TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

PTG

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby PTG » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:47 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Thanks, I appreciate it. I definitely have some room for simplification.
That quest for Holy Grail perfection always seems to creep in if I'm not careful.

and that's the Holy Grail right there - you found it ;)

Thing is, as I see it, that markets are complex systems. You can't predict them very well and those who pretend they can are selling snake oil. So why not do away with that altogether and make sure you enter the market at points that make sense to you, and exit when you're in profit. Just be the leaf and accept that the market does whatever the heck it wants. When you're in profit and you decide to exit because it is "enough", then you're good. The rest is "only" about fear and anxiety prevention techniques, and those are futile; all smoke and mirrors. There will be pain to deal with, and you do have a choice in what kind of pain, but dealing with it you shall. This concept is so powerful and simple it hurts the brain.

I don't need the left hand side of the chart, except the last 2 hours trading H1. How simple is that ?
I don't even care about the news. Everything that is being taught as common sense, or even so-called contrarian info, can go right there where it belongs: the dustbin. Why ? The majority use it and they lose. This goes further than just getting rid of squiglies. A chart means nothing to me, absolutely nothing. Sounds contrarian, right ? LOL

Who said again "all you need is a horizontal line" ?
As long as it makes sense to you I would add, but anyway. Drawing a line is just that, drawing a line. Like -say- on an hourly time frame when the market has turned around. Or not, you could use the last bar and put an entry above or below in the direction of the close. Or reverse. And then comes the inevitable moment to enter the market and give a little to have great rewards in return 8)

Selling houses is about location location location.
What works for me is simplify, simplify, simplify.

There is a time for everything.
Some will remember these posts at some point in time and see their personal light.
Hope this helps ;)

Drain'em !
There's no business like [strike]show[/strike] covid19 business.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Thanks again for the posts, PTG.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Week 0
Week Ending x/x/16
0.0%

I want to try a little something different. I want to lose a little weight, and wonder if it could make a positive effect if I link together two goals that --in order to be successful-- require long-term discipline over many, minute daily decisions.
While I don't generally like the idea of tracking my weight on a WEEKLY basis...whatever :roll:

Ultimately, I'm hoping that one set of numbers go down, while the other set of numbers go up :lol:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:22 am

My first three trades of the week were successful (almost unheard of), and it prompted me to think of some things, being that my only chance for long-term success will come from me maintaining discipline whether I am dealing with a string of wins OR losses.

(¹Trying to itemize the things that 'unnecessarily' give me headaches and/or Fear; ²Trading is not a business of certainties where 1+1 always equals 2...)

※※※※※ ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓ ※※※※※
I think that maybe an inability to accept being an 'OK' trader, pushes me to try and erase ALL uncertainty to be (as close to as possible) a PERFECT trader, and as a result, I end up being a horrible trader (who seems to have great potential :wink: ).
I am thinking that in a world where it is impossible to erase ALL uncertainty, focusing on consistently being an 'OK' trader would allow 'okay' results to compound, so that in the end, I have the results that make me look like a Great trader....
Damn, that is so f#cking counter-intuitive...

Focus on being Average in the short-term, in order to Become AMAZING in the long-term.)

※※※※※ ⇑⇑⇑⇑⇑⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇑⇑⇑⇑⇑ ※※※※※

So!
NOT looking for the Holy Grail means:

☞Accepting that there will be losing trades, no matter how hard I look at the charts and try to draw conclusions by comparing
  1. body sizes,
  2. body closes,
  3. wicks,
  4. MZ's,
  5. Daily Extremes,
  6. Weekly Extremes, and,
  7. where the Asia, Euro & US sessions close in relation to each other.

☞Accepting that even though I might be correct on direction, the PB pivot that I enter on STILL might not be THE final pivot formed before PA goes in my intended direction. Therefore, I mustn't use MY money, or even OPM to see if my entry can outlast a 'suspected' over-extension of PA.

☞Accepting that taking profit, only to see there were more pips in the move is not something that I should feel ashamed of, or give myself negative self-talk over. The same way that I can enter after a pivot that is not THE pivot which starts the move, I can also close a trade to TP after a pivot that is not THE pivot which ends the move.

(There are probably one or two other things that cause me headaches/Fear when I subconsciously stray away from 'accepting that I need to be comfortable dealing with uncertainty', but I can't think of them right now.)
Last edited by TygerKrane on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:51 am

The three trades I started the week with:

GU Long, +30pips
Entry

Exit

ECad Long, +20pips
Entry

Exit

ECad Long +10pips
Entry (buy limit entry)

Exit

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:15 am

TygerKrane wrote:My first three trades of the week were successful (almost unheard of), and it prompted me to think of some things, being that my only chance for long-term success will come from me maintaining discipline whether I am dealing with a string of wins OR losses.

(¹Trying to itemize the things that 'unnecessarily' give me headaches and/or Fear; ²Trading is not a business of certainties where 1+1 always equals 2...)

※※※※※ ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓ ※※※※※
I think that maybe an inability to accept being an 'OK' trader, pushes me to try and erase ALL uncertainty to be (as close to as possible) a PERFECT trader, and as a result, I end up being a horrible trader (who seems to have great potential :wink: ).
I am thinking that in a world where it is impossible to erase ALL uncertainty, focusing on consistently being an 'OK' trader would allow 'okay' results to compound, so that in the end, I have the results that make me look like a Great trader....
Damn, that is so f#cking counter-intuitive...

Focus on being Average in the short-term, in order to Become AMAZING in the long-term.)

※※※※※ ⇑⇑⇑⇑⇑⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇑⇑⇑⇑⇑ ※※※※※

So!
NOT looking for the Holy Grail means:

☞Accepting that there will be losing trades, no matter how hard I look at the charts and try to draw conclusions by comparing
  1. body sizes,
  2. body closes,
  3. wicks,
  4. MZ's,
  5. Daily Extremes,
  6. Weekly Extremes, and,
  7. where the Asia, Euro & US sessions close in relation to each other.

☞Accepting that even though I might be correct on direction, the PB pivot that I enter on STILL might not be THE final pivot formed before PA goes in my intended direction. Therefore, I mustn't use MY money, or even OPM to see if my entry can outlast a 'suspected' over-extension of PA.

☞Accepting that taking profit, only to see there were more pips in the move is not something that I should feel ashamed of, or give myself negative self-talk over. The same way that I can enter after a pivot that is not THE pivot which starts the move, I can also close a trade to TP after a pivot that is not THE pivot which ends the move.

(There are probably one or two other things that cause me headaches/Fear when I subconsciously stray away from 'accepting that I need to be comfortable dealing with uncertainty', but I can't think of them right now.)

Good post. I personally feel that a person won't be successful until they:

*Find a method that they can have success with
*Practice that method
*Except what kind of trader they are

I know MO doesn't agree, but I don't think everyone has the potential to be a 1000% per annum trader. Be the best you can be.

Also stop risking so much of your capital. 5% a week is to much of "your" capital at risk. Try 1% a day with a 3% weekly loss limit. When u build up OPM go crazy, but protect your capital.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:37 am

Or maybe, just maybe, what you call "ok" is perfection ;)

Less is more before more is more.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 am

Managed to get a trade on @1stDouble size that made a nice move afterwards.
It was enough pips to reenter at 1stDouble size with a decent amount of SPACE, but still, after closing it, I continued to only want to enter trades at my regular Entry size.
50pips @1stDouble
= 100pips @ Entry size
= 5 risk boxes of 20pips @Entry size

But I am only up 1.8% for the week.

Below are the numbers I currently work with:
20pips @ 4:1lev {my Entry lev} = 0.8% per risk box
A 5% weekly risk limit = 6.25 risk boxes

So with a 1.8% profit, I currently have 8.5 risk boxes.

At my 4:1lev starting Entry size ((0.04% per pip)), 1.8% = 45pips

Using *just* the 1.8% profit, I could likewise have a 1stDouble entry with a 22.5 SL.
Or, I could add on one of my risk boxes from my weekly start balance (1.8% + 0.8% = 2.6%), and then have a 1stDouble entry with a 32.5 SL.

...oooooothhhherrrrrrr than that, it sucks starting out the week with only 6 risk boxes. I'll probably talk about that tho in another post. (I think just now I already realize the solution, but the topic also reminds me to talk about some other things...)

NCad Long, +50pips
Entry

Setting my order to add-in @.8908 (to reach 1stDouble)

Add-in, @.8908 (now @1stDouble)

Exit

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:49 am

:-k :-k :-k

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:09 am

Boo! :x
PA only went down to 1.4909 so it didn't reach my entry.

Return to “beginners forum”