TRO please dont leave us( TS users).............

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Niagara

Postby Niagara » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:45 pm

Michal,
What is the real stuff, Neoticker? Most people, myself included are not programmers. To get computers to do things, you buy a black box (preprogrammed), pay for a programmer to activate your idea or his, especially automated trading, or program yourself in the real stuff. It looks like you, Avery, and a few others are true programmers, with some ideas, and experience. All the rest are just hangers on waiting for some pearls of wisdom, and downloadable code.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:17 pm

Niagara:

Trading is almost as old as the history of man itself.

People have traded for centuries before computers existed.

If you have a TRADING method that really relies on computers then you are handicapped.

Yes, you need a computer for online trading. Most people watch the chart instead of time/sales (tape reading). But you can trade profitably with using "squiggly" line indicators. It's all about PRICE ACTION.

Almost every chart package allows you to draw a HORIZONTAL LINE and has CANDLE charts. You can trade profitably with that. That's all my TRADE ZONE or BUY ZONE indicator is.

Spend more time programming your brain than the computer. If you do that, you'll trade profitably.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Niagara wrote:Michal,
What is the real stuff, Neoticker? Most people, myself included are not programmers. To get computers to do things, you buy a black box (preprogrammed), pay for a programmer to activate your idea or his, especially automated trading, or program yourself in the real stuff. It looks like you, Avery, and a few others are true programmers, with some ideas, and experience. All the rest are just hangers on waiting for some pearls of wisdom, and downloadable code.

Jesse Livermore was not trading with a computer and still he was able to make millions. But at that time, the market was not so efficient as it is today.

From the 1980s, the massive proliferation of relatively cheap computing power into trading has made the markets incredibly efficient. Every inefficiency is quickly discovered with a raw computing power and capitalized upon.

I'm not saying Neo is the only way to heaven, but it's one of them.

Michal

Niagara

Postby Niagara » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:52 am

michal.kreslik wrote:Jesse Livermore was not trading with a computer and still he was able to make millions. But at that time, the market was not so efficient as it is today.

From the 1980s, the massive proliferation of relatively cheap computing power into trading has made the markets incredibly efficient. Every inefficiency is quickly discovered with a raw computing power and capitalized upon.

Michal

Michal,
Are you making all the code you have developed available here? Have you developed or are developing an automated trading system. You seem to be interested in trading thoery, whereas Avery is very interested lately in FX and previously in developing screening codes and TS modules. I think many of you here are accomplished traders who are looking for the excitement of system development, as well as making money.

Many of you have socialized with each other, and know each other personally. Perhaps there could be an introduction thread. I am curious as to your backgrounds. This trading of this or that can be fun and profitable. I was looking at a post by a Japanese trader on ET who said they trade FX in groups, and use intuition as much as indicators.. There are many different approaches.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:16 am

Niagara wrote:
michal.kreslik wrote:Jesse Livermore was not trading with a computer and still he was able to make millions. But at that time, the market was not so efficient as it is today.

Michal

Michal,
Are you making all the code you have developed available here? Have you developed or are developing an automated trading system. You seem to be interested in trading thoery, whereas Avery is very interested lately in FX and previously in developing screening codes and TS modules. I think many of you here are accomplished traders who are looking for the excitement of system development, as well as making money.

Many of you have socialized with each other, and know each other personally. Perhaps there could be an introduction thread. I am curious as to your backgrounds. This trading of this or that can be fun and profitable. I was looking at a post by a Japanese trader on ET who said they trade FX in groups, and use intuition as much as indicators.. There are many different approaches.

Niagara,

part of the code that I'm developing I'm making available here and part (the bigger one) I'm not.

My largest NeoTicker project is the fully automated FPI framework - if you haven't already seen the description of the general idea, have a look here:

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=307

We have been working on another project with Avery here in Tucson from January, too, and it's all written in C#. Avery says we're gonna publish that once we make the first million dollars with it.

Michal

Niagara

Postby Niagara » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:52 am

Michal,

Good luck. Once you have achieved your goals, I'd like to be on the list of customers, if I could afford it. That would be a hard one to price.

Return to “beginners forum”