Trading sucks!!

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

FXfreak

Postby FXfreak » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:24 pm

@es/pip
1. Are you using a hard stop of 10? If so what % risk is that of your account.
-> I don't trade with a % risk. I use 1000 oanda units = 0.10 dollar per pip. It is just for practising. No real MM. I use a stop below momo/supp. This depends but normally it is betwenn 2-10 pips.

2. Do you have a hard target, or are you targeting based on the PA on the chart?
-> I was targeting higher tf but it often didn't work. The question is: Which kind of PA shows me that I sould exit?

3. Do you take all the trades that you want to take, or do you pass on some and take others based on any fear of losing?
-> As you can see I took trades based on fear. But this is because of a lack of some fixed rules. which give me confidence.

4. What are you trying to accomplish account growth wise and time frame for this?
Do you ask for my purpose to trade? The question sounds a bit esoteric ;-)

5. Are you currently working and have other income?
-> Yes.

6. What times of day are you trading and can you trade?
-> LO and NY session

7. Would you consider only trading Eur/usd when it comes to scalping? If i am not mistaken Oanda puts EU at .8-1.1 and GU at 1.8-2.1. If you are going to scalp tight range stuff i would suggest not giving up that extra spread. Mainly focus on Eu for scalping and trade GU or AU for higher % setups. I would
prefer to see you just trade EU for now and focus just on that one, but obviously you can do what you are more comfortable with.
-> Sure if it helps.

8. What would cause you to stop trading for the day? A loss limit? Profit gained? etc etc
edit--------
-> I would never stop if I know that I'm a winner at the end of the day.

9. Are you just trading the m15 chart for your main setups?
-> I work fulltime and tried m5 today. But without watching the marketit gets complicated. So i focus on m15.

10. Are you looking at smaller time frames inside of the time frame you are trading for your main setups?
-> Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes it gave me an edge sometimes I just entered without any kind of confirmation.
Last edited by FXfreak on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

FXfreak

Postby FXfreak » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm

@es/pip

If you would have taken the trades in the range: What would have been your trigger for entry? Your arrows don't offer much information. Would your entries have been based on M1? Or on "your feelings"?

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 pm

2. Do you have a hard target, or are you targeting based on the PA on the chart?
-> I was targeting higher tf but it often didn't work. The question is: Which kind of PA shows me that I sould exit?
It is based on what happens, and is different every trade.

3. Do you take all the trades that you want to take, or do you pass on some and take others based on any fear of losing?
-> As you can see I took trades based on fear. But this is because of a lack of some fixed rules. which give me confidence.
You did not answer the question. Do you pass on taking trades that you feel are valid due to fear of losing?

4. What are you trying to accomplish account growth wise and time frame for this?
-> I want to to earn money like hell and btw ....this question sounds esoteric
Earn money like hell doesn't mean anything. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to make 5% a week, 10% 30% etc

8. What would cause you to stop trading for the day? A loss limit? Profit gained? etc etc
-> I would never stop if I know that I'm a winner at the end of the day.
What is your uncle point? What happens to make you call it a day if s**t isn't going right?

"9. Are you just trading the m15 chart for your main setups?
-> I work fulltime and tried m5 today. But without watching the marketit gets complicated. So i focus on m15. "
Yeah that will not work with scalping

10. Are you looking at smaller time frames inside of the time frame you are trading for your main setups?
-> Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes it gave me an edge sometimes I just entered without any kind of confirmation.
Why? So sometimes you just enter just for the hell of it?

------------------------------------------------------

1. So you are working while trying to scalp? Odds are that will not work at all. What hrs can you trade and just focus on trading 100%?

2. Post your trades for today for the times that you were 100% focused on trading. I do not want to see the ones while you were also working and trying to scalp.
Last edited by es/pip on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 pm

FXfreak wrote:@es/pip

If you would have taken the trades in the range: What would have been your trigger for entry? Your arrows don't offer much information. Would your entries have been based on M1? Or on "your feelings"?

I will not say how i enter trades.

Liquidity is one of the most important things in the world to me.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Answer this question that i asked earlier.

There is no secret to anything, you are just going to have to spend the time and make it work. You have been doing this for three years, and three years is not s**t. Maybe it will take you 5 years, or even 10 years maybe.

Are you going to keep trying for that long if it does?

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm

I want to clarify one other thing.

So those trades that you posted earlier were trades that you were trying to scalp and work at the same time?

FXfreak

Postby FXfreak » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:43 pm

My trades from today.

+18
+10

Mmhhh, better than my average day ;-)

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm

FXfreak wrote:My trades from today.

+18
+10

Mmhhh, better than my average day ;-)

Were these trades just from when you were 100% focused on trading, or do these include the ones while you were working?

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:30 pm

@FXfreak

Yes, I trade profitably. I still get some s**t days but my MM handles that.

@es/pip

ES, do You think that market changed (EURUSD for me) in the last year? I feel like some things were different even few months ago and I cant really put my finger on what's exactly that changed. Is it just me?
im gluten free intolerant

FXfreak

Postby FXfreak » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 pm

I work from LO Open to LO Close. I could concentrate on scalping half an hour before up to one hour after LO Close.

Every trade was done while I was working.

---------------------------------------------------
Do you pass on taking trades that you feel are valid due to fear of losing?
The opposite happens: I'm afraid that the market flys without me. So I take too many entries.

Do you want to make 5% a week, 10% 30% etc
I would do it like every successful trader does it. I would use the leverage to get a fast account growth. If you know what you are doing. It doesn't matter if you get 10 or 50 pips every day. It's a question of leverage. But to give you a number: 10% per week.

--------------------------------------------------
What happens to make you call it a day if s**t isn't going right?
I would stop if I would have no idea what I'm doing right now. If I feel disconnected from the markets.

So sometimes you just enter just for the hell of it?
I enter at areas where I think price will turn. Sometimes I use small TF to look for the best place to enter, sometimes I have a limit set there.

es/pip, it is exactly as you wrote: Afterwards it seems so easy but live it is different. Sometimes if you look back even you don't know why you took that trade. It was a decision in the moment. I can't learn that from your pictures. I would like to see you live. Five minutes would help me more than 1000s of screenshots.

Return to “beginners forum”