-

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

withnail

Postby withnail » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Maybe useful still.....
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

withnail

Postby withnail » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Luckily the pip gods were smiling at withnail yesterday. After I came from the gym and visited a friend to relax. I found price was nearly back at the point of my original orders (which I had deleted them by accident yesterday morning). Took some profit at the first demand level (dollar index is also at old supply level - I hope this gets blown through tomorrow). On a side note I am re-reading my whole trading library Did You Spot The Gorilla?, Toughness Training for Life, Sam Seidens lessons from the pros and Stan Weinsteins Secrets for Profit in Bull and Bear Markets, I can speed read lol and like to swap between books. My other books are for sale on ebay :).

Cheers Withnail.
Last edited by withnail on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

withnail

Postby withnail » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Just found Broco Trader has a very good selection of charts. Been marking a lot of charts up in there today. British Pound has some clear levels.

Good Weekend,
Withnail

withnail

Postby withnail » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Trade from today EURUSD of 4H Supply. I notice there has been another 2 setups more or less exactly the same on the EURUSD just recently. I am always asking myself Sams question these days - Who is buying there? - after a rally in price at an area where Supply exceeds demand. Seems to help.

Waiting for target of 2:1 to be met.

AUSUSD trade is still on waiting to see if it will go down to the next demand level.

Cheers Withnail.

withnail

Postby withnail » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 am

AUSUSD trade has moved a lot overnight in the wrong direction. Just some analysis as what may happen. There is a new supply level under the original daily that is interesting.

Dollar index moved off old supply level for 3rd time .. but penetration of level was deeper suggesting it is weaker.

Aussie itself is also at supply (cme globex chart).

Hope is Dollar supply gets broken and Aussie turns of it's supply. I have stop above the new supply using it as a shield. I have added a bit also. Not really sure but worth ago maybe.

Cheers Withnail.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:20 am

Hey WithNail, I got an interesting idea : how about using market profile to quickly and more objectively identify 'areas where price has paused'?

I can always send you this special version privately. *Wink*
Attachments
MP.PNG
MP.PNG (77.95 KiB) Viewed 2569 times

withnail

Postby withnail » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Relativity wrote:Hey WithNail, I got an interesting idea : how about using market profile to quickly and more objectively identify 'areas where price has paused'?

I can always send you this special version privately. *Wink*

Hi Rel, Thanks for the thought I appreciate it :D. Not really ever used MP. Getting more rule based and 'objective' is something I am always interested. Sam is saying the best levels are where the least trading occurred. If you could combine strength of the move away from a pause along with the mp stuff maybe you would be onto something. If you could send me the indicator I will use it along side my normal analysis and report back what I notice. Here is what springs out at me from your chart but I think most volume occurred at that point (looking at mp in the original down swing) but strength of move indicates big imbalance so I guess combination of the 2 needs to be considered.

Cheers Withnail.

withnail

Postby withnail » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:09 pm

What I failed to see in my AUSUSD trade (couldn't see this on 4H where I was looking). Live and learn. I traded to my rules profit locked in at first demand level, before weekend close and a bit after gap. The position I added at 1H supply got it's stop loss wicked, still a small lot left in. I would have got annoyed in past but that does no good. 1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

Cheers,
Withnail

withnail

Postby withnail » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:38 pm

I posted this already in PP2's log just adding here for reference. Sometimes I go through all the charts I leave here helps me to clarify things.

Was looking in the rat thread. As TRO says the rat is only one entry method I tried to combine it with my S&D method. This is what I came up with.

AUSUSD bounce off that daily supply again. Maybe George Soros has a order sitting up there lol. I've learnt a lot from taking that trade and holding it for a week. I am all out of it now. Looking for the GBP to setup for a longer term trade.
Cheers Withnail.

Pro Trader

Postby Pro Trader » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Withnail. How have you modified the fibo tool to show the risk:reward?

Return to “beginners forum”