TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:52 pm

TygerKrane wrote:•Trading on My $$ = Profit Accumulation stage = be more eager to TAKE profits quickly {to accumulate more SPACE}
•Trading on OPM $$ = Profit Risking stage = be more eager to RISK profits to gain more {using the SPACE that I have accumulated}

:idea: :idea: :idea:
I am thinking that:

When in Profit Accumulation stage,
my largest chart should be H2;

and

When in Profit Risking stage,
my largest chart should be H8.
:idea: :idea: :idea:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:04 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Some things MightyOne said years back that I found myself thinking of recently:

post16700#p16700
"Investing has its place
Trading has its place
Scalping has its place

None are right all the time

but each is right some of the time

and some of the time is where you make your money all of the time."

post78076#p78076
"If you take a trade against a long term chart then what are you hoping to achieve?
That price broke higher & may now close lower than the extreme & in the future might follow through by closing lower than something?
It could very well make sense to try such a thing according to the small charts and long term stops but the key here is that YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED to continue with such an idea;..."

One more that I forgot:

post79830#p79830
"The greatest skill in the world cannot move the market one pip so focus on getting paid when the market moves one pip."
-I extrapolated to say to myself (to try to help me with one of my weaknesses):

"The greatest skill in the world cannot move the market from the Weekly Extreme to across the Weekly Open, so focus on getting paid when the market moves from the Weekly Extreme."

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:52 pm

post80202#p80202
"The long term is for placing/trailing stops, the short term is for accumulating size and space prior to the long term move."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
• The short term is for accumulating size and space prior to the long term move:
    Profit Accumulation stage; H2 as my largest chart + Entry & 1stDouble entry sizes

• The long term is for placing/trailing stops:
    Profit-Risking stage; H8 as my largest chart + 2ndDouble entry size; Add-in to reach 3rdDouble

If I have issues entering at 2ndDouble entry size due to: being too SPACE-deficient, or, lacking confidence in reading the charts' PA; then I stay at Profit Accumulation stage.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Mon May 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Week 4
Week Ending 4/29/16
1.3%
Entries: 17

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu May 05, 2016 7:20 pm

:-k :-k :-k

H8/H2/M15 perspective, if you're curious:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Thu May 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Closed the trade, +15pips @2ndDouble
Decided to accept that I'm not actually in "Profit Risking Stage"; no need to let PA pull further back Long... (whatever happens next, happens)

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 06, 2016 12:03 am

Well, the week started off well enough...
With these 3 trades (and one other scalp), by the end of Monday, I was up only an insignificant 1.8%
:lol: :lol: :lol:

((all Entry level size trades))
ECad Long, +18pip preset TP
Entry:

Exit: (TP at 1.4393 hit)

GU Long, +12pip preset TP.
(note my Limit Order for a GU Short --the main trade that I wanted from this area)
Entry:

Exit: (TP at 1.4670 hit)

GU Short, +34pips
Entry from a preset Limit Order:

Exit:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Fri May 06, 2016 2:01 am

TygerKrane wrote:Closed the trade, +15pips @2ndDouble
Decided to accept that I'm not actually in "Profit Risking Stage"; no need to let PA pull further back Long... (whatever happens next, happens)

So what happened next...
PA pulled back Long to 1pip above where my 2ndDouble AVG had been, then pretty much immediately dropped down to where my TP order was, 75pips away. <sigh> :roll:

Oh well, I just need to continue to cultivate my habits for Executing Correctly (while keeping my losses small), and 'OK' results will compound into AMAZING results!
:smt027

H8/H2/M15, for perspective:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun May 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Week 5
Week Ending 5/6/16
-12.38%
Entries: 42

It's like I entered a time machine and revisited myself back when I first started trading...
It's crazy b/c I was stable throughout the whole week with no signs of trouble.
Somehow, my brain just IMPLODED on Friday and I totally screwed myself over like a complete noob.
*×*×* Basically, This is what it feels like when I FOCUS on what I can Gain, as opposed to what I can Lose. *×*×*

Great, so I need about 14.13% to get back to where my account started on 5/1...

Anyhowz, I think I understand what happened, combination of factors:
• Missing the AJ Short trade @2ndDouble that would've been good for 8.4%
• Realizing how much I missed trading at higher leverages, due to not being able to elevate from my weak sauce low leverage entries frequently/consistently enough
• NFP occurring on Friday, so, hoping I could exploit a guaranteed large pip move to make up for my missed trade on AJ
»» *×*×* Basically, This is what it feels like when I focus on what I can Gain, as opposed to what I can Lose. *×*×* ««

Before I spazzed out on Fri, I was actually mentally aware enough to make an interesting observation about how I use my risk boxes, so that will be under review as well.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun May 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Week 6
Week Ending 5/13/16
0%
Entries: 0

The week was too busy, so I just ended up doing a bit of reviews here and there on various aspects of my trading.
One thing I hated about not being able to trade this week is that during the prior week, I was noticing certain things in my trade selection that made certain trades feel better than others, but I was either unable to describe it in words well enough to write a note to myself, or I just didn't have the time to write it as it was happening. So then to go through the following week not trading/looking at charts... I hate the idea that I might lose some beneficial ideas. #-o

Unfortunately, this upcoming week, (and the next two afterwards) might be stacked with work projects and outside obligations that prevent me from trading. :( Boo!

Return to “beginners forum”