaling' wrong?

I am just going to continue doing what I've been doing here on Kreslik:
♤reporting my weekly gain/ loss - to keep me from being an excessive gambler, due to having any visions of grandeur or overconfidence in a particular analysis
♤reporting the number of trades placed in a week - to gauge how active I have been
♤(maybe) reporting my account's weekly high/low - to show how much volatility my account has gone through. (This depends on if I can easily get the numbers from my broker's trade reports.)
♤And showing some screenshots of mostly the winning trades, with a few losers thrown in.

The hardest part was just getting over my ego and any embarrassment from showing my consistent losses to the world. Once I got over that, the 'journaling' became a really useful tool that I really want to stick with.

Other than that, unfortunately I won't be able to start trading this week :cry:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:57 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Maybe I am using the word 'journaling' wrong?

I am just going to continue doing what I've been doing here on Kreslik:
♤reporting my weekly gain/ loss - to keep me from being an excessive gambler, due to having any visions of grandeur or overconfidence in a particular analysis
♤reporting the number of trades placed in a week - to gauge how active I have been
♤(maybe) reporting my account's weekly high/low - to show how much volatility my account has gone through. (This depends on if I can easily get the numbers from my broker's trade reports.)
♤And showing some screenshots of mostly the winning trades, with a few losers thrown in.

The hardest part was just getting over my ego and any embarrassment from showing my consistent losses to the world. Once I got over that, the 'journaling' became a really useful tool that I really want to stick with.

Other than that, unfortunately I won't be able to start trading this week :cry:

Seems like a pretty good description of ''journaling'' to me :D

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Week 0
Week Ending 1/--/19
0%
Entries: 0

Week High: 0%
Week Low: 0%

Screenshot_20190120-140434_Polaris Office-.jpg
Screenshot_20190120-140434_Polaris Office-.jpg (69.05 KiB) Viewed 3153 times

I plan on starting off with a lot of small target scalping, 8 - 20pips. (To build a profit cushion.) My default entry size is 3lev.

I generally use a pre-set SL of 20pips, and somehow, whenever I attempt larger target trades --even attempting trades off of D1 extremes--, my SL still gets hit before I get a large price move in my favor.

Anyhow, the idea is to find these small trade opportunities based on:
  • H3 for direction
  • M30 to reasonably guess when a pullback (PB) has completed
  • M5 to cut my risk to less than 20pips per trade when possible
After about 4% profit or so, I will start looking to trade off of D1 charts, for larger targets, and with higher leverage.

My trade sizes:
EntrySize = 3lev
1stDouble = 6lev
2ndDouble = 12lev
3rdDouble = 24lev

Weekly Risk Limit: -5%
20pips risk @3lev = 0.6% risk per entry (@EntrySize)

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:41 am

A few small scalps in my attempt to gather a little bit of OPM, before I attempt for the further --and therefore less likely-- TPs.

Unfortunately at this point, a few losses, even though I was closely managing my risk on those trades, took away a lot of those pips.

Oh well, the aim is just to consistently engage the market in an organized manner, so that my decision making process becomes more ingrained, like driving a car. From there, the good habits I cultivate now will keep me in the market, without the market eating up my account, so that I will more frequently be able to catch bigger moves in the market with bigger (but still risk-managed) position sizes.

And the best way for me to trade is with my phone vertical, so my pages unfortunately will be long with lots of scrolling as I put in more screenshots. My charting program doesn't support my previous horizontal layout on my new phone. (I still need to figure out what is the best height size for me to resize my screenshots to.)

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:51 am

EA Long
+5

Entry
Screenshot_20190204-054322_TInterceptor.jpg
Screenshot_20190204-054322_TInterceptor.jpg (239.81 KiB) Viewed 2997 times

Manual Exit
Screenshot_20190204-060214_TInterceptor.jpg
Screenshot_20190204-060214_TInterceptor.jpg (247.47 KiB) Viewed 2997 times

AJ Short
+5

Entry
Screenshot_20190204-061546_TInterceptor.jpg
Screenshot_20190204-061546_TInterceptor.jpg (242.12 KiB) Viewed 2997 times

Exit
Screenshot_20190204-085436_TInterceptor.jpg
Screenshot_20190204-085436_TInterceptor.jpg (249.6 KiB) Viewed 2997 times

Return to “beginners forum”