-

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

withnail

Postby withnail » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 pm

dojirock wrote:withnail,

can you share the extreme indi in the corner?

dojirock

I am no programmer just cobbled it together for my own use. If you can make use of it your welcome. It projects lines based on Daily ATR 30, Weekly ATR 12, Monthly ATR 6 up and down from the current high and low for the relevant period. And gives pecentages based on the current and expected range for each period. I use it on alpari not tried it on anything else.
Withnail
Attachments
Withnails_range_meter.mq4
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Perfect! thanks,
same broker too!

-dojirock
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

withnail

Postby withnail » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Not the most exciting of days. Good practice of patience. A few things lined up on this one.

Pro Trader

Postby Pro Trader » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:29 pm

withnail wrote:Not the most exciting of days. Good practice of patience. A few things lined up on this one.

Nice how the supply levels matched up with the fibs there. I like it

One of your odd enhancers for trades?

withnail

Postby withnail » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Pro I just sometimes look around fibs, pivot points and breakouts for s&d patterns.

Pro Trader

Postby Pro Trader » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:19 pm

withnail wrote:Pro I just sometimes look around fibs, pivot points and breakouts for s&d patterns.

I had that same level marked up.

I've been watching the USDX more now as well to add confluence for my trades

It looked like previous Demand turning into Supply with the Weekly down momo to I was looking for longs on EU and GU.

Got a little 2:1 on EU today as well. The USDX was coming off a 30m supply when I took that

withnail

Postby withnail » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Nice trade Pro. Good to see someone else trading S&D here. If you want to post some trades feel free to post them here. The dollar index alignment is a nice one along with paying attention to when s turns to d and vice versa like you mentioned. I am focusing on just taking quality levels now - quality over quantity. I am also trying to squeeze the most out of a trade. I am setting multiple target based on levels and also daily and weekly average range.
As it was daily low and a good level 4:1 range off it, pair is also strong up trend I targeted the daily range and left a bit running too.
Cheers Withnail

Pro Trader

Postby Pro Trader » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 pm

withnail wrote:Nice trade Pro. Good to see someone else trading S&D here. If you want to post some trades feel free to post them here. The dollar index alignment is a nice one along with paying attention to when s turns to d and vice versa like you mentioned. I am focusing on just taking quality levels now - quality over quantity. I am also trying to squeeze the most out of a trade. I am setting multiple target based on levels and also daily and weekly average range.
As it was daily low and a good level 4:1 range off it, pair is also strong up trend I targeted the daily range and left a bit running too.
Cheers Withnail

Very nice

Here's what I see from that one

Daily

Entry time frame

Keep posting this is great stuff

withnail

Postby withnail » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Pro Trader wrote:
withnail wrote:Nice trade Pro. Good to see someone else trading S&D here. If you want to post some trades feel free to post them here. The dollar index alignment is a nice one along with paying attention to when s turns to d and vice versa like you mentioned. I am focusing on just taking quality levels now - quality over quantity. I am also trying to squeeze the most out of a trade. I am setting multiple target based on levels and also daily and weekly average range.
Cheers Withnail

Very nice

Daily

Entry time frame

Thanks Pro, good to see your take on the trade too. S=>D that you marked up on the daily was one of the things I liked about the trade. The trend line I didn't see. I try to think where others might enter fibs, breakout trendlines etc. If a S/D line up there I like to think it gets a boost when everyone else jumps in after the turn. I learnt recently that planning is one of the most important things about trading, and now I realise it is what MO is showing in his posts too. It has helped me a lot. Today I took 2 trades one GJ an add to the position from yesterday T2 was a previos supply level, a demand zone was created when price broke over it. I added on the pullback to it. And also AU showing some of my planning.
Cheers Withnail.

Pro Trader

Postby Pro Trader » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:27 pm

withnail wrote:
Pro Trader wrote:
Cheers Withnail

Very nice

Daily

Entry time frame

Thanks Pro, good to see your take on the trade too. S=>D that you marked up on the daily was one of the things I liked about the trade. The trend line I didn't see. I try to think where others might enter fibs, breakout trendlines etc. If a S/D line up there I like to think it gets a boost when everyone else jumps in after the turn. I learnt recently that planning is one of the most important things about trading, and now I realise it is what MO is showing in his posts too. It has helped me a lot. Today I took 2 trades one GJ an add to the position from yesterday T2 was a previos supply level, a demand zone was created when price broke over it. I added on the pullback to it. And also AU showing some of my planning.
Cheers Withnail.

Good trading, I see the S to D and vice versa.

Here's my long from Thursday

USDX

Return to “beginners forum”