The deadzone

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Leoheart

Re: The deadzone

Postby Leoheart » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
IgazI wrote:I was searching for a full description of the Dead-zone but I haven't been able to locate it as yet.

That's 'coz there isn't one.

It kind of morphed naturally over time on Billy's thread ''Over There'' and although there are points along the way that I kind of pulled together breakdowns of the method, there was never any one place it was stored.

After a suggestion from TooSLow that I look at how EJ behaved, I picked up the ball and ran with it.

Basically we trade the ''dead air'' of the hour before the US Open.
Range of that hour.
Breakout.
Target +5 (% in my case, just as easily pips, points or whatever).

There was (is) a set pair-listing, which I came up with after looking for pairs with the same kind of movement profile. This had a few added along the way but pretty much settled down into a solid list of options. They are always listed in the order of preference on the thread (I would post up every day's charts, just for the record).

That is the heart of it. However as I said, I morphed it into something that contained more subtlety.

I added Wick Zone trading.

I added counter-trading.

Then directional bias, in the form of S+D.

Lately I have incorporated ADR.

UC is the star performer. It just keeps on churning them out, day after day. It is also the best for running the thing as a clean break of extremes, not using WZ back into the body and countering.

Interestingly - and perhaps understandably - once I added the bias info into the mix, the order-of-preference took a hit and tbh became less important, as I gave more weight to those set ups that had that aspect as backing to the move.

Oh and I always preferred using the WZ move back into the body rather than the clean break. It's in the blood now!

I will use fibs dropped over the range I am using to give me micro-scalps as the trade is running, especially if I am in a counter-trade situation and looking to unwind a ''bad'' trade.

Hope that helps. As always, feel free to ask any questions.

Lem, How do you use ADR? Do you only use it on the deadzone for others setups as well? What edge does it give? Curious. Thank You much.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
IgazI wrote:I was searching for a full description of the Dead-zone but I haven't been able to locate it as yet.

That's 'coz there isn't one.

It kind of morphed naturally over time on Billy's thread ''Over There'' and although there are points along the way that I kind of pulled together breakdowns of the method, there was never any one place it was stored.

After a suggestion from TooSLow that I look at how EJ behaved, I picked up the ball and ran with it.

Basically we trade the ''dead air'' of the hour before the US Open.
Range of that hour.
Breakout.
Target +5 (% in my case, just as easily pips, points or whatever).

There was (is) a set pair-listing, which I came up with after looking for pairs with the same kind of movement profile. This had a few added along the way but pretty much settled down into a solid list of options. They are always listed in the order of preference on the thread (I would post up every day's charts, just for the record).

That is the heart of it. However as I said, I morphed it into something that contained more subtlety.

I added Wick Zone trading.

I added counter-trading.

Then directional bias, in the form of S+D.

Lately I have incorporated ADR.

UC is the star performer. It just keeps on churning them out, day after day. It is also the best for running the thing as a clean break of extremes, not using WZ back into the body and countering.

Interestingly - and perhaps understandably - once I added the bias info into the mix, the order-of-preference took a hit and tbh became less important, as I gave more weight to those set ups that had that aspect as backing to the move.

Oh and I always preferred using the WZ move back into the body rather than the clean break. It's in the blood now!

I will use fibs dropped over the range I am using to give me micro-scalps as the trade is running, especially if I am in a counter-trade situation and looking to unwind a ''bad'' trade.

Hope that helps. As always, feel free to ask any questions.

Lem, How do you use ADR? Do you only use it on the Dead Zone or for others setups as well? What edge does it give? Curious. Thank You much.

I only use it for The DZ. My thinking is that because the zone forms well into my day, then it will potentially be at or near the ADR, lending some weight to any other directional bias I may have.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:40 pm

One of the most powerful and underrated ideas, here at Kreslik, is that of trading in only one direction:

1. the time that you would usually spend in analysis is converted into time spent making money.
2. you do not suffer from analysis paralysis and are not shy about pulling the trigger because you
have accepted that you don't know what the future holds.
3. you cannot be whipsawed or miss out on moves in your chosen direction; if you get knocked down you get up
and run full speed toward the resistance like a zombie.
4. there is a greater sense of peace in trying to do something rather than trying to be something.
5. you cannot miss out as ~50% of the bars are green, ~50% are red, and ~100% where one color and then the other.

You can even do some really basic filtering to make sure that you have the best of it:
you could only take trades if a perceived trend has been broken and go short from each bars zone.

Some moves are better than others, but you're sure to get at least 50% red candles this way; or you could only trade
green candles, it really doesn't matter, so long as you don't do both.

dzt.png

I was going to give this a thumbs up, but I feel like it deserves a tad more. So 3 thumbs up from me. Simply true and Awesome.

youyouyou

Postby youyouyou » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:12 pm

pop

still trading like a simpleton.
Attachments
dz.png
dz.png (88.64 KiB) Viewed 4508 times

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:36 am

youyouyou wrote:pop

So how's the experiment going?

I have been dropping in on the DZ again over the last month or so and sure enough, it just keeps on truckin'.

Hope it's been working for you too.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:47 am

LeMercenaire wrote:

I have been dropping in on the DZ again over the last month or so and sure enough, it just keeps on truckin'.

Hmmm, I like the simpleton part hahaha! I’m gonna chow down this thread and see what I find with the “Dead Zone”
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

youyouyou

Postby youyouyou » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:47 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

Thanks. The experiment's going well. I've been trying something similar (only difference is that I displace the DZ 1 hour later, WANNALEARN style) on the US indices as well (now that they have those cool little micro futures contracts).

While not in the purview of this thread, I think the indices also yield beautiful TooSlow style 1-2-3s, which I'm working on adding to my trade sequences (For some reason those work much better for me than HOLOs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. )

UC:
dz1.PNG
dz1.PNG (87.57 KiB) Viewed 4435 times

/MNQ:
nqdz.png
nqdz.png (142.92 KiB) Viewed 4435 times

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Hi there.

Good to have you here and hey, very flattered, lol.

I certainly have no objections to how you are planning to run the DZ. It is, after all, how I initially ran it myself.

One thing to bare in mind here, however, is that one aspect of the method that you do not mention, is that of using countering to manage any ''bad'' trade (not to mention directional bias of any kind).

Now, for one thing - I know that this is generally not an available option for US traders anyway (unless you are using an offshore account or two separate brokers, one for long, one for short) and for another, that even for traders in Europe, it has become more difficult due to the ESMA bull****.

This will inevitably effect your statistics on the method, especially on AU. However, for UC, it shouldn't be such an issue (unless the pair's behaviour has changed in the last year).

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

LeMercennaire,

Can you expand on the "countering" part.

i.e. do you have specific rule when a trade turns "bad?"

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:52 pm

BambinoFlex wrote:

I certainly have no objections to how you are planning to run the DZ. It is, after all, how I initially ran it myself.

One thing to bare in mind here, however, is that one aspect of the method that you do not mention, is that of using countering to manage any ''bad'' trade (not to mention directional bias of any kind).

Now, for one thing - I know that this is generally not an available option for US traders anyway (unless you are using an offshore account or two separate brokers, one for long, one for short) and for another, that even for traders in Europe, it has become more difficult due to the ESMA bull****.

This will inevitably effect your statistics on the method, especially on AU. However, for UC, it shouldn't be such an issue (unless the pair's behaviour has changed in the last year).

LeMercennaire,

Hi. It's late here and as tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I won't be trading, I will wait till tomorrow to get back to you and that way you will get a decent answer!

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:37 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:

LeMercennaire,

Hi. It's late here and as tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I won't be trading, I will wait till tomorrow to get back to you and that way you will get a decent answer!

Hope you had a marvelous thanksgiving, let me know once you have time to answer this. Looking forward to your input.

Return to “beginners forum”