TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Plan for the upcoming week
CadJ: Long above 77.00, and Short below

W1/D1/H8
Attachments
IMG_20160806_185807.jpg
IMG_20160806_185807.jpg (210.89 KiB) Viewed 2644 times

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Plan for the upcoming week
EG: will probably mostly ignore this pair, but I set alarms on it...

W1/D1/H8
IMG_20160806_191514.jpg
IMG_20160806_191514.jpg (217.13 KiB) Viewed 2638 times

Would trade Short from .8600, or start looking for Short entries once PA hits .8432 .

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:49 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
An interesting week, somehow I found courage to trade more aggressively. I added-in up to 3rdDouble on three occasions. I turned down +3% on three occasions b/c I was looking for PA to hit a psychological number. Finally, at the fourth 3% profit gain, I decided to close. This was all trading CadJ long.
Actually my CadJ bias for the upcoming week is EASILY decided. I would've started trading it on Friday after a wicked PB Short, but I decided to just accept a profitable week and not lose any of what I had.

Also, in one of my 3rdDouble trade sequences I had to do some shedding and adding back in, which was good for my discipline at TAMING my grandiose plans when they start going awry.

Also, for the upcoming week, I am thinking of tuning down my entry leverage. I might do my calculations so that my target is 100pips @3rdDouble , which would lower my entry leverage to around 2.2lev.

The_BIG_Picture.png
The_BIG_Picture.png (23.57 KiB) Viewed 2602 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:08 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Plan for the upcoming week
CadJ: Long above 77.00, and Short below

W1/D1/H8

Having my trade idea's planned out already for the week helped my trading a lot. No longer was I chasing price or confused on which way it was moving. It had to come to my area and present its self in a way that I wanted to take the trade and not just blindly entering

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Week 16
Week Ending 8/12/16
-6.55%
Entries: 35
=========================

Week 17
Week Ending 8/19/16
0%
Entries: 0

Week 18
Week Ending 8/26/16
0%

Week 19
Week Ending 9/2/16
-1%
Entries: 2

Week 20
Week Ending 9/9/16
0%

IMG_20160911_105016.jpg
IMG_20160911_105016.jpg (54.63 KiB) Viewed 2435 times

Week 16, when I lost -6.55%, I was trying to amplify my gains from the previous week and lost a bit of control when the trades weren't working out.
After that, my attention was divided between a really oppressive workload and an important life decision I needed to make.
Add to that, around August 14, Trade Interceptor got hacked, which shut down the use of their app for a few days, and now that they are coming back online, they are going forward in a new direction.

They are opening up their own brokerage, and no longer accepting outside brokers to trade through their app; also, since I am a *censored - swear word* U.S. citizen I am ineligible to sign up with their new brokerage (UK based). I can still use their app for charting however, and I should be able to do a demo account through them to keep a picture record of my trades in the same format that I have been using.
Trades now must be entered through the FXCM app, which lacks multi-chart capability.

I searched and rediscovered the Netdania app, which has now become INCREDIBLE (and has multi-charts!) since I last used it in 2012. Even better, you can trade your FXCM account through it...if you are not a *censored - swear word* U.S. citizen.

Just writing this out has got me pissed off all over again.

Anyways back to trading, I think I am going to try focusing on mainly trading Short (80% short trades, 20% long I suppose), so I changed up my lineup of pairs to trade.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Some things aliassmith said recently that I liked:

aliassmith wrote:post92499#p92499
...I believe the most important part to being a success lies within each and everyone.

Once you gained the knowledge you must turn inward to seek the remaining pieces of your success and no one can give you that besides yourself.

post95194#p95194
The key to manual trading IMO is the exit. It takes a lot of practice to take profit and cut trades, which happen to both be exits.

post95206#p95206
As for my day to day "routine", I don't have one. I wake up and look at the market. I do some other things then I look at the market. Then I'm in line I look at the market. When I am grillin and drinking beer with my buddy I'll look at the market. When my wife is talking to me I'll look at the market [-X . It's mobile and I trade from pure price action so it makes it easy. Analysis of your setup within the context of the market conditions, just because there is a setup doesn't mean you should take it.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Week 21
Week Ending 9/16/16
0%
==============================

Week 22
Week Ending 9/23/16
0%

IMG_20160911_105016.jpg
IMG_20160911_105016.jpg (54.63 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

Ok, so I am finally ready to get back to trading, no more hiatus.
I've just mostly been silently bitching and moaning about the convenience I've lost in no longer being able to use Trade Interceptor, and not being able to find a comparable substitute.
But, I was slowly & finally able to figure what my next best step is, and so, it's time to start placing trades again.

Actually, I did more than just bitch and moan these last two weeks.
I was also practicing my approach of only trading Short...I must say, I like this new tactic very much. Firstly, I proved that with only a four-pair lineup, there are plenty of opportunities for me to get in, and probably more importantly, it makes it easier for me to sit on my hands and do nothing in the market. Avoiding the urge to do Long trade analyses was easier than I thought.

I was also able to mentally get more comfortable with this philosophy of only trading Short, my pivotal analogy coming from the point of view of playing Chess:
When you are playing Chess on a physical board, you stay seated on one side of the board, figuring out your best moves and trying to decipher your opponents intentions, from only this ONE vantage point.

So I'll be focusing on identifying when Long PA has Exhausted itself, so that I can take smaller stabs, and then larger stabs, at making my Short Entry attacks.

Sure, it is a little humbling to have to put this kind of training wheels on myself, but it doesn't actually limit my ability to Add Zeros, and besides that, a consistently growing account equity curve is what we all respect in the end anyway.

In the meantime I am left to wonder how long it will be until Trade Interceptor launches their brokerage, their charting is working (thank God), but they don't even have demo account functionality set up yet ... :?:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Week 22
Week Ending 9/30/16
5.1%
Entries: 31

So, I think I will continue to prematurely say that I am really agreeing with only trading Short. It definitely does allow me to sharpen my focus, and helps me to keep my observations more organized (since I am 95% mainly only taking note of prices going Short.) I was only barely tempted to consider what a Long Entry might be, when I was in some of the Short trades that were in profit.

I DEFINITELY don't see my ability to add zeroes to my account inhibited, I can say that for sure!

I had an account high of 6.1%.
I then attempted an NJ Short (from an area that I previously caught a big Short from), but I was scared money at that point...as price was playing around my Entry area, I closed out at about -7pips & -0.5% (but before one of my 'warning points' had even been breached; PA then immediately dropped, and I could've added 2.25% to the 6.1% that I had.
I then attempted one more Short on GU, but it immediately went against me, my SL was also about -15pips (-0.5%). So I decided to stop trading for the week with the 5.1% gain.

I am going to trade this week with the same lot sizes as last week, so my leverage will be slightly lower than average.

Other than that, trying to figure out my system of taking screenshots; simple Entry --> Exit trades are easy enough to capture, but trades were I add in, and have AVG lines to take into account, are a bit cumbersome to be marking up with lines for screenshot purposes...we'll see.

I'm taking a weekend trip and forgot my phone at home like a complete d!ck #-o , so I'll add my Account Size/Lot Size Grid, and hopefully, some trade shots as well, later.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:05 pm

This much I do remember, however
NJ Short below 73.60
I want to trail Stops from the H2 highs and go kamikaze as quickly as possible

2016-10-01, NJ Short bias for next week.png
2016-10-01, NJ Short bias for next week.png (46.91 KiB) Viewed 2175 times

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Week 23
Week Ending 10/7/16
-4.2%
Entries: 13

IMG_20161009_141726.jpg
IMG_20161009_141726.jpg (54.62 KiB) Viewed 2040 times

Most of my entries didn't go too far.
It made me have to think again about how I pick my TP targets.
Had I done a better job of taking smaller TP's, I would've still been trading when some of the bigger Short moves happened. However there was a lot of back and forth volatility for me this week I feel. Still a good chance I would've lost money this week anyway.
This week should produce something good for me, however, I will only be available to trade for half the week. (So I am hoping not to make too many mistakes earlier on.)

Return to “beginners forum”