Trading sucks!!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 pm

paweldobkowski wrote:@FXfreak

Yes, I trade profitably. I still get some s**t days but my MM handles that.

@es/pip

ES, do You think that market changed (EURUSD for me) in the last year? I feel like some things were different even few months ago and I cant really put my finger on what's exactly that changed. Is it just me?

Paw,

Volume is down almost 50 percent from last year....that could be it...

i have noticed also...
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 am

paweldobkowski wrote:@FXfreak

Yes, I trade profitably. I still get some s**t days but my MM handles that.

@es/pip

ES, do You think that market changed (EURUSD for me) in the last year? I feel like some things were different even few months ago and I cant really put my finger on what's exactly that changed. Is it just me?

What Doji said.

Volume is down and ranges will contract and then expand a little different than normal. But it is the same thing all the time, you just have to adapt and trade the S/R, PA and range that is there at the time.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am

FXfreak wrote:I work from LO Open to LO Close. I could concentrate on scalping half an hour before up to one hour after LO Close.

Every trade was done while I was working.

---------------------------------------------------
Do you pass on taking trades that you feel are valid due to fear of losing?
The opposite happens: I'm afraid that the market flys without me. So I take too many entries.

Do you want to make 5% a week, 10% 30% etc
I would do it like every successful trader does it. I would use the leverage to get a fast account growth. If you know what you are doing. It doesn't matter if you get 10 or 50 pips every day. It's a question of leverage. But to give you a number: 10% per week.

--------------------------------------------------
What happens to make you call it a day if s**t isn't going right?
I would stop if I would have no idea what I'm doing right now. If I feel disconnected from the markets.

So sometimes you just enter just for the hell of it?
I enter at areas where I think price will turn. Sometimes I use small TF to look for the best place to enter, sometimes I have a limit set there.

es/pip, it is exactly as you wrote: Afterwards it seems so easy but live it is different. Sometimes if you look back even you don't know why you took that trade. It was a decision in the moment. I can't learn that from your pictures. I would like to see you live. Five minutes would help me more than 1000s of screenshots.

You plead and beg to me for a live session, it is almost like you think that i will just do it because you continue to ask.

Do you feel like i owe you something for some *censored - swear word* odd reason?

You have alluded to it like 10 times( maybe more i would have to go back and count them), i haven't addressed it, and it should be obvious that it isn't going to happen.

I am not going to show someone EXACTLY how i trade.

I ask DIRECT questions and you dance around them. I then ask more questions, and you pick and choose and answer only some of them. This is not worth my time.

I am done here, good luck to you.

You do not NEED me for anything, i can tell by your charts you are relatively close to getting somewhere. Scalping without 100% focus will probably not end all that well, i would suggest either making different arrangements for work hours, or moving out in time frames.

Everything you need has already been shown numerous times. If you do not see it and/or cannot do it, then you either have not spent enough time with it or maybe you just cannot do it. I have no idea.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:17 am

Thanks Doji and ES

I noticed that the volume decreased but I thought it was something more but I guess I was wrong.

Good thing about PA, S/R etc. trading is that it works in every market. Volume decrease must be a hard time for MAs traders though.

Guys,

I dont fckn now how to trade low liquidity periods. I really don't. Spreads and commisions seems to be consuming 80% of the profits also it has different "dynamics" to it in my opinion. It's pointless (at least for me) and I can only spot it after the fact.

You guys know any good way to avoid those periods besides trading only UK and US sessions?
im gluten free intolerant

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 am

paweldobkowski wrote:Thanks Doji and ES

I noticed that the volume decreased but I thought it was something more but I guess I was wrong.

Good thing about PA, S/R etc. trading is that it works in every market. Volume decrease must be a hard time for MAs traders though.

Guys,

I dont fckn now how to trade low liquidity periods. I really don't. Spreads and commisions seems to be consuming 80% of the profits also it has different "dynamics" to it in my opinion. It's pointless (at least for me) and I can only spot it after the fact.

You guys know any good way to avoid those periods besides trading only UK and US sessions?

You do NOT want to trade an illiquid period.

Remember that the forex market exists to exchange currencies. You don't want some exporter selling a few yards of euros, and causing a massive spike that plays absolutely no technical sense.

If I saw a perfect setup, a setup that I could bet my life on but it was during an inactive period, I would avoid it. Remember you can't move the market, you need other traders.

If you stare at the charts long enough, it will all make sense.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 am

After 3 years you should be ready to finish up by going full time.

Say it takes an average FX trader 5 years to make it all work.

Get to a point where you have 2 years of your cost of living set aside ( a little extra because it always costs more than you think), in addition to your required trading capital that is needed to produce the income you need/want to meet your lifestyle...

You probably won't make much progress / money unless you go full time at this point...
Life is just a journey

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:02 am

I know

Especially trading ZLs. It requires the other trades by definition.

But my question was not IF to avoid but but HOW to avoid it? : )

I just really dont know how to detect it in advance.
im gluten free intolerant

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 am

paweldobkowski wrote:I know

Especially trading ZLs. It requires the other trades by definition.

But my question was not IF to avoid but but HOW to avoid it? : )

I just really dont know how to detect it in advance.

It is just range contraction and expansion which is visual on the chart.

If things are real tight in a defined range then wait for the range to expand and volume to pick up.

Not sure where you are at with all of this as for as account size, but you can also look at DAX, CL and GC if currencies are not moving. Those three usually move regardless. Not for the faint of heart though.

You said earlier that commissions and spreads are getting you. What is your normal spread and commission rate?

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:48 am

Forgot to mention that during that two years you should trade a demo account.

You only switch to your own money account when you can meet your cost of living each week.
Life is just a journey

Neo88

Postby Neo88 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:46 am

I don't think demo trading is helpfull, you learn a lot more trading a small account than demo trading; thats what I came to realise after spending a couple of months on demo.
A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game. - Jesse Livermore

Return to “beginners forum”