TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dchappy

Re: TygerKrane's Pip-Pickpocketing

Postby dchappy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:47 am

Back in the early days with Ninja Trader . I would enter trailing stops tied to entry orders .What I didn't understand was that trailing stops only appeared on my PC and were not passed to the exchange until they were triggered .Thus , if my PC was off when price hit my stop it was never triggered because it was not at the exchange .I know nothing about Trade Interseptor ,but maybe the problem is similar .

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Week 5; Ending: Jan, 29
-13.13%
Entries: 54
33.4% Targets: -1/8 ⇒ $2000

It is safe to say that, "I lost my cool."
Definitely sparked by this issue of my Stop Loss orders being ignored, but still, I take the blame fully.
I was hovering at about +2% for the week, trying to get a trade off the daily extreme when it happened. The funny thing is, when my first stop loss got ignored, it didn't even do much damage, it dropped me to @ -2% weekly loss. However, I felt cheated and so, I over-traded in an attempt to get back to the more favorable position I started at.

<so yes, it was VERY 'emotionally deflating'.>

I DID have a chance to significantly close the gap of my weekly losses; I was at @ -7.8% , and I had a GBPJPY short that I could've closed, to shrink my weekly loss down to @ -3.3%. Taking in mind the volatility of the pair, and seeing an open space on the chart that would have brought my weekly profit to @ 3% if PA returned there, I left the trade open. Price came back on me (and went against me A LOT more), but I actually moved my SL to a few pips positive before I turned off the charts. ((Thankful to that AND the fact that my SL was ACTUALLY respected.))

It got me thinking tho, I always ignore the GJ pair b/c the max lev is only 16:1, however the pair *regularly* moves back and forth in 50-100 pip swings daily, enough PA to give you 16-32 gains on any given day.
Yes, other pairs CAN offer somewhat similar potential, but ¹large pip swings aren't as frequent, and ²you would need to be at a much, MUCH higher leverage.
A 30 pip SL at 16lev = 4.8% at risk
whereas,
A 30 pip SL at 45lev = 13.5% at risk :idea:

Anyways, not something I might actually pursue now, but something to keep in mind...

※※※※※※※※※※
“It definitely wouldn't be cool to lose my cool two times in a row...Actually, it wouldn't be cool to lose my cool EVER AGAIN :!: " ____________________~ TygerKrane

"I only need to protect myself from myself, at this point..."--Amen--

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:08 pm

Week 6; Ending: Feb, 5
-2.9%
Entries: 7

This week I wasn't very much engaged mentally with my trading, I had a lot of outside things going on, but probably more importantly, I wasn't feeling too confident in my trading platform, so it was half-a$$ed trading at it's finest.
Also, I really prefer being able to write about one week before I go into the next. (How else am I going to compile a reliable e-book from all this?)

The absolute way to avoid any trading errors would be to confirm that stops are placed in the FXCM app, but damn that is such a pain in the a$$ compared to just using Trade Interceptor freely like I've been doing...
On the positive side, confirming SLs with FXCM only involves opening up the app and a bunch of screen swipes here and there; it's not like I actually have to make phone calls and deal with automated voice menus, sooooo........ :!:

※※※※※※※※※※
“It definitely wouldn't be cool to lose my cool two times in a row...Actually, it wouldn't be cool to lose my cool EVER AGAIN :!: " ____________________~ TygerKrane

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Laksh & dchappy,
Thanks for the replies.
I can't blame any of this on FIFO, and unfortunately it's not as simple as a connection between my phone being turned off and their servers.
I've literally done thousands of trades with Trade Interceptor since sometime in 2013, when I switched over to using their platform with my FXCM account.
Outside of these last two incidents, maybe it has happened 2 or 3 incidents where a Stop Loss disappeared. (In these most recent cases tho, the SL didn't disappear, it was totally ignored.)

As it stands, Trade Interceptor says they haven't been able to replicate the issue on their side; I am waiting for another response from them. This coming week.

I am going to have to contact FXCM now.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Redemption trade,
took me from -4% to -0.29%
Yeah, how do i do -4% over the course of one day, from my Weekly starting balance? (its one thing if I am in profit already for the week, but like this from my weekly starting balance…no bueno.)
Over-enthusiasm I suppose, trying to act bold in the face of my unresolved trading platform issue. Have to --at the very least-- send SOME KIND of notification to FXCM, just need some spare time to do so since I couldn't do it over the weekend.
Anyways, so for the trade, saw my profit rise up to my weekly starting balance, and then started to pull back some, so that's why I decided to take the profit early, without waiting for my TP.
Don't get me wrong, I AM ALL ABOUT RISKING SOME OF MY MONEY and having a slightly negative weekly balance, to have a chance at bigger gains…but, after not even posting a positive week yet, PLUS having to fall back a stage/duck in my aims for a +0, i decide that maybe I don't have the luxury of sacrificing positive weekly gains right now.

Anyhows, trade ended up hitting my intended TP…and then some!
Such is trading, as long as I keep a leash on my losses, other opportunities can fall in my lap that will get me AHEAD, as opposed to great trades that only seem to help me maintain a Break Even balance….

Enjoy!
(actually, this is a BEAUTIFUL entry for my trading style)

ECad Long: {19pips @ 2ndDouble}

Entry

Double x2

Double x4

Exit

Afterwards, feeling glad about my exit and not waiting for the TP (to bring me to my weekly start balance -0.29%

Afterwards, doh!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:39 pm

You have to get your mind off of the money, Tyger.

Every day is simply a question of what you have to work with and what you are going to accomplish.

There are two things that I attempt every day:
1) double my size
2) halve my size at +55 pips, no questions asked*

Halving my size does not mean that I cannot re-enter
with the previous size or even double the previous after
liquidation.

Why 55? It is +4 to 8% in a single day, a waypoint in 5.3 days or less!

Your trading is only as good as your planning.

*EDIT: I should probably elaborate:
Day 1:
Let's say that I enter at $min and liquidate at +12.
I might then re-enter at $min, double, and exit at +18 (+24 pips total as the prev. profit is halved).
Re-enter for ($min)2, exit half at +37 (55 total), & take whatever else I can get at half size
Day 2:
Enter trade for ($min)4, price moves 55 pips, reduce size by half,...

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Week 7; Ending: Feb, 12
-4.6%
Entries: 37

Technically speaking, I didn't lose my cool b/c I kept my losses within my weekly limit, but on the other hand, since I had an account high of 6.3%, ending up with this kind of loss in the week maybe does count as losing my cool in a way...

Back to how I lost -4% in a day right at the start of the week, that was accomplished with 13 entries, I don't remember EXACTLY what was happening, but I'm pretty sure that the charts were looking pretty predictable, yet nothing I put down seemed to stick...

"Every day is simply a question of what you have to work with and what you are going to accomplish."
I'm pretty sure I don't have 13 entries a day to work with, THAT'S for sure! SMH

Something else...13 entries to lose 4%, 3 entries to get it back [Entry/1stDouble/2ndDouble]

As for the descent from 6.3% to -4.x%, first, I want to say that I think me and GJ will become good friends; second, my loss was caused by me getting married to an idea I had, and therefore not able to back away from the chart when things started going differently than I imagined. (For me, reversing direction from my intended entry idea is something I am not too good at.)
Basically, I got my account high with a GJ Long trade that broke above an area, so when it pulled back short again, I had the idea that it was just going to be a temporary move, before heading back long and BEYOND. --And naturally, since I was already comfortable trading that pair, I wanted to get on board with the new long as early as possible.

But yeah, I got married to an idea (and kept trying to act on it despite what the market was showing me); that is what caused my troubles.

※※※※※※※※※※

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:07 pm

The GJ Long trade that put me into a "Long Only" mode with GJ; and the area on GJ where I got married to my bias.

Entry

1stDouble

Exit

The area that I stubbornly tried to trade Long out of as a result of that successful trade (various long entries were attempted between these two pictures, somehow)

First entry attempt

Last entry attempt

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:08 pm

Week 8; Ending: Feb, 19
0.0%
Entries: 0

Decided to take a week off from trading. Still watched the charts like crazy, but just wanted to take a step back.
Continued investigating something I had been looking at for a few weeks, using fractals to aid my entries in certain cases. Even listened to a lecture by Bill Williams a few times.

I also went back to trying to work out a plan with something I generally dislike doing --comparing related pairs to try and find some kind of holy grail in choosing my direction. It's like that bad relationship that you keep going back to after a few months have passed since your last fight.

No, hopefully I won't continue with it, but it is like the Sirens call...

Not trading must have given my brain more freedom to roam, as I was switching through 11 pairs, which is something that I am ALSO against.

Time to roll up my sleeves and get back to trading! Accepting that I will be working for someone until I hit retirement age (instead of being independently wealthy doing something I truly enjoy, much, MUCH sooner) is not very appealing to me.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:10 pm

More fun with numbers:
5% @Entry = 125pips
5% @1stDouble = 62.5pips
5% @2ndDouble = 31.25pips
5% @3rdDouble = 15.6 pips

::EDIT:: Entry lev = 4:1lev

Return to “beginners forum”