The story of Yirbu

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Yirbu

Re: The story of Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:58 am

Don_xyZ wrote:Depends on how you look at it.

Mini anchor, clean back-to-back.
From the red to 15 pips below you get anything between 75% ~ 150%. 2 pips SL.
From another red to 15 pips up you also get the same. Also 2 pips SL.
If you're allergic to big numbers then it's 15% + 15%.

Scalp.
The blue are all scalp, could amount to something big also depending on the risk tolerance. TP & SL are M5 ATR or up to your stats.

EURUSDM5 laptop.png

That sentence pretty much sums up what Kreslik is all about.
Don, Alias, IgazI and Pro look at things different and see things different.
That's why we see Alias draw new lines on a chart and makes it profitable.
It's not about the lines, it's about what's between the lines.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:45 am

Yirbu wrote:

Scalp.
The blue are all scalp, could amount to something big also depending on the risk tolerance. TP & SL are M5 ATR or up to your stats.

EURUSDM5 laptop.png

That sentence pretty much sums up what Kreslik is all about.
Don, Alias, IgazI and Pro look at things different and see things different.
That's why we see Alias draw new lines on a chart and makes it profitable.
It's not about the lines, it's about what's between the lines.

Pretty much. This is why I post ideas. Everyone is different and will see different things. I can't tell you how to trade. Your brain works different than mine.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:46 pm

Did a whole lot of trades today but nothing spectacular.
My last trade however is how I would like it to be everyday.

Just 2 x 15 pips.
Closed the second trade when the H1 candle was hesitant to go past 30pips, the projected size of that H1 candle.

30pips.png
30pips.png (239.33 KiB) Viewed 759 times

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:38 pm

Scalp.

EURUSDM5 laptop.png

It kind of goes back to that time frame discussion, I'm learning on 15m right now, but, depending on conditions I could/should have dropped down to 5m or 1m to see some opportunities. Another rule to add : Be adaptable.

Yirbu

Postby Yirbu » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:07 pm

A couple of days ago there was a post on setting your SL to be and why that's a bad idea.
I remember Alias said something about creating a new risk profile and if you do place your SL to BE, prepare to have lots of b.e. trades.

This evening I was in a short trade and was going to have diner but I didn't want to close my trade.
I didn't want to have a loss while eating either so I moved my SL to b.e.
Because I was up +30pips I didn't expect price to move that distance during the European diner time.

Somehow price spiked, the spread widened up to 2 pips (??!!) reaching for my SL and took me out. :|
So now I know FVG's can also be mitigated using just the spread.

Stoppedout.png
Stoppedout.png (140.17 KiB) Viewed 723 times

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:19 am

Yirbu wrote:Did a whole lot of trades today but nothing spectacular.

Just 2 x 15 pips.
Closed the second trade when the H1 candle was hesitant to go past 30pips, the projected size of that H1 candle.

30pips.png

Yes. This is one of the reasons why we stick to M1.

kiwiarian wrote:

Scalp.

EURUSDM5 laptop.png

It kind of goes back to that time frame discussion, I'm learning on 15m right now, but, depending on conditions I could/should have dropped down to 5m or 1m to see some opportunities. Another rule to add : Be adaptable.

Now you're expanding your WIL. If anyone push you to go down the tf you wouldn't do it but now that you see the need yourself, you willingly consider that option. This is positive =D> =D> =D>

Yirbu wrote:A couple of days ago there was a post on setting your SL to be and why that's a bad idea.
I remember Alias said something about creating a new risk profile and if you do place your SL to BE, prepare to have lots of b.e. trades.

This evening I was in a short trade and was going to have diner but I didn't want to close my trade.
Because I was up +30pips I didn't expect price to move that distance during the European diner time.

Somehow price spiked, the spread widened up to 2 pips (??!!) reaching for my SL and took me out. :|

Stoppedout.png

1. How long did it take you to eat?
2. If the price spike happened only a candle or two ago then there's nothing you can do about it. $hit happens.
3. If it happened in the middle of your dinner time then you either bring your phone to the dining room (assuming you eat together with your family members) or you bring your dinner to the work room. Option 1 is a disgrace in some cultures, option 2 is also shunned in some countries. Or, you could simply close partial or all before you leave the trading terminal. Personally, I bring my dinner inside and my family understands coz it's their livelihood I'm protecting. Of course, I talked to them about the nature of my job long ago so when they see me doing things out of the ordinary they know it must be "that" thing.
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:42 am

Don_xyZ wrote:

Just 2 x 15 pips.

30pips.png

kiwiarian wrote:

Scalp.

EURUSDM5 laptop.png

Now you're expanding your WIL. If anyone push you to go down the tf you wouldn't do it but now that you see the need yourself, you willingly consider that option. This is positive =D> =D> =D>

Yirbu wrote:A couple of days ago there was a post on setting your SL to be and why that's a bad idea.

Stoppedout.png

2. If the price spike happened only a candle or two ago then there's nothing you can do about it. $hit happens.
3. If it happened in the middle of your dinner time then you either bring your phone to the dining room (assuming you eat together with your family members) or you bring your dinner to the work room. Option 1 is a disgrace in some cultures, option 2 is also shunned in some countries. Or, you could simply close partial or all before you leave the trading terminal. Personally, I bring my dinner inside and my family understands coz it's their livelihood I'm protecting. Of course, I talked to them about the nature of my job long ago so when they see me doing things out of the ordinary they know it must be "that" thing.

Sounds like to be serious you need a screen near by a lot. Pro had pics of his phone / screens in the car at the drive through, at dinner at the diner etc

Don_xyZ

Postby Don_xyZ » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:01 am

kiwiarian wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:

Just 2 x 15 pips.

30pips.png

kiwiarian wrote:It kind of goes back to that time frame discussion, I'm learning on 15m right now, but, depending on conditions I could/should have dropped down to 5m or 1m to see some opportunities. Another rule to add : Be adaptable.

Stoppedout.png

Sounds like to be serious you need a screen near by a lot. Pro had pics of his phone / screens in the car at the drive through, at dinner at the diner etc

It's true only when you have a running trade.
Try and ask Alias if he can ever leave his phone (with no trade running) even during a nice vacation :lol: :lol: :lol:
My threads

Patterns Observation
post148989#p148989

BONZ
post151670#p151670

MENTAL FORTIFICATION
post168148#p168148

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:09 am

Don_xyZ wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:

Try and ask Alias if he can ever leave his phone (with no trade running) even during a nice vacation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its difficult because I am an addict. I can leave the phone in the room while hitting the beach and pools for the most part. 8)
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

kiwiarian

Postby kiwiarian » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:21 am

aliassmith wrote:
Don_xyZ wrote:
kiwiarian wrote:

Its difficult because I am an addict. I can leave the phone in the room while hitting the beach and pools for the most part. 8)

Watch out when the water proof phone becomes mainstream...

Return to “beginners forum”